Local intel req'd

NON Law Enforcement discussion. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want, just leave work out of it. Nobody likes a workaholic. Get a life ;-)
Minimum Wage Warrior
Lord of the Poobahs

Re: Local intel req'd

Postby Minimum Wage Warrior » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:15 pm

Outside of alarm response, what other calls are there that a "private police officer" would even be able to entertain? A call might be low priority because the offence has already occurred and now requires investigation, but it still requires a police officer to investigate it.

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:30 pm

Back in my Intelligarde days I was the new "roving mobile patrol" guy who went all over the place, no specific district... Along with alarm response and regular building checks, I attended calls for trespassers and noise complaints at the Co-Op properties that they took care of... Maybe those are the low priority calls he's referring to, but it's still pretty sketchy.

Now it wasn't that a tenant would call the Police and they would be told to call Intelligarde, the tenants knew to call Intelligarde for such minor issues... I didn't deal with that many, but the ones I did deal with complied, I seemed to have a way with people... and no, I never had to use my baton on anyone!
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:32 pm

GoodWitness wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is the work of one peculiar individual with a vivid imagination. Kind of a "build it and they will come" sort of thing.

More like, "If I can dream it, I can pleasure myself to it - I sure hope others do, to!"

Twisted, not stirred - maybe somewhat shaken.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad (*), Father-In-Law, & Grampa (*+2)

Pierre-Marc Larocque

Postby Pierre-Marc Larocque » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:03 pm

Shaken? I think the guy rides the paint store shaker on all days which end in Y!

As I've said before, I'm seriously hoping that this is just he figment of some guy's imagination, and not another "agency" that's invented a mandate for itself as Canada's "premier bounty hunting service". The last thing we need is someone who thinks that, because he saw some guy do it on TV, that he can go out and do it too.

Needless to say, a few phone calls were made after finding this guy on the web...

PM
"I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." - Fred A. Allen

"To create rules is the will of many; to enforce them is the duty of few" - Me

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:06 am

Pierre-Marc Larocque wrote:Shaken? I think the guy rides the paint store shaker on all days which end in Y! PM

Sorry, I just realized my retired-to-working translator needed to be slapped and turned up-side down to get it functioning properly; that was meant to describe me, not the FMS guy, who may be more along the lines of the "cop" from "The Village People" ("Y M C A" is now stuck in everybody's head now, isn't it?)

Pierre-Marc Larocque

Postby Pierre-Marc Larocque » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:25 am

Young man! there's a place you can go, I said ...

"I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." - Fred A. Allen

ASGPS Sheriff
Rookie Member

Postby ASGPS Sheriff » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:44 pm

Maybe this is the perfect job for Munlaw? They probably even give out badges and handcuffs. :thumbsup:

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:48 pm

ASGPS Sheriff wrote:Maybe this is the perfect job for Munlaw? They probably even give out badges and handcuffs. :thumbsup:

Have you been told yet today?!

ASGPS Sheriff
Rookie Member

Postby ASGPS Sheriff » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:14 am

Pete Broccolo wrote:
ASGPS Sheriff wrote:Maybe this is the perfect job for Munlaw? They probably even give out badges and handcuffs. :thumbsup:

Told what?!

Rob
Grand Poobah

Postby Rob » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:00 pm

ASGPS Sheriff wrote:
Pete Broccolo wrote:

Told what?!

You know...
'You sleep well in your bed at night only because a few rough men are willing to do violent things on your behalf"
George Orwell.

"Some times upholding the law is messy, but you get by, one day at a time"
Eric Cartman

Semper ubi sub ubi

Pierre-Marc Larocque

Postby Pierre-Marc Larocque » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:26 pm

I had the same feeling that munlaw was maybe behind/involved/consulting on this project, but then...

...There's no mention of a Federal Marshal Service, North Gȕglědĭƥlerk Elephant Testicle Inspection Corps (Which ironically, have changed over to fuschia/brown lightbars since 2009).

PM

MisterMatt
Rookie Member

Postby MisterMatt » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:21 am

It also appears okay to be slightly buzzed while on-duty:

A positive return of alcohol, if under the legal limit while on duty, will result in a written warning and in you being replaced for your shift. It shall also result in a suspension for no less than 3 days.
If it is OVER the legal limit, while on duty, IT WILL RESULT IN AN AUTOMATIC DISMISSAL.

After three (3) written warnings for any breach of conduct it will be cause for dismissal

:mrgreen: :drinking:
The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination.