Dad Shoots Daughters Laptop on Youtube after she posts Rant

NON Law Enforcement discussion. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want, just leave work out of it. Nobody likes a workaholic. Get a life ;-)
Tommy
Veteran Member

Dad Shoots Daughters Laptop on Youtube after she posts Rant

Postby Tommy » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:58 pm

Link to the Story: http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20 ... ok-12-210/

Link to the Video: http://youtu.be/kl1ujzRidmU

Personally I dont have kids... So I dont know, how I would I feel, or what I would do....

But, I dont feel bad for her, or her laptop... This may be the exact opposite end of the Spectrum of parenting from that kid who wrote the ransom note to Santa, but at least this Dad, gives enough of a crap about her daughter to do something about this rather then let it go...

You guys deal with family issues on a daily to near daily basis... I'm curious to know what your take on it is... or not... I just thought it was an interesting video if nothing else.

*Edit for grammar clean-up*
Last edited by Tommy on Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Courage is fear holding on a minute longer." - General George S. Patton

recceguy
Seasoned Member

Re: Dad Shoots Daughters Laptop on Youtube after she posts R

Postby recceguy » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:00 pm

Due to Canadian laws I wouldn't be pumping 10 rounds into it in my backyard...but in a few years when my daughter is that age.....if she pulls a stunt like that her laptop will be going bye bye as well.

I very much respect that father for making an example out of her.
"If you make a mistake live with it......your parents did"
-An unnamed Sgt. Major

Toonces
King Poobah

Postby Toonces » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:02 pm

I applaud dad. I have a stepdaughter the same age. Same issues and I have fantasies about destroying her laptop. But I'm just the stepmom... Needless to say, I gave that dad a standing ovation, slow clap style, while I wiped a prideful year from my eye.
I will NOT respond to PMs from those not belonging to the private side.

NatoBro
Veteran Member

Postby NatoBro » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:47 pm

Saw it and shared on Facebook this morning. My take on it? Dad = :thumbsup:

My kids have never spoken to me like that, and I wouldn't take it lying down either.
"Dis asswhoop'n aint fake."

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:23 pm

FTMFW! :thumbsup:

Apollo
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Apollo » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:13 pm

That's fantastic. Exactly how it should be.

Maybe if we had more of that kind of parenting our sociaty would be a little better.

Shawshank

Postby Shawshank » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:28 pm

Holy shit, someone who still parents. I thought that was a dead art. I would like to shake this man's hand. He realizes that he is to be a parent, not a friend to the child.

Favorite part - telling the daughter she is going to pay for the rounds he used.
K division.

mack_silent
Rookie Member

Postby mack_silent » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:13 am

Last edited by mack_silent on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KCCO. Wake up. Kick butt. Repeat.

Snowman
Rookie Member

Postby Snowman » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:43 am

Toonces wrote:I applaud dad. I have a stepdaughter the same age. Same issues and I have fantasies about destroying her laptop. But I'm just the stepmom... Needless to say, I gave that dad a standing ovation, slow clap style, while I wiped a prideful year from my eye.

Oh man, do I ever think his message & points were right on ! It's all history now, but the battles I had with my girls over the computer and lack of help around the house .6 hours of my time minimum every time they crashed it & had to rebuild/reload. Said it before, all kids should have to do at least one summer working on a farm to appreciate just how easy their life really is.
Love it, your only responsibility is to get yourself on the bus in the morning,, YUUUP !
Beer Me !

devilwoman
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby devilwoman » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:34 am

Due to Canadian laws I wouldn't be pumping 10 rounds into it in my backyard...but in a few years when my daughter is that age.....if she pulls a stunt like that her laptop will be going bye bye as well.

I'd just put it under my 31 inch BF Goodrich's and roll right over it. Then make her clean up the mess. :evil:
"Don't let someone get comfortable disrespecting you."

Snowman
Rookie Member

Postby Snowman » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:16 pm

devilwoman wrote:

I'd just put it under my 31 inch BF Goodrich's and roll right over it. Then make her clean up the mess. :evil:

Exactly what I was thinking, this is me driving over your laptop. :mrgreen: Much safer version of the same point, then over course, you could back up & repeat as many times as you wish for extra clarity. :smirk:
Beer Me !

golfdude
Veteran Member

Postby golfdude » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:27 pm

Or how about just give the laptop away to a charity instead of needlessly destroying it. Kids behaviour was inappropriate but the father is acting like just as much of a tool making such a spectacle and embarrassing her in front of millions of people.

MC07
Rookie Member

Postby MC07 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:50 pm

golfdude wrote:Or how about just give the laptop away to a charity instead of needlessly destroying it. Kids behaviour was inappropriate but the father is acting like just as much of a tool making such a spectacle and embarrassing her in front of millions of people.

That is what I was thinking, making her give it away and helping someone would teach her a better lesson than being trigger happy.

facetha
Rookie Member

Postby facetha » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:58 pm

MC07 wrote:
golfdude wrote:Or how about just give the laptop away to a charity instead of needlessly destroying it. Kids behaviour was inappropriate but the father is acting like just as much of a tool making such a spectacle and embarrassing her in front of millions of people.

That is what I was thinking, making her give it away and helping someone would teach her a better lesson than being trigger happy.

Yup,
Disciplining children happens behind closed doors. No need to embarrass her like that.

Comparatively, your supervisor might discipline you for something in front of the rest of your co-workers and make it needlessly public. Its no one else's business really.