Almost Hired Thread.

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
A.blackburn
Rookie Member

Re: Almost Hired Thread.

Postby A.blackburn » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:56 pm

Still very far from being hired but iv'e been accepted in the police technology program which is mandatory here in Quebec!

Cheers!
Police Officer

dobbsie
Rookie Member

Postby dobbsie » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:13 pm

Hi Everyone

I have a home interview on Monday with OPP. Can anyone tell me what to expect? Is it just a casual talk or is there more to it?

Thanks,
Applied, OPP-(Mar 2016)
Interview, OPP-(Apr 2016)- Complete
BGI- OPP- (April 2016)- Complete
Medical- OPP- (April 2016)- Complete
Vision- OPP- (April 2016)- Complete
Home Interview, OPP- Complete
Psych/SIGMA, OPP- Complete
PPA/OPC OPP- August, 2016

SierraKiloMike
Rookie Member

Postby SierraKiloMike » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:46 am

chloejon wrote:Helloo!

My first post.

I am being fast-tracked through the process with Peel. Basically did my interview, BGI, psych test, and psych interview within a span of 2 days. My next step is a pre-board physical and then the board interview. Everything is going well, if I pass the PREP again I think I should have a good chance .

I just applied to to Toronto on Monday. Received a phone call today to go in for an interview.

I am very interested in both TPS and PRP. Since I am so deep in the process with PRP, any advice regarding how I should proceed with TPS?

Worst case scenario I screw up on my pre-board physical with Peel, hoping that won't happen. But will moving ahead with Toronto, jeopardize my chances with PRP in any way? Any experience with this scenario? How about the possibility of receiving offers from more than one PF?

Just looking for some advice/ experience. Thanks.

2 days! I WISH!

squiretuck
Rookie Member

Postby squiretuck » Wed May 18, 2016 3:52 pm

Hey all, have final interview coming up in 2 weeks. It is a panel style interview, just looking for any suggestions on what to expect in the interview and peoples past experience with this style of interview.
Thanks,
tuck

AirborneInfantry
Rookie Member

Postby AirborneInfantry » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:00 pm

Made it through the entire process with a municipality but was told at the end I was no longer being considered and to reapply in 1 years time. Very discouraging, but will use the time to better myself and reapply.
Infantry 2007 - Present

SierraKiloMike
Rookie Member

Postby SierraKiloMike » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:52 pm

AirborneInfantry wrote:Made it through the entire process with a municipality but was told at the end I was no longer being considered and to reapply in 1 years time. Very discouraging, but will use the time to better myself and reapply.

You're not the first person that this has happened to and certainly wont be the last. Keep pushing. I've been applying for about 3.5 years, tons of applications. Moved onto a special constable gig with a University and still trying for police. Just keep improving.

blackwatch67
Rookie Member

Postby blackwatch67 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:15 pm

I was taken out of the opp hiring pool last summer. It was brutal. I received the call for hire on Friday almost a year to the day I got that rejection letter. If this is what you want keep at it.

Jessannec
Rookie Member

Postby Jessannec » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:13 am

Final stages with RCMP, just waiting on the final call.
My file is currently sitting in Suitability, just got a call this morning to let me know the checks have come back clean! Like most others, Im sitting by the phone all day, every day. As much as I love getting this far, man is it stressful! :shock:
BC Applicant
App:14/02/19
RPAB: N/A
SP: 05/04/19
RMAQ Rvw:
PEP:
PEP Apr:
BGI:
Med/Psych:
Psych Int:
Med approv:
FSR:
DSU:
SC issued:
Troop:

Conner4
Rookie Member

Postby Conner4 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:24 pm

euroman21
Rookie Member

Postby euroman21 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:17 pm

Has anyone in the OPP hiring process received a call for the April 23 PPA intake?

eitan67
Rookie Member

Postby eitan67 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:55 pm

euroman21 wrote:Has anyone in the OPP hiring process received a call for the April 23 PPA intake?

Not yet. I am waiting as well. :cry: I saw someone on Twitter that got the call though. So I am still by the phone all day hoping for the best!
OPP (NS Applicant)
Application: Jan 7, 2018
File Number: Jan 8, 2018
LFI: Feb 13, 2018
Psych: Feb 13, 2018
LFI Results: Feb 14, 2018
Psych Follow up: March 4, 2018
Background/Medical: Feb 28, 2018
Home Interview: March 8, 2018
The Call: April 3, 2018

OP00368
Rookie Member

Postby OP00368 » Wed May 27, 2020 3:13 pm

Got the call today that I unfortunately did not meet the requirements on my psych eval and have to wait a year to reapply across Ontario. Stings like hell to be able to come so close to the finish line. However as they say, nothing worth doing is easy.

I'll be using this year to build my resume and work on weaknesses. Thankfully my job has more enough opportunities to keep me entertained while I wait it out in the penalty box.

Slovak4188
Rookie Member

Postby Slovak4188 » Thu May 28, 2020 3:13 am

OP00368 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 3:13 pm
Got the call today that I unfortunately did not meet the requirements on my psych eval and have to wait a year to reapply across Ontario. Stings like hell to be able to come so close to the finish line. However as they say, nothing worth doing is easy.

I'll be using this year to build my resume and work on weaknesses. Thankfully my job has more enough opportunities to keep me entertained while I wait it out in the penalty box.
I failed the psych in 2013. Hired just a couple years later. Don't give up.
"Hard truths cut both ways"

tomodo17
Rookie Member

Postby tomodo17 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:21 pm

OP00368 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 3:13 pm

Keep your head up, greatness takes time. It took me 5 years and 4 tries...and lots of learning. Work hard and it will come. All the best.

MasterPlanMan
Rookie Member

Postby MasterPlanMan » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:13 am

Slovak4188 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 3:13 am
I failed the psych in 2013. Hired just a couple years later. Don't give up.
I knew there was something off about you

:smirk: