pistols...competition/target practice

Discussion for firearms and less-lethal equipment.
HDinMB
Rookie Member

Re: pistols...competition/target practice

Postby HDinMB » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:49 pm

If you like Sigs, a P220 in .45acp might be worth a look. Knocks the steel plates down and then some. Reloads with 200grn lead bullets are nice and light to shoot, cheap too.

Bitterman
Rookie Member

Postby Bitterman » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:04 pm

Grassynarrows wrote:40 is great for comp shooting if you are shooting on steel plates it knocks them down good.

Yeah, but .45 knocks 'em down even when y'miss ;)
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.
Make counter accusations...

Grassynarrows
Poobah Overlord

Postby Grassynarrows » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:19 pm

this is true
Be professional and methodical. Take ownership of the situation. Look, listen and understand what is really being said and you will never have to walk away from an incident wondering if you missed something. Make every contact with the public count.

sunsetson

Postby sunsetson » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:25 am

sounds good, I'll look into it

talljoe
Rookie Member

Postby talljoe » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:28 pm

Aaaaarrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhh... I F***ing hate that piece of advice!!!!

The only thing .22's have over other cals. is cost.

Note to self........... Don't ask this guy for advice about shooting.

"Thinks"..............22's, very accurate, low recoil, inexpensive, allow you to shoot lots and concentrate on sights and trigger squeeze, myriads of competitions to shoot in, huge choice of firearms, huge choice of ammo, no need to buy expensive reloading equipment, no need to learn to use expensive reloading equipment, no need to build a bench for your expensive reloading equipment, no need to build a shed in which to build a bench for your reloading equipment, no need to spend time reloading. Got to stop there, fingers getting tired and have to do some reloading.

What do you mean, you don't reload ????

And Glocks and Sigs for TARGET shooting ? IPSC or IDPA sure, hitting a police silhouette maybe, NRA slow fire bullseye - forget it.

However the question asks for other peoples preferences. Mine depends on what I am doing at the time. My STI Spartan in 45acp is scarily accurate, but I shoot an Edge for IPSC, a Model 10 for work, a Pietta SAA for relaxation, a Browning Challenger for 'stand up on your hind legs and shoot a gun one handed' bullseye stuff.

TJ