Hobbies!

NON Law Enforcement discussion. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want, just leave work out of it. Nobody likes a workaholic. Get a life ;-)

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

Code44
Seasoned Member

Hobbies!

Postby Code44 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:24 pm

What do you love doing outside of anything work related? (hiking, 4x4'n, music, hunting, sledding, etc) list them here! good way to meet in a different common interest :drinking:
:wave:

Queen's Cowboy
Veteran Member

Re: Hobbies!

Postby Queen's Cowboy » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:09 pm

Drag racing ( and no, not running up and down the street in a dress ).
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read it in English, thank a soldier.

stoneagegixer
Rookie Member

Postby stoneagegixer » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:00 pm

I was going to start a topic on this too when I saw yours. Motorcycle riding; in particular, taking it on the track and going nuts. :-)
I used to do world war two reenacting and collecting. But, with kids sports costing me about 300 a month, my collecting days are over.
Anyone out there play soccer? I went to the Law enforcement soccer tourny here in Ontario about 5 times. The usual participants were Peel Pol, CBSA, RCMP, Hamilton WDC, Maplehurst, Toronto WEst DC. sry if I'm forgetting some....

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:53 pm

Volunteering... is that a hobby? :ponder:

I've been doing that since I turned 18, starting out as a Volunteer Firefighter in Vaughan (Kleinburg Station 4 at the time)... then moving to Brampton I joined Castlemore Station 19... moving out of the Volunteer coverage area into Brampton its self, I joined Respond back in 1995! I've cut back a bit on Volunteering now that I've found myself a social life, so now I go camping and hiking now and then, lots of walking and the occasional bike ride on Toronto Island.

At one time I use to collect Emergency Services Patches, I got out of that when I left the Fire Department...
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

Code44
Seasoned Member

Postby Code44 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:45 am

Volunteer could be I suppose. I love jeeps and off roading, great way to spend days off. And a great way to go broke :mrgreen:
:wave:

andy_05
Rookie Member

Postby andy_05 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:13 pm

Respond Wayne wrote:Volunteering... is that a hobby? :ponder:

I've been doing that since I turned 18, starting out as a Volunteer Firefighter in Vaughan (Kleinburg Station 4 at the time)... then moving to Brampton I joined Castlemore Station 19... moving out of the Volunteer coverage area into Brampton its self, I joined Respond back in 1995! I've cut back a bit on Volunteering now that I've found myself a social life, so now I go camping and hiking now and then, lots of walking and the occasional bike ride on Toronto Island.

At one time I use to collect Emergency Services Patches, I got out of that when I left the Fire Department...
Yes volunteer firefighting was allot of fun,and very rewarding. Did that for three years till I moved to the big city. Missing it allot. Favorite hobby is hockey. I have been playing since I was four years old.
Troop 1 :)

Toonces
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby Toonces » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:57 am

Bedazzling. My house and possessions are fabulous.
I will NOT respond to PMs from those not belonging to the private side.

Molson
Veteran Member

Postby Molson » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:41 am

I used to do quite a bit of competition BBQ cooking, Ontario, New York, Tennessee etc. Haven't done much as of late, we are really into boating on our days off and that takes most of our free time. Nice to get away for a couple days out on georgian bay.

mack_silent
King Poobah

Postby mack_silent » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:45 am

Haha @ Toonces, sounds won-der-ful !

I do home renovations (custom kitchen work/carpentry, minor plumbing/electrical, landscaping/yard maintenance), minor auto mechanics, play guitar, rock climbing, media design (websites/print/training presentations), watch historical documentaries (stonehenge, antikythera device, etc), bbq/cooking, fitness (bike/jog/swim), and research topics I want to learn about.
KCCO. Wake up. Kick butt. Repeat.

devilwoman
Poobah Overlord

Postby devilwoman » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:53 am

Snowboarding, mountain biking (including downhill), fitness (avid Kettlebeller, follower of Crossfit principles), cruising with my Challenger peeps (including odd trip to the track), learning new recipes, owning/running a Special Constable website.
"Don't let someone get comfortable disrespecting you."

stoneagegixer
Rookie Member

Postby stoneagegixer » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:33 pm

Quite a mix of people and interests. Bbq competitions....wow. that's different. So is the end of the year party bbq at ur house? :-)
I like chill periods to tune the world out too....but most of the time I rather look for a adrenaline fix. Never tried downhill mountain biking. ...hmmm.sounds good too. How do you get up the hill though?

devilwoman
Poobah Overlord

Postby devilwoman » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:26 pm

You put in on a ski lift.

TwistedRail
Rookie Member

Postby TwistedRail » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:41 pm

Guitar, tending to the finches (we have three) and model trains (shocker, I know)...
Former CP and CN Conductor, attempting to join the railway police services.

devilwoman
Poobah Overlord

Postby devilwoman » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:08 am

and model trains (shocker, I know)...
Talk about bringing your work home.....

TwistedRail
Rookie Member

Postby TwistedRail » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:44 pm

No kidding. If history repeats itself and I do actually end up on a railway police service, I imagine that hobby will probably start collecting dust again (as it did when I worked in the running trades). It's quite the collection. A lot of time and money invested in it. At the same time, it's a bit of an escapist hobby. I can blot out the bad and only see the good.

I was actually nervous to mention that hobby, lest I be skewered (and screwed).
Former CP and CN Conductor, attempting to join the railway police services.