A Call For A Little Revenge

NON Law Enforcement discussion. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want, just leave work out of it. Nobody likes a workaholic. Get a life ;-)

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

Morley
Publisher / Site Admin

A Call For A Little Revenge

Postby Morley » Tue May 01, 2018 3:53 pm

He was perhaps 19 or 20 years old. His youthful wrinkle-free face betrayed an attempt to look hardened and contemptuous. A police officer proudly standing beside him told me how he apprehended the young man carrying a stereo out the broken back door of a residence.

I was new to the detective office and somewhat green in the-day-to-day mysteries of interviewing techniques. The specialty field of detective carried with it a great deal of charisma, mystique and status and newbies were expected to appreciate this. Although I had many years on the force, detective methodologies were closely guarded by those in the know and only the eager were allowed a glimpse.

So here I was in my brand new suit, my partner gone… somewhere, and staring at a uniform that thought I should know what I was doing. The young thief looked around furtively wondering what was going to happen next. The officer told me the two accomplices running away drew his attention to the rear of the house, where he captured the slowest and most heavily loaded culprit.... :swords:

https://behindthebluelineweb.com/2018/0 ... e-revenge/
M. Lymburner, M.S.M