RCMP medical

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: CourtOfficer, Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2

RCMP medical

Postby Redhead » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:36 pm

What does this entale?
DOes this also include the dental and psych?
I called the recruiter today and was told that i should be recieving my letter to book the medical next week.. i just was hoping for a headsup.
When the rest pull out, just keep on ramming!
Redhead

Postby J W » Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:59 pm

Have you done the pare yet? Is it for that or the actual medical once you have had your interview? I think it is different in every division as far as order of things in recruiting to some extent
J W

Postby KL » Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:50 pm

Get ready for possibly the most extensive medical you have ever had!

You will be getting a FULL physical exam including pap smear. (Don't worry, the RCMP is an equal opportunity violator. The boys get the rectal exam! :shock: ) You will get an ECG, tons of blood work, urinalysis, chest x-ray and vision test. You will also go to the dentist and have a full series of x-rays taken. Any fillings or other problems will have to either be fixed before you join or you'll sign a waiver to cover the cost yourself. You will also do a hearing test.

I'm not sure what kind of psychological testing is being done these days. Probably the 500 question multiple choice on whose name escapes me. Here's a tip - don't talk about the people from Shin Bet that are out to get you!

I don't think any other agency except perhaps the military does a medical screening as extensive as the RCMP.
KL
Poobah Overlord

Postby Redhead » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:19 pm

HOly jumping!! thats quiet an extensive lil test.
When the rest pull out, just keep on ramming!
Redhead

Medical

Postby Delancey 37 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:18 am

Hey KL, So after you pay to get the full vision test from the civilian eye Doc,and the hearing test as well.We have to go through that again ??? I understand the Doctor and all the Alien Anal probing he may do, I better talk to one of our recruits.
:x
Delancey 37
Veteran Member

Postby Guards » Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:27 am

Have fun when they check your prostate. It was my favorite part of the experience.
Fighting crime one keystroke at a time.
Guards
Grand Poobah

Re: Medical

Postby F Division Recruit » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:59 am

BCAUX wrote:Hey KL, So after you pay to get the full vision test from the civilian eye Doc,and the hearing test as well.We have to go through that again ??? I understand the Doctor and all the Alien Anal probing he may do, I better talk to one of our recruits.
:x

You paid for a hearing test?? Hmmm... they never requested that from me?

When you do your medical, they will check your eyesight, but not as extensively as the optomitrist does. They check for depth perception and colour blindness (and a bit for distance). As part of the medical, they will check your hearing as well... so I'm not sure why you paid to get this tested before hand.

When you get your letter for your medical dates/times, you will also receive a 4 page legal-sized (double-sided) medical questionnaire with yes/no medical history questions. The doctor will take a look at this when you go in for you med.

:officer: MAINTIENS LE DROIT :officer:
F Division Recruit

Postby pukie » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:19 am

KL wrote:
I don't think any other agency except perhaps the military does a medical screening as extensive as the RCMP.

The military medical is a joke these days. They pretty much ask you if you've had a sore throught in the past 6 months.

The military is having a huge problem recruiting, so it seems like they are overlooking some medical conditions in order to get there numbers up. That is why we have Privates with just over a year in going on medical category. Pretty sad!!
pukie
King Poobah

RCMP Medical

Postby Delancey 37 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:15 pm

Thanks for the info Recruit, much appreciated.
Delancey 37
Veteran Member

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:15 pm

The psych is the MMPI-2. You can Google it if you want.

Postby Daveb » Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:18 pm

I had to do a hearing test as part of the application package.

I had no hearing tests whatsoever on the actual medical. Fill out the big long forms he asked questions about anything I answered in a way that would indicate he should. ECG, Bloodwork, dental, chest xray, Urinalysis, no prostate check. Checked to make sure I could touch my toes too.. No vision check at all... Other than the one I paid for from the optometrist as part of my application package.
Daveb
Veteran Member

Postby Gard » Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:26 pm

VSUMarco wrote:The psych is the MMPI-2. You can Google it if you want.

I did the MMPI a couple of times for the dive team when I was in NFLD...we had to do it as a part of the yearly dive team medical. I always chuckled at a few of the obvious questions....like the one about whether you believe that your co-workers can steal your thoughts.
Gard
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Return to Law Enforcement Applicants (FAQ)