My latest purchase

Discussion for firearms and less-lethal equipment.
dira necessitas
Lord of the Poobahs

Re: My latest purchase

Postby dira necessitas » Sat May 17, 2008 8:08 am

Nice looking gun. I have a Mossberg 590 shot gun. Havn't shot a Mossberg rifle though.
I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but let's take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Grassynarrows
Poobah Overlord

Postby Grassynarrows » Sat May 17, 2008 8:50 am

Outstanding Choice!! Guns and Ammo rated this rifle very high if I remember correctly. :sniper:
Be professional and methodical. Take ownership of the situation. Look, listen and understand what is really being said and you will never have to walk away from an incident wondering if you missed something. Make every contact with the public count.

CourtOfficer
Site Admin

Postby CourtOfficer » Sat May 17, 2008 12:54 pm

What are you planning on hunting, VB?

CO

Grassynarrows
Poobah Overlord

Postby Grassynarrows » Sat May 17, 2008 1:27 pm

I just finished reading an article in the shooting times about this rifle. Sounds like it shoots 1 inch groups or less with most factory ammo, handles and functions well, so I think you've done well with your purchase.
Be professional and methodical. Take ownership of the situation. Look, listen and understand what is really being said and you will never have to walk away from an incident wondering if you missed something. Make every contact with the public count.

Bald Man
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Bald Man » Sat May 17, 2008 1:54 pm

Looks like a sweet kit for sure. Nice to see Mossberg back making bolt action rifles. I think you will prefer the synthetic stock out in the wet bush. Most will agree that the .270 Win round is one of the best all around cartridges. It also happens to have a flat trajectory making it one of the most accurate rounds. The late Jack O'Connor prefered this round and probably helped make it as famous as it is today.

th
Veteran Member

Postby th » Sat May 17, 2008 2:49 pm

VanB wrote:
CourtOfficer wrote:What are you planning on hunting, VB?

CO

The most dangerous prey of all... MAN...

Gotta a bag a few Polar Bears before those puppies go extinct!
:wave:

Tinman
Grand Poobah

Postby Tinman » Sat May 17, 2008 6:37 pm

VanB wrote:I've got one already.

Take your Christmas tree down you hillbilly. Just because there's still snow on the ground there, doesn't mean Santa is coming.
Say what you mean. Do what you say.

Bald Man
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Bald Man » Sat May 17, 2008 6:38 pm

VanB wrote:
Bald Man wrote: I think you will prefer the synthetic stock out in the wet bush.

There really isn't any 'bush' to speak of up here, at least not in the sense which you are referring. I am not averse to synthetic, in fact I was originally planning on getting a Ruger M77 hawkeye in synthetic/stainless, I just think the laminate is really eye catching, and if I get the model without the hole in the stock it won't have as much flex in it and will probably balance better. In the end we'll wait and see how it feels with the synth stock when I get it next week.

I wasn't sure where you were posted. Must get boring up there with no bush. Don't get me wrong, nothing looks better than the natural beauty of wood (from trees that is :D ). The laminate wood does look sharp too. Why didn't you just buy one of the regular synthetic stocked rifles? Did you get a chance to put your mitts on one before buying to see how they feel and shoulder?

Grassynarrows
Poobah Overlord

Postby Grassynarrows » Sat May 17, 2008 11:40 pm

I'm gonna go buy one of those rifles now. I can always use another for the collection.