Almost Hired Thread.

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
chloejon
Rookie Member

Re: Almost Hired Thread.

Postby chloejon » Thu May 15, 2014 11:39 am

Helloo!

My first post.

I am being fast-tracked through the process with Peel. Basically did my interview, BGI, psych test, and psych interview within a span of 2 days. My next step is a pre-board physical and then the board interview. Everything is going well, if I pass the PREP again I think I should have a good chance .

I just applied to to Toronto on Monday. Received a phone call today to go in for an interview.

I am very interested in both TPS and PRP. Since I am so deep in the process with PRP, any advice regarding how I should proceed with TPS?

Worst case scenario I screw up on my pre-board physical with Peel, hoping that won't happen. But will moving ahead with Toronto, jeopardize my chances with PRP in any way? Any experience with this scenario? How about the possibility of receiving offers from more than one PF?

Just looking for some advice/ experience. Thanks.

Uter
Rookie Member

Postby Uter » Thu May 15, 2014 12:10 pm

What you've got there is a nice problem to have! I envy that timeline.

I have no definitive advice on how to proceed because I haven't been there before, but I think the morale of reading these boards is until you've signed with someone, don't consider yourself hired, so you should probably attend that interview with TO. I"m not sure how or if you'd explain this to Peel. I'm sure they would understand you're just covering bases.

To me it sounds like Peel is going to wrap this up very quick, so you need to be ready to say yes/no, and I don't know how long a service keeps an offer on table. Given their accelerated rate here, they may expect reciprocity from you.

Keep us updated!

Godraz
Rookie Member

Postby Godraz » Thu May 15, 2014 1:32 pm

chloejon wrote:Helloo!
I am very interested in both TPS and PRP. Since I am so deep in the process with PRP, any advice regarding how I should proceed with TPS?

Up to me, you should keep it up on both sides until you're definitely in on one of them. At least, that's what I would do in your situation.

chloejon
Rookie Member

Postby chloejon » Thu May 15, 2014 6:05 pm

Godraz wrote:Up to me, you should keep it up on both sides until you're definitely in on one of them. At least, that's what I would do in your situation.

I think that's a a good mentality. Thanks both of you.

Apollo
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Apollo » Sat May 17, 2014 5:55 pm

My first post.

I am being fast-tracked through the process with Peel. Basically did my interview, BGI, psych test, and psych interview within a span of 2 days. My next step is a pre-board physical and then the board interview. Everything is going well, if I pass the PREP again I think I should have a good chance .

I just applied to to Toronto on Monday. Received a phone call today to go in for an interview.

Worst case scenario I screw up on my pre-board physical with Peel, hoping that won't happen. But will moving ahead with Toronto, jeopardize my chances with PRP in any way? Any experience with this scenario? How about the possibility of receiving offers from more than one PF?

Take first offer and be loyal to them for hiring you

chloejon
Rookie Member

Postby chloejon » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Going for my board interview with Peel next week, wish me luck!

wolf528
Rookie Member

Postby wolf528 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:05 pm

@chloejon when did you start the process? Mine seems to be going much slower then that but will hopefully going to board interview soon.

fortmacapplicant
Rookie Member

Postby fortmacapplicant » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:59 pm

Applied to the Alberta Sheriffs. References have been contacted and criminal background check has started, all thats left is Psych Eval, I believe. :? :alright:

Apollo
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Apollo » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:30 pm

Last edited by Apollo on Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

fortmacapplicant
Rookie Member

Postby fortmacapplicant » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:58 pm

Anyone else here applying to Alberta Sheriff's?

ThePants
Rookie Member

Postby ThePants » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:51 pm

fortmacapplicant wrote:Anyone else here applying to Alberta Sheriff's?

I applied in the competition that just closed. I guess the waiting game begins now...

fortmacapplicant
Rookie Member

Postby fortmacapplicant » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:29 pm

Everything completed and passed....now the dreaded wait for a yay or nay call.

Riddick
Rookie Member

Postby Riddick » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:08 pm

My first post.

1 question, Who do you know lol.

That's quite the expedited process, lucky you and good luck !

SSick99
Rookie Member

Postby SSick99 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:22 pm

Almost hired... 2nd time making it to the final review for an agency...
Municipal Dept: HIRED!
RCMP BC:
RPAB: Aug/14
RMAQ: Nov/14
RMSI: Nov/14
PARE1: Jan/15 - 3:09
PEP: Jun/15
BGI: Sep/15
MED: July/15
PARE2: July/15 - 3:08
PSYC: July/15
FR: Sep/15 - Deferred 5 years - Another loss for RCMP

FutureFiveO
Rookie Member

Postby FutureFiveO » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:57 pm

almost hired! i've been selected, just waiting for a start date for my class, and to actually go in, sign papers, get my uniform fitted, etc... :o
CPS Process
App submitted - 04/01/14
Written Testing - Complete
A-PREP - Complete
PDF Interview - Complete
Panel - Complete
Psych Eval - Complete
Polygraph - Complete
Background - Complete

A-PREP Re-cert- Complete
Selected for Class 211