Re: Winnipeg Police Class #163

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

Akidfrombrooklyn
Rookie Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:01 pm

Re: Winnipeg Police Class #163

Postby Akidfrombrooklyn » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:30 pm

Ron1925 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:26 pm
Any update with your application? Just heard that this class was about 1200 applicants..Good Luck to us:) :P
Holy crap. 1200?? I wonder how many spots they are trying to fill

Ron1925
Rookie Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:49 pm

Re: Winnipeg Police Class #163

Postby Ron1925 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:33 pm

Honestly I don't have any idea:(...
an ounce of loyalty is worth a pound of cleverness.

Tornelco
Regular Member
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:49 pm

Re: Winnipeg Police Class #163

Postby Tornelco » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:15 pm

My guess is maybe 30 recruits, 40 at MAX...

Pretty discouraging but I'll ride it out.

Busdriver.
Rookie Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:19 pm

Re: Winnipeg Police Class #163

Postby Busdriver. » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:41 pm

Akidfrombrooklyn wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:30 pm
Ron1925 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:26 pm
Any update with your application? Just heard that this class was about 1200 applicants..Good Luck to us:) :P
Holy crap. 1200?? I wonder how many spots they are trying to fill
Hahaha! I quess I have to pull out my application and keep driving city bus.

Tornelco
Regular Member
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:49 pm

Re: Winnipeg Police Class #163

Postby Tornelco » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:12 pm

Busdriver. wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:41 pm


Hahaha! I quess I have to pull out my application and keep driving city bus.
Aha don't do that, while this may be unmotivating, I can tell you about 1 of my other recent applications where a lot of applicants got weeded out real quick.

Applied for a department, 300 of us were invited to attend the physical test. Only 70 showed up, most failed, then like 30 of us were invited for the aptitude exams, 11 made it to the interview, then the rest is history because my interview was unsuccessful!

My point is, if you really put an effort and try, you can at least make it pretty far. Showing up is half the battle apparently...

But I see where you're coming from Busdriver, seeing 1200 applicants for 40 positions is pretty unmotivating...

Busdriver.
Rookie Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:19 pm

Re: Winnipeg Police Class #163

Postby Busdriver. » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:31 pm

Tornelco wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:12 pm
Busdriver. wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:41 pm


Hahaha! I quess I have to pull out my application and keep driving city bus.
Aha don't do that, while this may be unmotivating, I can tell you about 1 of my other recent applications where a lot of applicants got weeded out real quick.

Applied for a department, 300 of us were invited to attend the physical test. Only 70 showed up, most failed, then like 30 of us were invited for the aptitude exams, 11 made it to the interview, then the rest is history because my interview was unsuccessful!

My point is, if you really put an effort and try, you can at least make it pretty far. Showing up is half the battle apparently...

But I see where you're coming from Busdriver, seeing 1200 applicants for 40 positions is pretty unmotivating...
Thank you for the advice. All I can do is do bast as I can.

Ron1925
Rookie Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:49 pm

Re: Winnipeg Police Class #163

Postby Ron1925 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:39 pm

keep fighting:)
an ounce of loyalty is worth a pound of cleverness.

Billybob88
Rookie Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:19 pm

Re: Winnipeg Police Class #163

Postby Billybob88 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:56 am

Stay motivated guys, show and highlight your qualities. Show your positivity and willingness to adapt. With that many applicants it’ll only be that much sweeter when passing each stage 👍👍👍

Mb_spec.b
Rookie Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri May 11, 2018 11:05 am

Re: Winnipeg Police Class #163

Postby Mb_spec.b » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:50 pm

Hey guys, another applicant for recruit class#163 checking in.

This is my 2nd time applying to the WPS, made it to the panel interview last time. I've passed the written test and am just waiting for the physical on April 5th.

Good luck everyone!

kiwi_wings
Rookie Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:12 pm

Re: Winnipeg Police Class #163

Postby kiwi_wings » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:56 pm

Mb_spec.b wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:50 pm
Hey guys, another applicant for recruit class#163 checking in.

This is my 2nd time applying to the WPS, made it to the panel interview last time. I've passed the written test and am just waiting for the physical on April 5th.

Good luck everyone!
Nice! Im the exact same! Although my physical is March 30

Ron1925
Rookie Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:49 pm

Re: Winnipeg Police Class #163

Postby Ron1925 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:57 pm

Good luck for everyone who will taking the WPAT..3 people failed the agility today.
an ounce of loyalty is worth a pound of cleverness.

Busdriver.
Rookie Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:19 pm

Re: Winnipeg Police Class #163

Postby Busdriver. » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:20 pm

Applied Feb. 18 and still nothing. As anyone else in the same situation?

Tornelco
Regular Member
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:49 pm

Re: Winnipeg Police Class #163

Postby Tornelco » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:31 pm

Busdriver. wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:20 pm
Applied Feb. 18 and still nothing. As anyone else in the same situation?
Also nothing.

Mb_spec.b
Rookie Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri May 11, 2018 11:05 am

Re: Winnipeg Police Class #163

Postby Mb_spec.b » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:23 am

Busdriver. wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:20 pm
Applied Feb. 18 and still nothing. As anyone else in the same situation?
I know it's tough but you just have to be patient, they have a lot of applications to process. A friend of mine applied the same day as me(Jan 31) and my co-worker a week after(Feb 7), both just received an email last week for security clearance authorization.

For me it was:
Jan 31 - Submit application online
Feb 12 - Security clearance email
Feb 22 - Written test & WPS-PAT email
Mar 2- Write test
Apr 5- WPS-PAT

Akidfrombrooklyn
Rookie Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:01 pm

Re: Winnipeg Police Class #163

Postby Akidfrombrooklyn » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:37 pm

Applied February 27th as out of town applicant

Heard back today.
Written and pat may 6th and 7th
Waiting on clearance for further details


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], k_eds, SemrushBot and 11 guests