Mayor Rob Ford pictured with Hells Angels

NON Law Enforcement discussion. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want, just leave work out of it. Nobody likes a workaholic. Get a life ;-)
meathead1
Poobah Overlord

Mayor Rob Ford pictured with Hells Angels

Postby meathead1 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:06 pm

TORONTO - Mayor Rob Ford was explaining Tuesday why he is in a photo with alleged members of the Hells Angels.

A photo of Ford with two Hells Angels members and a prospect at Sunday's Buffalo Bills game was posted on the Hells Angels Toronto website Monday. In a statement issued to the Sun Tuesday, the Hells Angels came out saying the "situation was innocent" and lauding the embattled mayor as "a mayor for all the people."

The photo includes captions that denote two men in the photo with Ford are members of the Westridge Alberta Hells Angels club and a third man is a prospect member of the Toronto club.

Ford was asked to explain the photo following the launch of the mayor's toy drive at City Hall on Tuesday.

"I don't even know what photo you're talking about," Ford said.

When told the photo was from the football game at the Rogers Centre where he was wearing a Buffalo Bills jersey, Ford shrugged it off.

"I took probably, and Jerry as my witness, probably close to 1,000 pictures before the game, during the game, at halftime, up in the box that they put me in, after the game," he said. "How am I supposed to know who's who?"

"I don't check for people's credentials and ask for resumes before I take a picture. I took pictures with every single person that wants to take a picture."

The mayor doubted he could stop the bikers from posting the photo on their website.

"If they put it up on the website, what can I do?" he asked. "I wasn't aware that I was taking a picture with a Hells Angel."

In a statement to the Sun, Donny Petersen of the Hells Angels Motorcycle Club Downtown Toronto acknowledged some members and a prospect had their picture taken with Ford at the football game.

"Our only comments are that for his various foibles and shortcomings, at least he is a mayor for all the people," Peterson stated. "He will talk to any citizen of Toronto because he is their mayor.

"Others treat us like the plague even though we are taxpayers, have families, and children in our school system. Others say we are a criminal organization when a jury of our peers declared that we are not."

Peterson went on to argue that "with the corruption that exists at all levels of government in various parts of the country, it is refreshing that he is not corrupt.

"With taxes going up all the time, he is the one politician that does not have his hand in our pockets," he stated. "The 'little guy' supports Mayor Ford because he will talk to them, not ignore them like the rest."

He recognized that "some in the media are trying to get us to hurt the mayor.

"He is quite capable of hurting or helping himself," Peterson said. "We are not trying to embarrass anyone nor extort, nor sell a picture. The situation was innocent and he was doing his job, meeting his constituents."

Ford has been under fire for months due to his ongoing crack cocaine scandal.

He has since admitted to smoking crack cocaine. That controversy has included a candid photo of Ford with three people including murder victim Anthony Smith and two other alleged Dixon Road Blood gang members.

It isn't the first time a Toronto mayor has had a run-in with the Hells Angels.

Back in 2002, then Mayor Mel Lastman drew criticism when he shook the hand of a Hells member.

Maybe he gets his crack from them?
When things get bad, I take comfort in knowing they could always be worse.
When things get worse, I take comfort in knowing they can only get better.

Stinger
Poobah Overlord

Re: Mayor Rob Ford pictured with Hells Angels

Postby Stinger » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:19 pm

meathead1 wrote:TMaybe he gets his crack from them?

Impossible. They only ride motorcycles silly.

meathead1
Poobah Overlord

Postby meathead1 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:08 pm

Of course. How ignorant of me.

48highlander
Rookie Member

Postby 48highlander » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:16 am

Meh, unless they are wearing their colours or something like that, it's not that easy to tell that they are HA. Donny Peterson and some associates used to be a regular at the bar my friend works at in Scarborough (Tara Inn). Met him once or twice, no idea who he or his friends were until my friend told me. They never rode their bikes to the bar, or wore colours.

meathead1
Poobah Overlord

Postby meathead1 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:39 am

the one guy has a MASSIVE winged death head hanging on a chain. I know I'd notice that.

48highlander
Rookie Member

Postby 48highlander » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:32 am

I saw the pics later. But keep in mind you are a cop, and are probably more aware of symbols used by the likes of the Hells Angels, Outlaws etc. I am willing to bet if you did a "Jay Leno, man on the street" and asked 100 people what the symbol was from, very few would give you the correct answer.

GoodWitness
Rookie Member

Postby GoodWitness » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:37 am

meathead1 wrote:the one guy has a MASSIVE winged death head hanging on a chain. I know I'd notice that.

Yeah but you probably wouldn't be half in the bag when you met them. And besides, he can't burn any bridges with his current connections getting locked up left and right.

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:36 am

meathead1 wrote:the one guy has a MASSIVE winged death head hanging on a chain. I know I'd notice that.

I thought the same thing when Ford was like "I can't know who everyone is that wants a picture with me" lol. I don't think the death head on that guys chain could have been more blatant or in your face.

Madeline236
Grand Poobah

Postby Madeline236 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:35 pm

Punisher-One wrote:

I don't think the death head on that guys chain could have been more blatant or in your face.

We're talking Rob Ford here, come on! lol

48highlander
Rookie Member

Postby 48highlander » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:00 am

Madeline236 wrote:
Punisher-One wrote:

I don't think the death head on that guys chain could have been more blatant or in your face.

We're talking Rob Ford here, come on! lol

I printed out a picture of the death head logo, and asked about 10 of the Americans I work with what it was. 1 person got it right. Like I was saying excluding people who have an LE background, if you walked around the ACC and asked people to identify that symbol, the majority wouldn't have a clue.

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:19 am

Whistler22
Seasoned Member

Postby Whistler22 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:14 pm

Of all the things Rob Ford has done, this photo is probably the last thing that really matters. The guy takes 100s of photos a day with anyone that asks. I doubt he runs CPIC on them first.

greasespot
Sage Member

Postby greasespot » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:33 pm

This is a non event. If they were in full colors then yeah there would be more.
I doubt he even know who these guys are let alone what the logo on the chain is.
GS

*if he was posing for a photo op at the club house while buying crack then that would also be an issue.
**** Police Constable ****