warm fun place to go

NON Law Enforcement discussion. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want, just leave work out of it. Nobody likes a workaholic. Get a life ;-)

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

Loadie
King Poobah

warm fun place to go

Postby Loadie » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:28 pm

Ok everyone........

We are looking for a warm, fun all inclusive place to go in the next few weeks. Suggestions are greatly appreciated. It will be me, the wife and two teenagers. :thumbsup:

mack_silent
King Poobah

Re: warm fun place to go

Postby mack_silent » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:22 pm

Cuba - it's cheap, safe, good sites to see, and nice beaches.
The one main downside is the food isn't quite 3 star at best.
KCCO. Wake up. Kick butt. Repeat.

GoodWitness
Poobah Overlord

Postby GoodWitness » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:31 pm

Iberostar Rose Hall, Montego Bay. Nice property, great beach, all-inclusive, fun entertainment, great staff. Don't waste your time going off-property to be badgered to buy shells and bracelets, just relax, eat lots of jerk chicken at the beach barbecue, drink lots of beer and rum, it's all good.
Was there two years ago with a 14 year old and a 17 year old. They both said they'd go back any time.

Lights
Grand Poobah

Postby Lights » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:45 pm

I went to the Grand Bahia Principe in Runaway Bay Jamaica. AMAZING JERK CHICKEN and its great for family. Amazing people that work there.
“No matter what happens, I simply refuse to lose. To me, it’s really that simple.

I approach anything thought to be difficult with an attitude of “I’ll do this or die trying.” U.S NAVY SEAL.

POLICE OFFICER

GoodWitness
Poobah Overlord

Postby GoodWitness » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:32 pm

I avoided Jamaica for many years, and now that I've gone once I would definitely go again. Super nice people. And although I grumbled about it above, we did venture off property to go ziplining, and to a "private beach" with a catered lunch, and on a short shopping trip to the Hip Strip in Mo Bay (would definitely not waste the time on that again). We bought junky souvenirs at inflated prices from local vendors - those people have next to nothing, I don't really miss the $5 for the woven bracelets or the $10 or the conch shell.

Loadie
King Poobah

Postby Loadie » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:14 pm

Were they all inclusive resorts? What did you pay?

Lights
Grand Poobah

Postby Lights » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:17 pm

Yes mine was a 5 star, I went around this time and paid $1150 for 7 days.
“No matter what happens, I simply refuse to lose. To me, it’s really that simple.

I approach anything thought to be difficult with an attitude of “I’ll do this or die trying.” U.S NAVY SEAL.

POLICE OFFICER

Loadie
King Poobah

Postby Loadie » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:37 pm

Lights wrote:Yes mine was a 5 star, I went around this time and paid $1150 for 7 days.
Right now it's $1984 per person, ouch!

mack_silent
King Poobah

Postby mack_silent » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:15 am

Cuba, all-inclusive is about 600-800$ per person to Veradero.

I went to Jamaica (Ocho Rios) a while back as part of a cruise and wasn't impressed with the locals/tour guides.
They were constantly hassling and trying to scam the tourists.
Locals hanging around Dunn's river falls would leave bracelets on the ground, yell out to tourists to pick them up, then demand money for doing so.
The tour guides also tell the tourists that they "have" to pay for a guided tour of the falls in a big tourist group. (Not true)

The driving in Ocho Rios is also unsafe. (1 lane each way, and motorists speeding / cutting into oncoming traffic around blind corners).
I wouldn't go back to Jamaica.
KCCO. Wake up. Kick butt. Repeat.

48highlander
Poobah Overlord

Postby 48highlander » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:20 am

Have you thought of Costa Rica? Never been (it's on the bucket list), but I read several times that it can less expensive than some of the more popular destinations, like Mexico, DR etc. They are really big on the Eco tourism thing too.

Sierra Tango22
Sage Member

Postby Sierra Tango22 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:09 am

Loadie wrote:Ok everyone........

We are looking for a warm, fun all inclusive place to go in the next few weeks. Suggestions are greatly appreciated. It will be me, the wife and two teenagers. :thumbsup:
Cabo San Lucas, lots of Canadians, perfectly safe and lots to do. Hotels are in Cabo , San Jose Del Cabo and in the resort corridor between both.
Good Deals and Good food. stay away from the Royal Solaris though.
Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

CBK
Veteran Member

Postby CBK » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:26 am

Sierra Tango22 wrote:

Cabo San Lucas, lots of Canadians, perfectly safe and lots to do. Hotels are in Cabo , San Jose Del Cabo and in the resort corridor between both.
Good Deals and Good food. stay away from the Royal Solaris though.
+1 for Cabo . . .. .. after you get past the BS at the airport anyway. (LOTS of people trying to get you to buy a timeshare. You have to be a bit of an ass and just keep demanding a taxi NO FREE RIDE THANK YOU!! )

IndictableChaser
Grand Poobah

Postby IndictableChaser » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:35 pm

Vancouver

:smirk:
Ever listen to k billy's super sounds of the 70s?

"...if every time, Snot Boogie stole the money, why’d you let him play?
... Got to. It’s America, man."

Loadie
King Poobah

Postby Loadie » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:48 pm

IndictableChaser wrote:

Vancouver

:smirk:
Been there done that one, lol

No 20 Year Medal
Poobah Overlord

Postby No 20 Year Medal » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:58 pm

48highlander wrote:Have you thought of Costa Rica?
+1 on Costa Rica. Haven't been there myself either but a guy at work has been several times and raves about it. I'm thinking that'll be my next destination.
POLICE CONSTABLE

My patch traders page: http://public.fotki.com/No20YearMedal/