Hobbies!

NON Law Enforcement discussion. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want, just leave work out of it. Nobody likes a workaholic. Get a life ;-)

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

Bitterman
Poobah Overlord

Re: Hobbies!

Postby Bitterman » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:24 am

Shooting... All the fucking time.
If in not actually shooting I'm either working on guns, making ammo, registering for competitions, organizing competitions, training for competitions, traveling to/from competitions or thinking... Man I gotta cut down on these competitions.

'Been all over the USA to compete in many different types of competitions... Everything from PPC to police sniper matches to my fav... 3-gun.

Second love... Motorcycling... I ride a suzuki 1250GFXS "Sport Tourer"
If I could manage to combine a bike trip and a US 3-gun match that would be great... Too much gear though.. Bike only gets ridden to pistol matches..LOL

I also like to blow the brains out of groundhogs... 'Sort of an extension if the whole shooting thing I guess...

Then there's sleep... I love sleeping... 'Hate having to get up in the middle of the night to pee though...
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.
Make counter accusations...

GoodWitness
Poobah Overlord

Postby GoodWitness » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:33 pm

Bitterman wrote:Hate having to get up in the middle of the night to pee though...
Maybe it's time for some Depends.

Just a suggestion.

Bitterman
Poobah Overlord

Postby Bitterman » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:43 pm

GoodWitness wrote:
Bitterman wrote:Hate having to get up in the middle of the night to pee though...

Just a suggestion.

I'm thinking... A length of hose and a large pickle jar.
I mean... In not incontinant, I just don't like getting out of bed just to go whizz..
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.

Mr. Islander
Grand Poobah

Postby Mr. Islander » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:55 pm

Last edited by Mr. Islander on Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stump

Postby Stump » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:16 pm

My most passionate hobby is scuba diving. Been diving for a long time time (over 30 years) and just love it. :) Been to Cozumel, Mexico 3 times for some warm water diving, but most of my diving has been "cold water". Love diving so much that I live beside the ocean :mrgreen:

Tied for most passionate is being a volunteer fire fighter. Have been a volunteer going on 22 years. Always something to learn, great training, and big expensive toys to play with :alright:

I also enjoy camping and hiking. Used to do a lot of hunting and shooting when I was posted in Alberta, but not it seems I only shoot my rifles at the range. The deer on the island here are so small that we refer to them as "rats with racks" :(

Stump

Shawshank
Poobah Overlord

Postby Shawshank » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:33 am

Training strongman. Fucking love that shit, not all the pain in brings. Which leads to the hobby of learning prehab and rehab.

Other than that, video games, reading and naps.
K division.

Shawshank
Poobah Overlord

Postby Shawshank » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:34 am

Bitterman wrote:
GoodWitness wrote:

Just a suggestion.

I'm thinking... A length of hose and a large pickle jar.
I mean... In not incontinant, I just don't like getting out of bed just to go whizz..
Hmmm...do you have any more ideas that you could share with us. I am intrigued by your ideas, I wish to subscribe to your news letter.
K division.

basketcase
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby basketcase » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:03 am

TwistedRail wrote:No kidding. If history repeats itself and I do actually end up on a railway police service, I imagine that hobby will probably start collecting dust again (as it did when I worked in the running trades). It's quite the collection. A lot of time and money invested in it. At the same time, it's a bit of an escapist hobby. I can blot out the bad and only see the good.

I was actually nervous to mention that hobby, lest I be skewered (and screwed).
Post some pics! I have a bunch of HO stuff sitting in boxes and no room to set it up right now. That'll change though. Guitar, golf, hockey, softball, workouts, Discovery HD (I honestly wish this was the only channel I had), aviation (still at 35.6 hours...I'd better finish this pilot's license thing so I can fly more), photography and I have designed websites in the past too.
OFFICER OF THE LAW

TwistedRail
Rookie Member

Postby TwistedRail » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:40 pm

basketcase wrote: Post some pics! I have a bunch of HO stuff sitting in boxes and no room to set it up right now. That'll change though. Guitar, golf, hockey, softball, workouts, Discovery HD (I honestly wish this was the only channel I had), aviation (still at 35.6 hours...I'd better finish this pilot's license thing so I can fly more), photography and I have designed websites in the past too.
I fly too. Commercial license and just shy of 300 hours. Some multi-engine IFR time and just about 60 hours on floats I accumulated last summer moonlighting for a guy here in town. I wasn't able to keep that commitment this summer and I'm sure you know it is expensive to do it as a hobby! I also work on a tourist train in Port Alberni from time to time - sharing my skills as a railroader with the students of the BCIT Railway Conductor program.

As for pics of the model trains, I had a blog about it until recently. I removed it because I didn't find it interesting. This is a public link to the album on my Facebook (which is set to be decommissioned by the end of the month) - then hope they don't scare off CPPS. I like trains. It's part of why I want to work there (again).

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... cf2c1bf6da

Edit: link added
Former CP and CN Conductor, attempting to join the railway police services.

NatoBro
Sage Member

Postby NatoBro » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:52 am

Playing in a pipe band is my #1 hobby. Been at it on and off for almost 20 years. Plus researching history on various things, reading, computers, video games among other things.
"Dis asswhoop'n aint fake."

recceguy
King Poobah

Postby recceguy » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:20 pm

I play hockey, watch hockey, and in the summer play NHL 13.

Other than that spending time with my wife and kids
"If you make a mistake live with it......your parents did"
-An unnamed Sgt. Major

MS
Veteran Member

Postby MS » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:47 am

I hunt stuff and fish stuff.... And hang out with the family!

Bitterman
Poobah Overlord

Postby Bitterman » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:18 pm

NatoBro wrote:Playing in a pipe band is my #1 hobby. .
Why are pipers always moving...?

To get away from that gawd awful noise...!

Baddabump
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.

NatoBro
Sage Member

Postby NatoBro » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:03 pm

Bitterman wrote:
NatoBro wrote:Playing in a pipe band is my #1 hobby. .
Why are pipers always moving...?

To get away from that gawd awful noise...!

Baddabump
Please don't quit your day job! :P

:D
"Dis asswhoop'n aint fake."

Whitebrown
Grand Poobah

Postby Whitebrown » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:13 pm

I really need to start playing my guitar again. Doubt I'll get back into a band but I can hook my MP3 player into my amp and jam to songs. Hoping to do more snowboarding this year too.