Looking to switch to the updated P229

Discussion for firearms and less-lethal equipment.
Stinger
Poobah Overlord

Looking to switch to the updated P229

Postby Stinger » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:06 am

We are currently looking into replacing all firearms to the new P229 with the rail system, and lights.

MC07
Rookie Member

Re: Looking to switch to the updated P229

Postby MC07 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:23 pm

Is that the particular brand of light they plan to use? looks odd just the way it's hanging there,

What trigger system are they planning to use?

nice gun, an OPP seargent I know says it is very accurate :sniper: but they do cost alot more than others

timothydgordon
Rookie Member

Postby timothydgordon » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:11 am

I am curious what cartridge they'll bring the SiG 229 chambered with for law enforcement? .40 S&W?

HwyBear

Postby HwyBear » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:00 pm

Already use the Sig P229 which is 40cal.
We will not be getting any lights on our handguns, quit dreaming! We can't even get A pillar lights or police on our uniform!
Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow"

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:24 pm

HwyBear wrote:...We can't even get A pillar lights or police on our uniform!

That's so you can sneak up on people without them knowing you're the Police... silly! :P
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

Greg W
Rookie Member

Postby Greg W » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:09 pm

Our department recently transitioned to the P226R DAK in .40 S&W. We are quite happy with them. I believe you can find Safariland holsters that will accept the lights at R. Nicholls.
What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Dwight D. Eisenhower, speech to the Republican National Committee, January 31, 1958

Stinger
Poobah Overlord

Postby Stinger » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:16 am

HwyBear wrote:Already use the Sig P229 which is 40cal.
We will not be getting any lights on our handguns, quit dreaming! We can't even get A pillar lights or police on our uniform!

I want the light... lolol

They are looking into the A-Pillar spot lights. And the Police on the external as you know has been approved.

Stinger
Poobah Overlord

Postby Stinger » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:16 am

OntarioFiveOh wrote:Hell I couldn't even get a rain jacket! Although I have the Gore Tex one so it's all good ;)

You can't get it while you're at the academy. Once you're at Detachment, you can order it through QM.

HwyBear

Postby HwyBear » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:16 am

Stinger wrote:
HwyBear wrote:Already use the Sig P229 which is 40cal.

I want the light... lolol

They are looking into the A-Pillar spot lights. And the Police on the external as you know has been approved.

5-0 has been outta the academy for awhile.....that should not even be an issue, give the officer the "kit"
Oh yeah...great....police on the external vest... :roll: Excuse me folks, let me turn around and walk backwards so you can read it..... :cuss: stupid! Put police on our back only :banghead:
A Pillar lights should be a no brainer.....but then again if you sit behind the desk making decisions for road warriors, while holding your crack berries.....hmm, don't need no stickin "A" pillar light on my desk, they don't need it on the road!
Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow"

Stinger
Poobah Overlord

Postby Stinger » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:34 am

HwyBear wrote:5-0 has been outta the academy for awhile.....that should not even be an issue, give the officer the "kit"

Yes I know 5-0 has been out for a bit. However when I was there 1.5 years ago. They would not issue me the rain jacket until I was at Detachment. Unknown reason why.. somewhat pointless but... whatever..
HwyBear wrote:Oh yeah...great....police on the external vest... :roll: Excuse me folks, let me turn around and walk backwards so you can read it..... :cuss: stupid! Put police on our back only :banghead

You don't need Police on the external vest! All you need is Police on the Epaulets, and you're golden. Seriously... who thinks of this stuff :crazy:

HwyBear wrote:A Pillar lights should be a no brainer.....but then again if you sit behind the desk making decisions for road warriors, while holding your crack berries.....hmm, don't need no stickin "A" pillar light on my desk, they don't need it on the road!

Agreed aswell. It's too bad that we are always 15 years behind the coppers in the US.

Grassynarrows
Poobah Overlord

Postby Grassynarrows » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:27 pm

Nice touch I hope we follow suit
Be professional and methodical. Take ownership of the situation. Look, listen and understand what is really being said and you will never have to walk away from an incident wondering if you missed something. Make every contact with the public count.

JC2008
Rookie Member

Postby JC2008 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:20 pm

I have the P229R with a TLR-2 light/laser on it. It's a beautiful set up. Mind you, it's my personal use firearm. Shoots more accurate than I can.

Tinman
Grand Poobah

Postby Tinman » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:32 pm

Greg W wrote:Our department recently transitioned to the P226R DAK in .40 S&W. We are quite happy with them. I believe you can find Safariland holsters that will accept the lights at R. Nicholls.

Lucky service. In Ontario, I don't think the DAK trigger meets to standard under the PSA.
Say what you mean. Do what you say.