My latest purchase

Discussion for firearms and less-lethal equipment.
RDS
Rookie Member

Re: My latest purchase

Postby RDS » Sat May 17, 2008 11:42 pm

Looks like a nice rig. I had a Mossberg as one of my first rifles and it wouldn't group 4" MOI, I'm hoping that they have improved their manufacturing and quality since then. Based on the reviews, it appears they have.

But you can take my Sakos and Tikkas from 'my cold dead hands'. ;) ;) :D :mrgreen:
RPAT: June 25th, 2009 - PASSED
Package Received: August 12th, 2009

BlueDemon
Rookie Member

Postby BlueDemon » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:52 am

I know lots of places sell shotguns, etc but where does one get handguns? for those that hold the restricted license?

Rob
Grand Poobah

Postby Rob » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:27 pm

I am looking into picking up one of these for around the house....

The new Nail Gun, made by Dewalt, makes a great present for Dad! It can drive a 6-D nail thru a 2 X 4 at 200 yards. This makes construction a real breeze .....you can sit in your lawn chair and build a fence. Just get the wife and kids to hold the fence boards in place while you sit back, relax with a cold beer, and when they have the board in the right place just fire away. With the hundred round magazine, you can build a fence with a minimum of reloading.

After a day of fence building with the new Dewalt Rapid fire nail gun, the wife will not ask you fix or build anything else. Available for a little more is the "band-aid magazine" for those 'near misses'.
'You sleep well in your bed at night only because a few rough men are willing to do violent things on your behalf"
George Orwell.

"Some times upholding the law is messy, but you get by, one day at a time"
Eric Cartman

Semper ubi sub ubi

Stinger
Poobah Overlord

Postby Stinger » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:30 pm

Rob wrote:I am looking into picking up one of these for around the house....

The new Nail Gun, made by Dewalt, makes a great present for Dad! It can drive a 6-D nail thru a 2 X 4 at 200 yards. This makes construction a real breeze .....you can sit in your lawn chair and build a fence. Just get the wife and kids to hold the fence boards in place while you sit back, relax with a cold beer, and when they have the board in the right place just fire away. With the hundred round magazine, you can build a fence with a minimum of reloading.

After a day of fence building with the new Dewalt Rapid fire nail gun, the wife will not ask you fix or build anything else. Available for a little more is the "band-aid magazine" for those 'near misses'.

HAHAHH that's bad ass

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Postby Dave Brown » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:18 pm

I should point out that if you want one of these Dewalt Rapidfire nail guns that you get one soon. The federal government is going to prohibit the use of 18 volt batteries. Civilians will be restricted to only 10 volt batteries. You can either purchase new batteries from Dewalt or send yours in to have the voltage reduced.

I don't know if existing 18 volt batteries will have grandfathered status, but apparently Dewalt has warehouses full of them in the U.S. where they will suddenly 'discover' pre-ban batteries years from now.

I also heard the mayor of Toronto saw that nail gun and is now petitioning to ban all hammers from carpenters and home renovators. He is on the front page of the Toronto Sun this morning, standing beside a sack of seized hammers, with the caption below that only says, "???"

ryan.p
Rookie Member

Postby ryan.p » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:45 pm

Nice looking piece there Van!
| Now on board with VanB's 5 step program |

Greg W
Rookie Member

Postby Greg W » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:21 pm

Rob wrote:I am looking into picking up one of these for around the house....

Neat. I would do a lot more work around the house with one of those...
What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Dwight D. Eisenhower, speech to the Republican National Committee, January 31, 1958

Bitterman
Rookie Member

Postby Bitterman » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:39 pm

One for the girlie girls...

Admit nothing.
Deny everything.
Make counter accusations...

Grassynarrows
Poobah Overlord

Postby Grassynarrows » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:59 pm

Outstanding!!!
Be professional and methodical. Take ownership of the situation. Look, listen and understand what is really being said and you will never have to walk away from an incident wondering if you missed something. Make every contact with the public count.