Criminal Code of Canada for PDA?

Discussion about computer hardware, software, or any other tech equipment, including innovations and ideas.
canadianmp

Postby canadianmp » Sat Dec 25, 2004 9:19 am

A lawyor in Edmonton got me onto a program that bookmarks pdf files so you can get right to specific sections. I cannot for the life of me remember the name of it though. I am working on putting the CC and QR &O's in one for me at work. If you do a Google search, I am sure you can find it.

This is one application I have used, http://www.primopdf.com/ but looking for more.

"those 7 years of McGyver finally paid off!" ~ Chuck

TPS11
Grand Poobah

Postby TPS11 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:07 am

Anyone have a site for the Highway traffic act of Ontario? I'd like to throw that on my laptop as well as the CC before I head out to OPC.

TPS11
Grand Poobah

Postby TPS11 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:13 am

Awesome. Thank-you :D

Postby Guest » Fri May 27, 2005 6:51 pm

If you can find in any format or visible in HTML Format - there are PDF conversion programs that you can buy for like $50.00 CAD that can change to PDF. Once you have it converted most Palm Pilots and HP Units have the option installed to read PDF's. It would just be a matter of the size of the PDF once converted and ensuring that your standard storage or added storage can hold the document.

Postby Guest » Sun May 29, 2005 12:11 pm

If anyone has a copy of the Criminal Code or wants to post links to where I can get it in any standard viewable format - I can convert to PDF Format and email to anyone that is interested. Just post the link after this message and I will convert.

If a link is posted - anyone interested in receiving the documents in PDF Format - just PM me.

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:57 pm

If you would like to download the Criminal Code in PDF Format you can download it at http://www.vcsinc.ca/Criminal_Code.pdf

Thanks...........

Kieran Huggins
Site Admin

Postby Kieran Huggins » Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:17 pm

I've put a copy of this on the Blue Line server for download (where it shall remain):

[link removed, see below]

This is a zipped version of the code that is viewable in any browser.

Cheers,

Kieran

*edit* the successor to this file [[Criminal Code of Canada|is now on the wiki]].
Last edited by Kieran Huggins on Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Burick
Veteran Member

Postby Burick » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:22 pm

Thank you Kieran.

Kieran Huggins
Site Admin

Postby Kieran Huggins » Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:55 am

Winterpegger wrote:Thank you Kieran.

No Problemo! I should add this to the wiki...

*edit* I have cleaned up the source code a bit and made the document xhtml 1.1 compliant (probably, I haven't validated it). It's available for download on the [[Criminal Code of Canada]] wiki page.

TR
Sage Member

Postby TR » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:57 pm

These links are not working. Any updates?

exkalibur
Rookie Member

Re: Criminal Code of Canada for PDA?

Postby exkalibur » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:13 pm

metallicat wrote:Anyone know if there is a program available for a pocket PC that would enable me to view the entire CC? I know another thread just said copy and paste everything onto the device, but I would rather not do that. If possible, a nice program or a well-done file of the entire CC would be awesome. Thanks.

I thought Police Officers were supposed to have the CCC memorized.

haha... that's not a cheap shot, just poking fun at the citizens out there who DO think you're supposed to have it memorized.

metallicat
Rookie Member

Postby metallicat » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:46 pm

Check your PMs TR. I can't even remember why I requested such a file or program, but I still have it on my PC.

Kieran Huggins
Site Admin

Postby Kieran Huggins » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:04 am

the wiki is back up.. sorry about that :-)

You can again download the [[Criminal Code of Canada]] directly from there.

NewbieMTL
Rookie Member

Criminal Code for PDA

Postby NewbieMTL » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:21 pm

Hi Folks,

Just to let you know Carswell has a new edition of The 2007 Annotated Tremeear's Criminal Code - Police Edition
This edition has a cd-rom which is the whole edition. Usually they are in pdf...so all you have to do is import it into your pda

Link provided for product description

http://www.carswell.com/description.asp?docid=4190

MEM-TEK
Rookie Member

Postby MEM-TEK » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:25 am

metallicat wrote:
jaymalo_eh wrote:What you can do is "make available offline" with Internet explorer. This will keep a copy of the website on your local computer and you can then tranfer it to your PDA, and just view via your PDA internet browser.

I tried that, but when I open it, it keeps telling me I have no internet connection, even after I made it available offline. I think you got it right, I just have to figure out how to make it work.

What you really need is a utility (there are several which are freeware) which can rip the contents of either part of or of an entire web site to a directory on your computer's hard drive. Then you merely need to copy that directory (and all subdirectories thereof) to you PDA. Some of these utilities can even be configured to NOT grab images and multimedia files. That way, all the utility will rip will be the text and of course all of the links within the web site.