Liberals will move to topple Harper government

NON Law Enforcement discussion. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want, just leave work out of it. Nobody likes a workaholic. Get a life ;-)
parks department dave
Rookie Member

Re: Liberals will move to topple Harper government

Postby parks department dave » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:11 pm

Michael Ignatieff needs to get the sand out of his vagina , we have more important things to worry about right now, like our economy , and if he thinks the deficit is bad now, does he think its suddenly going to get better when he lets everyone and they're !@#'en brother collect E.I ?

Alberta Blue
Sage Member

Postby Alberta Blue » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:37 pm

parks department dave wrote:Michael Ignatieff needs to get the sand out of his vagina , we have more important things to worry about right now, like our economy , and if he thinks the deficit is bad now, does he think its suddenly going to get better when he lets everyone and they're !@#'en brother collect E.I ?

I laughed out loud today when he said a liberal government would increase unemployment benefits and eliminate in the deficit. Ya, all in the same sentence. :ponder:

remote
Rookie Member

Postby remote » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:04 pm

Iggy proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that he's a buffoon.
Go back to Harvard, Iggy - there you will be in good company with other buffoons....like Henry Louis Gates, Jr.

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:12 pm

What an absolute idiot.
So you get angry because Harper wanted to wait and see before handing out a stimulus package...you threaten to topple the government so Harper hands out a HUGE stimulus package....now your angry there is a deficit? Where did you think the money was coming from you turd.
This guy is an idiot and is about as Canadian as my lead-filled model car sitting on my desk.

bips
Rookie Member

Postby bips » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:09 am

I hope he never gets elected and gets booted if he loses the election. Last thing this country needs is some hybrid Brit-American claiming to be a true Canadian sitting in the Prime Minister's Office. Liberals must really be running out of good leaders. Yet, there will be people who will vote for him. :crazy:
"The Sea Was Angry That Day, My Friends, like an Old Man Trying to send Back Soup in a Deli." George Costanza

gotchya
Rookie Member

Postby gotchya » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:48 am

bips wrote:Liberals must really be running out of good leaders.

Don't worry it's the Liberals, at the rate they're going everyone is going to get a chance to be leader. The Liberals have become complacent in that they believe they are Canada's natural governing party.

As for Iggy, I'm just glad he moved here, I couldn't fathom having a Prime Minister who doesn't live in Canada, but I suppose weirder things have happened.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage

Jim Street
King Poobah

Postby Jim Street » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:48 am

He looks like the Grinch.
Opinions posted are my own sole opinion not reflective of any views/thoughts of agency. Answers may or may not be truthful, As if you couldn't tell.

Paul R
Seasoned Member

Postby Paul R » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:04 am

Jim Street wrote:He looks like the Grinch.
I agree he does but I found this a pretty good comparision too.
"I'd rather have the gear and not need it, than need the gear and not have it."

TheWeazel
Rookie Member

Postby TheWeazel » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:27 pm

How is no one in the media not calling B.S. on the Liberal party? Dole out stimulus dollars, increase EI availability, but not raise taxes and somehow eliminate the deficit? Sounds like more Liberal Red Book promises. Anyone remember those ones; how they were going to get rid of the GST? Stephane Dion was minister for the environment when GHG went up in Canada. The only thing that @$$clown did for Kyoto was name his dog. They're all hypocritical douche bags, every last card-carrying, Liberal sack of $#!T.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!

th
Veteran Member

Postby th » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:10 pm

CocoTheWeazel wrote:How is no one in the media not calling B.S. on the Liberal party?

They are.

Globe and Mail Editorial

Liberals have some explaining to do

Ignatieff must tell Canadians how and why tomorrow would look different under his leadership. Marginal changes to EI will not likely suffice

Even as he announced his desire to bring down the government and force an election this fall, Michael Ignatieff helped demonstrate the degree to which he is grasping for reasons to do so.

On Tuesday, as the Liberal Leader enumerated the reasons the Conservatives should lose power, he cited their failure to "open up new markets for Canadian exports" and touted his own plans to visit one of those markets. "Stephen Harper has been prime minister for four years, and he's never visited China," he said. "We'll be there next week." But by the following morning, Mr. Ignatieff's trip to China had been cancelled so he could remain in Canada to see how the "political situation develops."

That situation is almost entirely of Mr. Ignatieff's making. There is neither a pressing public desire nor a compelling need for an election. Last winter, it might have been argued that the Conservatives had lost the trust of Parliament by playing partisan games after the 2008 election, rather than focusing on the economic challenges brought on by the recession. Since that time, the government and the Official Opposition have had few substantive differences over the direction of the country. The Conservatives are implementing a stimulus plan that, whatever its merits, is effectively the product of that consensus. They have even begun to share Mr. Ignatieff's interest in China, with ministerial visits as a prelude to a rumoured trip by the Prime Minister.

A fall campaign would distract the government from continuing to develop economic policies at a time when there are signs of only a fragile recovery. But because Mr. Ignatieff is afraid of being labelled weak, particularly after last spring's abandoned threat to bring down the government over employment insurance, he is prepared to force one anyway.

Having gone this far - Mr. Ignatieff reiterated yesterday that he is not prepared to negotiate with the Conservatives - the Liberals can hardly back down now without becoming a laughingstock. Nor can they count on either of the other opposition parties to find enough common ground with the government to prop it up. As a result, an election this fall seems increasingly likely, and the onus will be on the Liberals to justify it. If they fail to make the case, as Mr. Ignatieff has this week, they will have little hope of a different election result than last time.

Mr. Ignatieff has attempted to carve out a broad theme, suggesting that the "ballot question" will be "Who is best placed to lead Canada into the economy of tomorrow?" He must explain how and why tomorrow would look much different under the Liberals than under the Conservatives. Marginal changes to EI, or the occasional abortive trip to China, will not likely suffice.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/opinions/editorials/liberals-have-some-explaining-to-do/article1274043/
:wave:

TheWeazel
Rookie Member

Postby TheWeazel » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:34 pm

Here's hoping enough of the electorate read The Globe & Mail. While it's all fine and dandy to say how EI reforms will be limited, with politics it's all about perception. The Liberals know it and they'll do their best to exploit it.

The real reason for the election to be called: as the economy starts to recover, Harper will be viewed as the leader who navigated Canada through the storm. He certainly didn't cause it, contrary to what the lazy left would have you believe, but it goes against their preachings if he is at the helm and recovery starts. It also contradicts the Liberals' claims that the Conservatives did not do enough stimulus spending. The Liberals will be exposed for how out of touch they really are if this economy doesn't get any worse. Ignatieff, like Dion, wants Canada to fail for personal gain.

:offtopic: I believe Conservative voters are far more dedicated when compared to Liberal supporters at the polls. If the election has a lot of apathy I think it will really hurt the Liberals and help the Conservatives as well as Taliban Jack. Them NDP are pretty militant and I think they'll mobilize their vote as well. Like the Conservatives, they rely on grassroots support.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!

48highlander
Rookie Member

Postby 48highlander » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:14 pm

Well caught a glimpse of a news conference with taliban jack, and he basically stated, Iggy go fist yourself. I think even HE realizes no one wants ANOTHER friggen election (he pretty much said as much), and given his involvement in the shennigans post-election last time, he is going to be very reluctant to pull the plug on this government.

Now on the other hand if this whole thing did happen perhaps the 4th time would be the charm and enough people got out there to give (hopefully the conservatives) someone a majority so we won't have this constant threat over our heads, because this is getting flipping annoying.

bips
Rookie Member

Postby bips » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:37 am

gotchya wrote:
bips wrote:Liberals must really be running out of good leaders.

Don't worry it's the Liberals, at the rate they're going everyone is going to get a chance to be leader. The Liberals have become complacent in that they believe they are Canada's natural governing party.

As for Iggy, I'm just glad he moved here, I couldn't fathom having a Prime Minister who doesn't live in Canada, but I suppose weirder things have happened.

Rick Mercer is not bad! :thumbsup:
"The Sea Was Angry That Day, My Friends, like an Old Man Trying to send Back Soup in a Deli." George Costanza