Recent Alberta tragedy.

A forum for those who wish to speak of fellow officers who have died on or off duty.
Tango5
Rookie Member

Recent Alberta tragedy.

Postby Tango5 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:15 am

I will break the silence.

Cst. Dave Wynn.
May your soul rest in peace. At this time, my thoughts are with you, with your friends and most importantly > your family.

You will not be forgotten.

Speedy recovery to his partner, Auxiliary Cst. Derek Walter Bond.
... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.

Code44
Veteran Member

Re: Recent Alberta tragedy.

Postby Code44 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:18 am

RIP..
I'll be making the trip for the Funeral on monday.
:wave:

OilersFtw
Rookie Member

Postby OilersFtw » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:23 pm

R.I.P.

Sad day in Alberta today. Was passing by a local EPS station on my way to school this morning and saw local busses being loaded with tons of EPS officers. Looks like there will be a pretty big showing today in St. Albert.

Such a tragic and senseless killing. Condolences to the officers family.

Madeline236
Grand Poobah

Postby Madeline236 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:35 pm

Also my condolences.

Someone posted a nice poem, not sure if it was legit from an RCMP spouse since there was no link but doesn't really matter. It was written and posted in light of the Cst. Wynn death. It was mushy but quite on the mark. The message was lost on me however when the immediate next poster called RCMP wives who worry whiney babies and went on to say swinging a hammer is a more dangerous calling.

Without going further on this thread about it here's the link, take and anger pill first.
http://www.canadaka.net/forums/post2112041#p2112041

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:53 pm

If anyone missed the broadcast but would like to watch the service... Here it is.

http://main.mp4.cbc.ca/prodVideo/genera ... 260115.mp4

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:56 pm

Madeline236 wrote:Also my condolences.

Someone posted a nice poem, not sure if it was legit from an RCMP spouse since there was no link but doesn't really matter. It was written and posted in light of the Cst. Wynn death. It was mushy but quite on the mark. The message was lost on me however when the immediate next poster called RCMP wives who worry whiney babies and went on to say swinging a hammer is a more dangerous calling.

Without going further on this thread about it here's the link, take and anger pill first.
http://www.canadaka.net/forums/post2112041#p2112041

Clowns will always be clowns. This is why not everyone can be a member.

tbell33
Rookie Member

Postby tbell33 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:20 pm

Thoughts & Prayers to our RCMP Brothers & Sisters, Cst. Wynn's Wife Shelly, his 3 Sons and the rest of his Family & Friends!

Rest Easy Brother, We'll Take It From Here!!

#HeroesInLife
"The Wolf Is Here Ladies & Gentlemen"

KLICK
Rookie Member

Postby KLICK » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:11 pm

This whole incident in heartbreaking. Thoughts and prayers and with Cst. Wynn's family.

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:22 am

I have found an interesting tweet on tweeter today. Then I reasearched and found the post itself.
https://m.facebook.com/comment/replies/ ... &__tn__=RP

So terrible to learn that after putting his life on the line and being shot and wounded... Dereck was left alone.

I believe, this is Derek's response to a post about the Wynn's Law.

Derek Bond
This triggers me every time I see something on this law. I don't know how many members need to be murdered or injured by someone that should NOT have be out on the streets before Canadian government actually does something. The government doesn't realize that this effected more than just the Wynn family. I took it's toll on every member that worked in St Albert, including all the civilian staff. I live with the memory of this everyday and have gone to some pretty dark places and thank god I have a good supportive wife. You see, I was the auxiliary Cst that was with Dave that night and was also shot but survived. But I guess I should expect this kind of attitude from our government as they have done nothing for me since the attempted murder of myself. Sorry if I rambled on but I just needed to vent when I read this.
13Hide · Jun 2

Bomani
Seasoned Member

Postby Bomani » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:23 pm

Tango5 wrote:I have found an interesting tweet on tweeter today. Then I reasearched and found the post itself.
https://m.facebook.com/comment/replies/ ... &__tn__=RP

So terrible to learn that after putting his life on the line and being shot and wounded... Dereck was left alone.

I believe, this is Derek's response to a post about the Wynn's Law.

Derek Bond
This triggers me every time I see something on this law. I don't know how many members need to be murdered or injured by someone that should NOT have be out on the streets before Canadian government actually does something. The government doesn't realize that this effected more than just the Wynn family. I took it's toll on every member that worked in St Albert, including all the civilian staff. I live with the memory of this everyday and have gone to some pretty dark places and thank god I have a good supportive wife. You see, I was the auxiliary Cst that was with Dave that night and was also shot but survived. But I guess I should expect this kind of attitude from our government as they have done nothing for me since the attempted murder of myself. Sorry if I rambled on but I just needed to vent when I read this.
13Hide · Jun 2

Ridiculous, but what can we expect from our current government

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:33 am

It is sad actually, leaving an Aux or any other member on their own to deal with shit after being shot and/or traumatized is pretty low and pathetic.

Taking all to account, I am not surprised members jump ship by the "dozens". In fact, some agencies are holding off on accepting recruit applications as they have planty laterals knocking at the doors.

I don't blame them, why pay for training.