Brinks vs Garda (G4S) to work for

NON Law Enforcement discussion. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want, just leave work out of it. Nobody likes a workaholic. Get a life ;-)

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

marks@24
Rookie Member

Re: Brinks vs Garda (G4S) to work for

Postby marks@24 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:31 pm

Don’t belittle any enforcement job, security, Brink’s, Police, By-Law, we are all out there to enforce, and protect..whether it be ourselves, community, or cash and property, we are in it for the same passions!

Floydie
Grand Poobah

Postby Floydie » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:46 pm

marks@24 wrote:Don’t belittle any enforcement job, security, Brink’s, Police, By-Law, we are all out there to enforce, and protect..whether it be ourselves, community, or cash and property, we are in it for the same passions!
...geeeeee I wonder who this could be??? :roll:
CX-1 @ Millhaven

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:28 am

marks@24 wrote:Don’t belittle any enforcement job, security, Brink’s, Police, By-Law, we are all out there to enforce, and protect..whether it be ourselves, community, or cash and property, we are in it for the same passions!
Unless a security company is hired to enforce Municipal by-laws, they are in place solely for the liability protection of the site they are working for. As long as security personnel do not overstep their authority, and are professional, they will not ridiculed. However, security companies are NOT to be equated with Police Services.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad, Father-In-Law, & Grampa(x6)

IrishCop
Veteran Member

Postby IrishCop » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:02 am

Pete Broccolo wrote:
Unless a security company is hired to enforce Municipal by-laws, they are in place solely for the liability protection of the site they are working for. As long as security personnel do not overstep their authority, and are professional, they will not ridiculed. However, security companies are NOT to be equated with Police Services.
:aye:

Tommy
King Poobah

Postby Tommy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:22 pm

Quite the ELITE position you've taken on this matter... Especially the not so TACTICAL way you've chosen to FORCE it onto this thread about SECURITY....... :smirk:
"Courage is fear holding on a minute longer." - General George S. Patton

blampe
Rookie Member

Postby blampe » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:07 am

This thread is a little old but figured I'd reply.

I applied for a p/t position with Brink's for a guard/driver - from the beginning my application was never taken seriously despite my significant qualifications (highlighted below). Was only looking for some interesting p/t work.
The initial 'interview' was at a branch. I was asked no questions, asked for no clarification on work experience, etc. The Branch Manager only said a couple times that my resume was "impressive".
I did not make it further than the phone screening and initial interview - received an email from Brink's HR indicating that they decided "to pursue other candidates whose past work experiences and training better meet current needs."

At this stage my nose is a little out of joint for being rejected, though I believe my age played a role - I'm a 43yo caucasion male.
A request for feedback with regard to personal growth & improvement was requested but as of writing have received no response.

So here's a highlight of my qualifications:
HBSc Psych/criminology
Canadian Forces, RCA, 11bty (forward observation & recce), honourably discharged on release
Halton Police (aux cst, 30div, 3dist), Ontario Police Fitness Award
PAL (restr, non-restr & prohib)
DZ & 404 licenses
Skid school
Restr radio (aero & nautical)
CPR/FA/AED
Etc.

Any thoughts?

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:25 am

blampe wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:07 am
This thread is a little old but figured I'd reply.

I applied for a p/t position with Brink's for a guard/driver - from the beginning my application was never taken seriously despite my significant qualifications (highlighted below). Was only looking for some interesting p/t work.
The initial 'interview' was at a branch. I was asked no questions, asked for no clarification on work experience, etc. The Branch Manager only said a couple times that my resume was "impressive".
I did not make it further than the phone screening and initial interview - received an email from Brink's HR indicating that they decided "to pursue other candidates whose past work experiences and training better meet current needs."

At this stage my nose is a little out of joint for being rejected, though I believe my age played a role - I'm a 43yo caucasion male.
A request for feedback with regard to personal growth & improvement was requested but as of writing have received no response.

So here's a highlight of my qualifications:
HBSc Psych/criminology
Canadian Forces, RCA, 11bty (forward observation & recce), honourably discharged on release
Halton Police (aux cst, 30div, 3dist), Ontario Police Fitness Award
PAL (restr, non-restr & prohib)
DZ & 404 licenses
Skid school
Restr radio (aero & nautical)
CPR/FA/AED
Etc.

Any thoughts?
What we need here is an emoji of a bullet zipping by a grimacing face as it dodges out of the way.

Not busy enough at whatever you already do now?!
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad, Father-In-Law, & Grampa(x6)

blampe
Rookie Member

Postby blampe » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:35 am

I've been a civvie since 2004. I own a small business which my wife primarily runs so I wanted to get back out there in a way.
Can't do policing p/t other than crt svcs which I'd prefer not to do. Reg SO doesn't interest me.
I've missed wearing body armour, carrying a sidearm and being in a role requiring vigilance. lol

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Postby Dave Brown » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:42 pm

I think you just answered your own question.

blampe
Rookie Member

Postby blampe » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:41 pm

That was my concern. Pretty disappointing if that's the case.

Slovak4188
Veteran Member

Postby Slovak4188 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:15 am

blampe wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:35 am
I've been a civvie since 2004. I own a small business which my wife primarily runs so I wanted to get back out there in a way.
Can't do policing p/t other than crt svcs which I'd prefer not to do. Reg SO doesn't interest me.
I've missed wearing body armour, carrying a sidearm and being in a role requiring vigilance. lol
Orangeville PS hires part-time lol
"Hard truths cut both ways"

Madeline236
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Madeline236 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:00 am

Not sure I ever heard anyone say the miss wearing body armour. Blech, comes off as soon as its safe to for me.

blampe
Rookie Member

Postby blampe » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:47 am

I'm an anomaly. lol

Only time I didn't like it was during & post-foot pursuits on humid summer days.
Anyone who's worn knows exactly what I mean. :lol:

spooky

Postby spooky » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:19 am

Apply for Garda. Better pay anyway.

Rareform
Grand Poobah

Postby Rareform » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:18 am

Yup, GardaWorld Cash Logistics definitely pays better in most cases.
Special Constable
“Always remember, others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself.”