APPLICANTS - ANIMAL WELFARE & CONTROL

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Galadriel0718
Rookie Member

APPLICANTS - ANIMAL WELFARE & CONTROL

Postby Galadriel0718 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:22 pm

Hello everyone,

I figured I would start a new thread for those interested in applying or who have applied to Animal Welfare or Control Officer positions. I am located in Ontario so referring to that through the Ontario Public Service under the newly imposed PAWS legislation, however, general questions about ACOs can be asked that are outside of Ontario.

Please feel free to post any application updates and/or questions here.
:wave: :thumbsup:
Former SBSO turned full-time BSO. I've been through it all and happy to share my experiences with others looking to get into CSBA as a temporary or full-time career.

Southwestern Ontario Region.

poped79
Rookie Member

Re: APPLICANTS - ANIMAL WELFARE & CONTROL

Postby poped79 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:13 am

Does anyone know exactly how many inspectors the province is looking to hire? I know the competition is closed and approx 1208 applicants have applied. Seems like there is no information what training is involved? Or how the system is going to be implemented.

Galadriel0718
Rookie Member

Postby Galadriel0718 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:37 pm

poped79 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:13 am
Does anyone know exactly how many inspectors the province is looking to hire? I know the competition is closed and approx 1208 applicants have applied. Seems like there is no information what training is involved? Or how the system is going to be implemented.
Hi,

I read that the province is looking to hire approximately 100 or so. In terms of the "1208 applicants", it's hard to say because on the posting, there is 3-4 position available but the posting also stipulates it's a talent pool for future openings.

Because it's such a new implementation, they may just be testing out the waters to gage interest.

Fingers crossed they'll have a hiring wave.
Former SBSO turned full-time BSO. I've been through it all and happy to share my experiences with others looking to get into CSBA as a temporary or full-time career.

poped79
Rookie Member

Postby poped79 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:38 pm

Let's hope the numbers are higher than 100 province wide. I believe Manitoba has approx 100 inspectors, hopefully Ontario will have significantly more based on geographical area and increased population.

Galadriel0718
Rookie Member

Postby Galadriel0718 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:37 pm

poped79 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:38 pm
Let's hope the numbers are higher than 100 province wide. I believe Manitoba has approx 100 inspectors, hopefully Ontario will have significantly more based on geographical area and increased population.
I would hope so too - also hoping the posting is accurate for the 4-6 week timeline...

poped79
Rookie Member

Postby poped79 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:40 pm

I'm hoping the hiring is pretty fast an steady. I can't imagine that the police can really devout a ton of resources towards animal investigations so the need is high to get inspectors trained and implemented immediately. Hope to hear back in the next week or so.

Galadriel0718
Rookie Member

Postby Galadriel0718 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:20 pm

poped79 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:40 pm
I'm hoping the hiring is pretty fast an steady. I can't imagine that the police can really devout a ton of resources towards animal investigations so the need is high to get inspectors trained and implemented immediately. Hope to hear back in the next week or so.
Me too - Let me know if you do!

poped79
Rookie Member

Postby poped79 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:50 pm

Ya will do for sure!! Not alot of information is available to gauge where they are in the process