Will travelling during covid affect the outlook on my process?

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Cabanaman
Rookie Member

Will travelling during covid affect the outlook on my process?

Postby Cabanaman » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:14 pm

Greetings,

Im an applicant in the RCMP. Im pretty much done everything, im in the last week of the security process.

I had a heck of a year and would like some good sun during my vacation off work. I thought about backpacking mexico.

My common sense says that travelling during covid will have a shabby and irresponsible outlook on my file, because the government clearly says they advise against it. My recruiter told me early on that the RCMP really cared about how we look OUTSIDE of service.

On another note, my mates in the RCMP told
me as long as I follow guidelines, there shouldn’t be an issue with it.

What do you guys think? would it be a reason to deny my process? Maybe im overthinking it.

Thanks!

noanykey

Re: Will travelling during covid affect the outlook on my process?

Postby noanykey » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:32 pm

Deleted the message, as the matter has been addressed by Dave Brown, but I kept your post count for your personal stats.

Pete Broccolo - Awesome Moderator, and always scary not just at Halloween
Royal Canadian Marine Search & Rescue
SAR Member

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Re: Will travelling during covid affect the outlook on my process?

Postby Dave Brown » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:05 am

#1 - No need to cross-post. You asked the question and got an answer.
#2 - Just because you didn't get the answer you wanted, there is no need to keep asking the question on multiple forums.
#3 - Why are you relying on information from fellow applicants? No one can say for certain.
#4 - When you have an RCMP recruiter tell you this is probably a dumb idea, it's probably a dumb idea.