I Have a Better Chance of Surviving a Car Crash Than You!

NON Law Enforcement discussion. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want, just leave work out of it. Nobody likes a workaholic. Get a life ;-)

User avatar
Columbo
Seasoned Member
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:38 pm
Location: Barney's Beanery
Contact:

Re: I Have a Better Chance of Surviving a Car Crash Than You!

Postby Columbo » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:31 pm

I still haven't figured out if you're actually as fat as you say you are, or if this is all an inside joke for the P.O.'s on this forum wherein you're really a paragon of physical perfection.
"One more thing..."

TPS
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:03 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: I Have a Better Chance of Surviving a Car Crash Than You!

Postby TPS » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:46 am

Columbo wrote:I still haven't figured out if you're actually as fat as you say you are, or if this is all an inside joke for the P.O.'s on this forum wherein you're really a paragon of physical perfection.


I think he`s a big buff muscle man, trying to trick us all :D
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."
Bertrand Russell
Carpe Diem Quam Minimum Credula Postero

User avatar
Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator
Posts: 377
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:57 pm
Location: GTR
Contact:

Re: I Have a Better Chance of Surviving a Car Crash Than You!

Postby Respond Wayne » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:53 am

I've taken it up the rear so many times I've lost track, and I'm just fine...

People just love tapping my rear... :dubious:









Image
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<


***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

km
Rookie Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2002 1:01 am
Location: BC
Contact:

Re: I Have a Better Chance of Surviving a Car Crash Than You!

Postby km » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:38 pm

Respond Wayne wrote:I've taken it up the rear so many times I've lost track, and I'm just fine...


Extremely disturbing...


User avatar
Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator
Posts: 377
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:57 pm
Location: GTR
Contact:

Re: I Have a Better Chance of Surviving a Car Crash Than You!

Postby Respond Wayne » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:13 pm

What? I included a picture... :angel:
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<


***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

User avatar
SD_SC1
Rookie Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:57 pm

Re: I Have a Better Chance of Surviving a Car Crash Than You!

Postby SD_SC1 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:59 pm

I question the effectiveness of seatbelts on obese people. I've seen people who can't wear a seatbelt properly because their fat gets in the way. If you can't adjust your seat properly to the point where you're practically laying down while you drive, and lapbelt is across your fupa, instead of your hip bones, if the crash doesn't kill you, the seatbelt is going to eff you up.
Sed libera nos a malo.

User avatar
gotchya
Rookie Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:37 pm
Location: 10-20
Contact:

Re: I Have a Better Chance of Surviving a Car Crash Than You!

Postby gotchya » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:07 am

Really?...sigh
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage

User avatar
SD_SC1
Rookie Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:57 pm

Re: I Have a Better Chance of Surviving a Car Crash Than You!

Postby SD_SC1 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:28 am

argyll wrote:
SD_SC1 wrote:I question the effectiveness of seatbelts on obese people. I've seen people who can't wear a seatbelt properly because their fat gets in the way. If you can't adjust your seat properly to the point where you're practically laying down while you drive, and lapbelt is across your fupa, instead of your hip bones, if the crash doesn't kill you, the seatbelt is going to eff you up.


Overweight men have a better chance of surviving a crash, but only if they're wearing a safety belt, according to the University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute.

In a new study in the current issue of the journal Traffic Injury Prevention, UMTRI researchers Michael Sivak, Brandon Schoettle and Jonathan Rupp found that belted male drivers who are obese (those with a Body Mass Index between 35 and 50) have a 22 percent lower probability of being killed if involved in a fatal crash than belted male drivers who are underweight (those with a BMI between 15 and 18.4).



I think I'll believe the Research Institute


I'm not entirely convinced. Seatbelts can only hold so much weight, so who's to say the seatbelt will stay fastened in the event of a collision or rollover?
Sed libera nos a malo.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot and 1 guest