Moncton Tragedy

A forum for those who wish to speak of fellow officers who have died on or off duty.
Tommy
Veteran Member

Re: 5 Mounties Shot in Moncton NB 3 Killed

Postby Tommy » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:49 am

Confirmed Captured.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-bruns ... -1.2666921

Great work to the RCMP on getting him. :thumbsup:
"Courage is fear holding on a minute longer." - General George S. Patton

JaneneF
Rookie Member

Postby JaneneF » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:09 am

Tommy wrote:Confirmed Captured.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-bruns ... -1.2666921

Great work to the RCMP on getting him. :thumbsup:

Amazing. So glad no other officers were hurt. Thoughts and prayers to the officers' families and to the RCMP.

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:27 am

Good work by the Mounties out in NB. Condolences to all RCMP and family members.

PS as usual don't read the comments on the CBC.

JaneneF
Rookie Member

Re: Moncton Tragedy

Postby JaneneF » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:15 am

Glad the suspect was apprehended. Now may the New Brunswick RCMP who worked tirelessly to capture him get some much needed rest to grieve and heal. I know there are no breaks in Law Enforcement.

Rest in Peace to the brave officers who lost their lives and condolences to the families. This was just so awful.

cyrusdm
Rookie Member

Postby cyrusdm » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:37 am

What a complete and utter loser. He talks about "going out with a bang" but is too chicken shit to do everyone a favor and just off himself.

Why did we abolish the death penalty again? There are too many great examples of people we should have just killed as opposed to spent 80 k a year keeping them comfortable (Olsen, Bernardo, this goof)

Longarm9
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Longarm9 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:31 am

cyrusdm wrote:What a complete and utter loser. He talks about "going out with a bang" but is too chicken shit to do everyone a favor and just off himself.

Why did we abolish the death penalty again? There are too many great examples of people we should have just killed as opposed to spent 80 k a year keeping them comfortable (Olsen, Bernardo, this goof)

He went out not with a bang, but with a whimper. He'll be doing a lot of whimpering over the next 25 to life in a federal prison.
"Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." -John Stuart Mill

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:35 am

Longarm9 wrote:
cyrusdm wrote:What a complete and utter loser. He talks about "going out with a bang" but is too chicken shit to do everyone a favor and just off himself.

He went out not with a bang, but with a whimper. He'll be doing a lot of whimpering over the next 25 to life in a federal prison.

And sadly, will be a hero to his own.
... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.

BROVO26

Postby BROVO26 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:39 am

I want him to spend the rest of his life in a cell, no death penally, just the next 70 years rotting in his own little world to reflect on how much of a waste of skin he is.
It's not if you win or lose, but how you place the blame.

Boxer Dogs
Rookie Member

Postby Boxer Dogs » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:39 pm

I'm glad this piece of shit goof is in custody. I read somewhere he had the "Free man on the land" ideology. Fuck him.

My thoughts and prayers are with the RCMP members and their families. Rest In Peace.
My opinions are my own and do not reflect my agency.

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:18 pm

It's going to be a somber day in Moncton tomorrow... :cry:
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

No 20 Year Medal
King Poobah

Postby No 20 Year Medal » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:32 pm

I think it'll be a pretty somber day all over the country Wayner. I go back in on days tomorrow after my 4 off and if I can't make it into the office for 1:00 to see some of the ceremony on TV I'll definitely be parking the cruiser somewhere at that time and pausing to reflect.

POLICE CONSTABLE

My patch traders page: http://public.fotki.com/No20YearMedal/

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:53 am

Approved for distribution by C/Supt. Tonia Enger, OIC of Operations Strategy Branch.

To honour the Moncton Fallen Members, there will be a Memorial March and ceremony at our “E” Division Fallen Members’ Memorial in Surrey, B.C. Prior to the memorial march there will be a very limited capacity viewing of the Moncton “J” Division ceremony will be held in the “E” Division HQ Building.

Given space and parking limitations it is our intention to provide members and Sr. representatives of partner agencies that are travelling into BC and VIPs, the opportunity to watch the Moncton Memorial in a few designated areas within the building. This will not be open to the public. Once the building reaches capacity, access will be shutdown.
“E” Division HQ Memorial March/Parade:
Following the Moncton memorial service, a local memorial march will be held on Tuesday June 10th, along with a service and the laying of wreaths at the “E” Division Fallen Members’ Memorial at the front entrance of the EHQ Building (14200 Green Timbers Way, Surrey, BC). This is opportunity to pay your respects and participate, given the capacity restrictions to watch the service.

All uniformed personnel who wish to march in the parade are asked to begin arrival no later than 11:00 a.m. and enter through the WEST GATE entrance. March will begin at noon (12:00 p.m.).

Memorial Viewing:
Efforts are underway to finalize the viewing options for those outside of Moncton. The service will likely be available on cable and via an internet livestream. Livestream URL address to follow.
Members/employees are encouraged to access those feeds at their offices or homes. EHQ employees are asked to use your offices, vacant meeting rooms or the common area TVs should they wish to watch the Moncton Memorial.

(Surrey Auxiliaries - the Surrey Detachment will be broadcasting Moncton Service in the OIC boardroom. Plan to carpool from Main Detachment to designated parking at Guildford Mall or Bear Creek if you plan to participate in the memorial march).

Parking:
Please note there will be no on-site parking for the limited viewing or the march/parade. Green Timbers Way will be closed to all but local and EHQ building employees starting at 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday June 10th. EHQ employees are reminded to ensure you have your parking and security building pass available at the traffic check points and should consider arriving prior to 8:00 a.m. Also the visitor parking lot will be closed Monday night June 9th to accommodate the parade/ceremony.

Alternatives for EHQ employees will be provided shortly.
All march participants are encouraged to carpool or organize their own bus transport to the designated drop-off areas. Drop-off at the WEST GATE entrance at EHQ will be allowed, however the vehicles must park at the off-site parking locations. (See map attached)

Currently off-site parking has been established at the following areas:
• Primary - Surrey Guildford Town Centre (Mall): 10355 152 Street, Surrey, BC
Parkade above Walmart and East of Empire Theatres
• Police vehicles requiring security - Surrey Fed Ops Building: 13130 76th Avenue
• Surrey’s Bear Creek Park: 13750 88th Avenue
*Additional locations will be provided once they are secured.
Shuttles will be available at these sites to pick up and return attendees starting at 8:00 a.m.

RCMP Order of Dress:
Order of Dress: Review Order is mandatory for all Regular Members attending the parade (stripped Sam Browne, brown boots, breeches, scarlet tunic, felt hat (Stetson), brown gloves, full medals/decorations and mourning ribbon). Commissioned Officers not marching can wear their forage caps. Civilian Members and Public Servants can wear their regimental blazer or business attire.

Auxiliaries - Blue Serge (yellow stripes), forge cap, gloves, , full medals/decorations and mourning ribbon. Non Blue Serge Auxiliaries are to wear best dress, long sleeves and tie, vest and forge cap, boots.

Employees are reminded to wear the mourning ribbon during the official mourning period, which began with the lowering of the flag and ends with the raising of the flag. The mourning pin is worn on the left breast pocket flap, positioned closest to the heart, or at a similar location on civilian attire. For more information on the ribbon, visit: http://www.rcmp.gc.ca/mem/ribbon-ruban-eng.htm

Additional information
Please respect that planning and logistics are still being finalized. We ask for your patience and flexibility. Should you have questions we encourage you to work with your line officers/units/detachments in order to coordinate efforts and travel.
... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.

Rugger
Rookie Member

Postby Rugger » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:41 am

As a past RCMP applicant and someone who was born and raised in Moncton, just wanted to say condolences to the RCMP members and families effected by this tragedy.

To all members stay safe, and stay strong.

jpdeanadams
Rookie Member

Postby jpdeanadams » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:46 am

It was a very moving ceremony. It's a sad day for canada. My most sincere condolences to all RCMP and family members.

To all of you, always stay safe!

Sailor
Rookie Member

Postby Sailor » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:19 pm

For those of you who may have been following this tragedy the shooter was sentenced today to 75 years before parole eligibility. Being from Moncton and being greatly affected by this I am happy to see the maximum sentence handed down.
RPAB 07/26/2014
RPAB results 08/19/2014
Package received 10/02/2014
Package complete and mailed 10/07/2014
RMAQ review 10/22/2014
RMSI passed 12/16/2014
PARE passed 4:14 01/06/2015
PEP 02/04/2015
Deferred until 2017