German Shepherds?

NON Law Enforcement discussion. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want, just leave work out of it. Nobody likes a workaholic. Get a life ;-)
TPS
Rookie Member

Re: German Shepherds?

Postby TPS » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:29 pm

opp2 wrote:She's trying to get into your bed. Just like kids, they've been sleeping with their pack for the first few weeks, now suddenly, they are alone, on their own....she's a pack animal...you need to invite her into your pack...(just not your bed).

Cause im home she is always with me and the kids. So being alone in the crate is when she freaks out. We have been trying to crate her here and there thoughout the day to get her used to it. hubby also wakes her up when he comes in at ask different times. So it makes it harder. Our breeder also told us to not wake up and take her out. Put her to bed than when we wake up take her out. She said within a week she will learn to not go at night.

TPS
Rookie Member

Postby TPS » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:31 pm

IrishCanadian wrote:I'm sure she's getting plenty of love and attention.

The crazy puppy happiness and energy will reappear soon enough, just a little separation anxiety.

Yeah she does. The kids alone tire her out. She takes about a four hr nap everyday, which I'm loving.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."
Bertrand Russell
Carpe Diem Quam Minimum Credula Postero

goaliegibson

Postby goaliegibson » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:59 am

Just got a beautiful German Shepherd puppy from a great breeder in Caledonia (PM if you're looking). She's a long hair. Been here for 2 weeks and just a wonderful dog. Lots of engery but super smart. Been killing it at puppy class as well. I luckily had vacation days planned for this time so I've been home with her pretty much the whole time. Been great for training.

devilwoman
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby devilwoman » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:36 am

Oh my......what an adorable Shep. I grew up with them and wish I could have another but with both of us on shift work I don't believe it would be fair to them. Awesome dogs.
"Don't let someone get comfortable disrespecting you."

TPS
Rookie Member

Postby TPS » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:12 pm

goaliegibson wrote:Just got a beautiful German Shepherd puppy from a great breeder in Caledonia (PM if you're looking). She's a long hair. Been here for 2 weeks and just a wonderful dog. Lots of engery but super smart. Been killing it at puppy class as well. I luckily had vacation days planned for this time so I've been home with her pretty much the whole time. Been great for training.

Did you get the pm? Wondering if it's the same one.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."
Bertrand Russell

TPS
Rookie Member

Postby TPS » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:14 pm

She's now 11 1/2 weeks and do they ever grow fast!

Bertrand Russell

devilwoman
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby devilwoman » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:27 pm

She's got very intelligent eyes...if that makes sense. The head tilt is awesome too. :D
"Don't let someone get comfortable disrespecting you."

Haweater
Seasoned Member

Postby Haweater » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:34 pm

devilwoman wrote:She's got very intelligent eyes...if that makes sense. The head tilt is awesome too. :D

My old sheppard had intelligent eyes too. It means, go ahead, leave the chicken breats on the counter to thaw out, I'll keep an eye on them for ya.

TPS
Rookie Member

Postby TPS » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:18 pm

Haweater wrote:
devilwoman wrote:She's got very intelligent eyes...if that makes sense. The head tilt is awesome too. :D

My old sheppard had intelligent eyes too. It means, go ahead, leave the chicken breats on the counter to thaw out, I'll keep an eye on them for ya.

Lol shes already figured out how to tip the garbage can to get scraps! Damn dog
Bertrand Russell

wonka1990
Veteran Member

Postby wonka1990 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:30 am

I wish I could upload pictures of my shepherd. He is an incredible dog. He is very intelligent and has learnt everything very quickly! He is almost 7 months old now and I can't believe how fast time is going by! Lemme know how to upload pictures and I will get right on that!
Opinions are my own and are not to reflect any views of my agency.

Shawshank

Postby Shawshank » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:01 am

Get a photobucket account. Upload the pictures you want. Take the link photobucket gives you. Is the Image tag to put it in. If you look just about the reply box, you will see IMG. Use that for the proper coding.
K division.