OPC Closed Until June

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
dalooking
Rookie Member

OPC Closed Until June

Postby dalooking » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:59 pm

Thought this deserved its own topic as it effects multiple services, but for everyone in the process right now I've been told that OPC is closed until June AT THE EARLIEST. Various services are still conducting interviews/assessments so the process is moving but it seems like there's no April class as of now. This is unprecedented so who knows how this will unfold.

Source - recruiter email

allinthegame
Rookie Member

Re: OPC Closed Until June

Postby allinthegame » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:11 pm

Sorry to hear bro!

Wingman19

Postby Wingman19 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:43 pm

Yikes. Not surprised, especially with Depot shut down. Class sizes will probably be huge post COVID-19.
RCMP ON APP
app: Dec 4 2019
SP sent: Dec 13 2019
SP: Dec16 2019
recom Dec 16 2019
QA review: Dec 23 2019
App recom: Jan 11
PBQ: Feb 10
Suitability: Feb 26
RMAQ: :swords:
Many Municipal apps: On-Going

Batman10
Rookie Member

Postby Batman10 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:51 pm

dalooking wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:59 pm
Thought this deserved its own topic as it effects multiple services, but for everyone in the process right now I've been told that OPC is closed until June AT THE EARLIEST. Various services are still conducting interviews/assessments so the process is moving but it seems like there's no April class as of now. This is unprecedented so who knows how this will unfold.

Source - recruiter email
Is the april class going to merge with the fall class in august?

dalooking
Rookie Member

Postby dalooking » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:26 pm

Batman10 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:51 pm
dalooking wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:59 pm

Source - recruiter email
Is the april class going to merge with the fall class in august?
No one really knows right now, everything is up in the air.

I'd bet that anyone from the April class would just be moved to September or they might have a shorter semester starting June.

dinokid23
Rookie Member

Postby dinokid23 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:07 pm

I heard that the next intake has been postponed. It was supposed to start on May 6th, so pushing it back 1 month would still get the recruits out before the fall class comes in. But then again, who knows if the covid19 situation will be better by then.

I'm in the April recruit class for a local service, and while some things have been cancelled (eg physical fitness testing), I have not been told that the class will be postponed or cancelled yet.

devilwoman
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby devilwoman » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:21 am

I heard that the next intake has been postponed. It was supposed to start on May 6th, so pushing it back 1 month would still get the recruits out before the fall class comes in. But then again, who knows if the covid19 situation will be better by then.

It won't be. It will be months before we see this ease as people refuse to think beyond their own wants. We've got maybe a 50% adherence rate to social distancing right now which is basically preventing any true control of this.

We need 80 percent to make a dent.

OPC is, on the best of days, filled with germs that see recruits falling like dominos. One flu bug will work its way through an entire session in a month, with the rare few not catching it. This virus is far more pervasive. We have police divisions pulling people from units to cover shortages that we know are coming.....hell, my platoon was waiting to be quarantined as our sgt was waiting on his test results.

I have ZERO inside info on OPC so no PMs asking me when it's going to start. What I do have is info based on what I see when I'm working and I can tell you entire buildings are under quarantine and those people live separately. OPC you're stacked on top of each other. Sharing bathrooms, tables, etc..

If you want OPC to return, do social distancing. Tell your selfish friends to stop renting Air BnBs to have parties. Otherwise, we WILL be dealing with this shit for months.....probably into the new year.
"Don't let someone get comfortable disrespecting you."