Tpr. Larry John Zuidema Rudd, KIA 24May2010 - Afghanistan

A forum for those who wish to speak of fellow officers who have died on or off duty.
klink1983
Rookie Member

Tpr. Larry John Zuidema Rudd, KIA 24May2010 - Afghanistan

Postby klink1983 » Thu May 24, 2012 11:45 am

http://www.honourthem.ca/masterDetail.cfm?ID=169

Today is the 2 year anniversary of the passing of a buddy of mine, a brother in arms, and an example that I think more people in this world need to follow.

I think it is appropriate that I post in an LE oriented setting because he was all about a uniform, it didn't matter what one.....he was such an extroverted person that all he wanted to do was to be in a position where he could give the shirt off of his back to others, and he did it quite well on many occasions in Petawawa, Gagetown, as well as in Afghanistan right up until the day that he was robbed from us.

Larry was killed when the LAV he was driving struck an improvised explosive device while on a resupply operation. He was on what we would call the "milk run." He was in a convoy dropping off food, water, supplies etc. at a number of our "locations" where we were working. We depended on milk runs to sustain ourselves for our rotations outside the wire which commonly ran 14-21 days in duration, with 48 hours back in the FOB to Afghani mechanic our vehicles back to health, resupply, read our mail, sleep in a bunk for a night or 2 and we were back out the door again.

~ H.A.F.F.
There is no theory of evolution, just a list of creatures that Chuck Norris has allowed to live.....

TorontoK9

Re: Tpr. Larry John Zuidema Rudd, KIA 24May2010 - Afghanista

Postby TorontoK9 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:34 pm

Thanks for sharing that brother, I am involved with Canadian Heroes, which is dedicated to remembering our fallen veterans, assisting their families and supporting our Troops.

We are always looking for volunteers to help out, we also have a Race Team currently running in the SCCA Trans Am Series and the Lucas Oil Sportsman Cup.

www.Canadianheroes.com
Retired after 30yrs with TPS
Currently Platoon S/Sgt University of Toronto Campus Police

klink1983
Rookie Member

Postby klink1983 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:16 pm

TorontoK9 wrote:Thanks for sharing that brother, I am involved with Canadian Heroes, which is dedicated to remembering our fallen veterans, assisting their families and supporting our Troops.

We are always looking for volunteers to help out, we also have a Race Team currently running in the SCCA Trans Am Series and the Lucas Oil Sportsman Cup.

http://www.Canadianheroes.com

A buddy of mine from work was sent down to Daytona last year by Mr. Ecklund. I'm well aware of CH and I think the work you guys do is bloody marvelous!
There is no theory of evolution, just a list of creatures that Chuck Norris has allowed to live.....

Mr. Islander
Seasoned Member

Postby Mr. Islander » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:47 pm

Last edited by Mr. Islander on Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toonces
King Poobah

Postby Toonces » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:52 pm

This is sad. My hubby was RCD. He still wishes he was.

RIP Trooper.
I will NOT respond to PMs from those not belonging to the private side.

klink1983
Rookie Member

Postby klink1983 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:43 pm

Toonces wrote:This is sad. My hubby was RCD. He still wishes he was.

RIP Trooper.

+1
To each their own. To be as proper as I can in my post, I fit into the demographic of "actively seeking alternative employment to leave the CF." I've accepted that it is time for me to leave the Regiment, and I want to do so on a good foot without burning bridges. I am hoping to be fortunate enough to get hired by a law enforcement agency in Ontario.

Mr. Islander wrote:RIP my brother, my thoughts are with him, his friends and family.

Always saddened to see a fellow member pass. A salute, to him.

+1, Like