warm fun place to go

NON Law Enforcement discussion. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want, just leave work out of it. Nobody likes a workaholic. Get a life ;-)

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

Jorgy556
Rookie Member

Re: warm fun place to go

Postby Jorgy556 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:19 am

My brother and his wife just came back from Turks and Caicos. They said it is literally "Heaven On Earth" - way more peaceful than Mexico and Cuba, no harassing beach or street vendors, all very well spoken and polite. Their economy is 100% Tourism so they cannot afford to lose, well... Tourists. As for "fun" probably not tge place to go if you're an adventure type there's some deep sea fishing but other than that its more of a "lay back, relax and drink" type island.

A.T.R.
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby A.T.R. » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:31 am

Ferguson seems very warm right now.
If you do not have access to the private side please do not contact me. I do not give employment advice other than what is publicly posted.

FutureFiveO
Rookie Member

Postby FutureFiveO » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:41 am

I'd recommend Varadero. I just got back from Varadero and had a great time! the food at the resort was good, the price for the all-inclusive 7 day trip was a steal (especially for a 5 star resort),and the people are wonderful. they aren't pushy at all, they are very humble and take care of you! :) i've been to Cuba before, and I'm glad I went back. I intend on going back again :alright:

I like Puerto Vallarta, but I really like the Riviera Maya side of Mexico, a little ways south of Cancun. very calm, lush, beautiful beaches, lots to do (Xplor!, Tulum) and I didn't get hassled on the beach either. It'll definitely cost more than Varadero though.

The Dominican is one of the most beautiful places I've seen in the world, but I found the people and staff to be unpleasant and rude, or trying to rope you in on some shady deal and can be really pushy on the beach, so I don't think I'll be going back there anytime soon. gorgeous beaches though!
CPS Process
App submitted - 04/01/14
Written Testing - Complete
A-PREP - Complete
PDF Interview - Complete
Panel - Complete
Psych Eval - Complete
Polygraph - Complete
Background - Complete

A-PREP Re-cert- Complete
Selected for Class 211

danoman
Grand Poobah

Postby danoman » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:52 pm

I highly recommend Roatan, Honduras. The water is great with lots of fish to both see and catch, the food is amazing and the locals go out of their way to look after you.
For everything you need to know in life, watch the Lion King and read the Da Vinci Code.

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:44 pm

A.T.R. wrote:Ferguson seems very warm right now.
Too soon, too soon. :nono:

If anyone met Erin (formerly with Blue Line Magazine), she might know some really nice warm places!

She's sailing the seas in the land of warm places in her new role on the Love Boat... :thumbsup:
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

A.T.R.
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby A.T.R. » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:45 pm

Bring marshmellows.
If you do not have access to the private side please do not contact me. I do not give employment advice other than what is publicly posted.

IndictableChaser
Grand Poobah

Postby IndictableChaser » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:33 pm

A.T.R. wrote:Ferguson seems very warm right now.
Ever listen to k billy's super sounds of the 70s?

"...if every time, Snot Boogie stole the money, why’d you let him play?
... Got to. It’s America, man."

shootemup
Grand Poobah

Postby shootemup » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:16 pm

As a peace officer, I'd avoid Mexico. There are reasons that the government reccomends against traveling there. Plus, all the rats go to Mexico...ask one of the CBSA guys who clears Air Transat, Air Canada, and Westjet flights from Mexico about the amount of people coming back with outstanding warrants - a great way for them to end their vacation with their family or gf, haha.

I speak several languages but I only like to travel to places where I speak the local language, helps one stay that much safer.

I'd suggest former British colonies or commonwealth countries first, then Dutch possessions (like St. Maarten) or former Dutch colonies (although Indonesia is starting to heat up), other Eurpoean former colonies (except Africa), and last Spanish speaking countries (except for Spain), as they tend to be a little iffy.
Jackbooted Cig Enforcer

meathead1
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby meathead1 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:55 pm

I would avoid Indonesia at all costs.
When things get bad, I take comfort in knowing they could always be worse.
When things get worse, I take comfort in knowing they can only get better.

Bitterman
Poobah Overlord

Postby Bitterman » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:03 pm

Aruba or Barbados are my picks.
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.
Make counter accusations...

GoodWitness
Poobah Overlord

Postby GoodWitness » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:09 pm

Barbados or Turks and Caicos. Or Bermuda in the summer.

Ziggy Stardust
King Poobah

Postby Ziggy Stardust » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:39 pm

Some fairly inexpensive options:
Holguin, Cuba is very nice and relaxed. Beautiful beaches with no vendors or jet skis. I think that the food is better than the reputation. Very safe off the resort. It's one of my favorite places. If you do think about Mexico, Cozumel is off the mainland and safer, great fun to explore especially the east coast. Beach quality varies a lot depending on the resort. Roatan, West Bay, exceptional beach and usually very calm. Great restaurants. You can literally walk right off the beach a few hundred feet for world class snorkeling. You need to take some care if you like to get off the beaten trail.
"The true test of a man’s character is what he does when no one is watching." - John Wooden

danoman
Grand Poobah

Postby danoman » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:18 pm

Ziggy Stardust wrote:Roatan, West Bay, exceptional beach and usually very calm. Great restaurants. You can literally walk right off the beach a few hundred feet for world class snorkeling. You need to take some care if you like to get off the beaten trail.
End of September-early October is the best time of year to go because it's the slow season. Oh yeah...the rum is cheap and delicious!
For everything you need to know in life, watch the Lion King and read the Da Vinci Code.

SierraSeven
Poobah Overlord

Postby SierraSeven » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:40 pm

meathead1 wrote:I would avoid Indonesia at all costs.
Same, we had a tripped planned for there and Hong Kong and cancelled because of the risks.
While you are reading this, your enemy is training.

Stump

Postby Stump » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:04 pm

If you are a diver, Cozumel is the place to go.

Clear warm water, greats reefs, and lots to see underwater.

Lots of great operators on the island - Blue XT Sea, Aldora, Scuba Club, Blue Angel, etc.

Locals are friendly. My only complaint is all the hawkers that are trying to sell you something.
Had one who tried to sell me a hash pipe, then some hash, and finally his sister :x Told him
no thanks I wasn't interested.

I've been to Scuba Club Cozumel four times now, and am going back in March. Check out their
website at http://www.scubaclubcozumel.com

Stay safe !!

Stump