Re: Winnipeg Police Class #163

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

Busdriver.
Rookie Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:19 pm

Re: Winnipeg Police Class #163

Postby Busdriver. » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:48 pm

Tornelco wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:14 pm
Akidfrombrooklyn wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:23 pm
Man travel wise. I got all u beat. Lol. Try a 27 hour drive from Brooklyn..LOL

Yea I submitted all required documents online on the 27th..Uploaded everything. Havent heard a reply yet.
Brooklyn as in Brooklyn, New York!!? Aha wild. I knew a Mountie who was a Canadian citizen but lived in the UK all his life, Had to fly from the UK to Ottowa for some his steps!
Holly! Brooklyn? You are just on fire. Lol
Maybe they'll group all out of town applicants and book their tests for later? Just my thoughts..... I quess no bad news it's already good news. We just have to wait.

Billybob88
Rookie Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:19 pm

Re: Winnipeg Police Class #163

Postby Billybob88 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:22 am

Hey all, dropped my paperwork off last Thursday in person. Guaranteed i dropped off all required paperwork. I was informed that emails would be sent out within 3 weeks to set up testing dates.

Busdriver.
Rookie Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:19 pm

Re: Winnipeg Police Class #163

Postby Busdriver. » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:30 pm

Billybob88 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:22 am
Hey all, dropped my paperwork off last Thursday in person. Guaranteed i dropped off all required paperwork. I was informed that emails would be sent out within 3 weeks to set up testing dates.
Hey Billybob88!
Thank you for an update! Let's the party started :)

kiwi_wings
Rookie Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:12 pm

Re: Winnipeg Police Class #163

Postby kiwi_wings » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:21 pm

I wonder how many people have applied for this class, there has been a hiring freeze for 2 years so im assuming quite a lot, however it may also mean theyre hiring a larger number too

Billybob88
Rookie Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:19 pm

Re: Winnipeg Police Class #163

Postby Billybob88 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:11 pm

I’m thinking a lot may apply but also heard they may be raking on a lot to prep for upcoming retirements. Maybe 2 larger classes coming up for this recruitment. But all speculation at this point

kiwi_wings
Rookie Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:12 pm

Re: Winnipeg Police Class #163

Postby kiwi_wings » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:43 am

Billybob88 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:11 pm
I’m thinking a lot may apply but also heard they may be raking on a lot to prep for upcoming retirements. Maybe 2 larger classes coming up for this recruitment. But all speculation at this point
Yeah I heard the same. Fingers crossed!

Busdriver.
Rookie Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:19 pm

Re: Winnipeg Police Class #163

Postby Busdriver. » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:05 pm

kiwi_wings wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:43 am
Billybob88 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:11 pm
I’m thinking a lot may apply but also heard they may be raking on a lot to prep for upcoming retirements. Maybe 2 larger classes coming up for this recruitment. But all speculation at this point
Yeah I heard the same. Fingers crossed!
No worries guys, we're all be there! One day..... Maybe... Lol.
For me it's kind of unreal dream. Same as to win lotto max ( not buying ticket but still dreaming ). I wish I could speak English better.... Language is my biggest weak spot. Trying to improve it but still far away from perfect.
Hope one day on this post I'll read from one of you:" I got hired!!!"
I wish best of luck for all of you and myself of course:)

Ron1925
Rookie Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:49 pm

Re: Winnipeg Police Class #163

Postby Ron1925 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:56 pm

I will be doing my WPAT and orientation on March 16 and 24 respectively:)
an ounce of loyalty is worth a pound of cleverness.

Ron1925
Rookie Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:49 pm

Re: Winnipeg Police Class #163

Postby Ron1925 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:58 pm

Does anyone you here got into panel interview before?.
an ounce of loyalty is worth a pound of cleverness.

Tornelco
Regular Member
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:49 pm

Re: Winnipeg Police Class #163

Postby Tornelco » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:45 pm

Ron1925 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:58 pm
Does anyone you here got into panel interview before?.
I made it to a panel interview twice with different agencies. Different style than Winnipeg tho.

Tornelco
Regular Member
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:49 pm

Re: Winnipeg Police Class #163

Postby Tornelco » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:45 pm

Ron1925 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:56 pm
I will be doing my WPAT and orientation on March 16 and 24 respectively:)
When did you apply and when did they contact you to book the exam?

kiwi_wings
Rookie Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:12 pm

Re: Winnipeg Police Class #163

Postby kiwi_wings » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:04 pm

I made it to panel at the last recruitment.

Ron1925
Rookie Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:49 pm

Re: Winnipeg Police Class #163

Postby Ron1925 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:38 pm

Tornelco wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:45 pm
Ron1925 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:56 pm
I will be doing my WPAT and orientation on March 16 and 24 respectively:)
When did you apply and when did they contact you to book the exam?
I did my test last Nov 5. I’ve got a notification from the recruitment that i need to do my WPAT at UofM
an ounce of loyalty is worth a pound of cleverness.

Ron1925
Rookie Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:49 pm

Re: Winnipeg Police Class #163

Postby Ron1925 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:39 pm

kiwi_wings wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:04 pm
I made it to panel at the last recruitment.
Any area should need to focus on the interview?..
an ounce of loyalty is worth a pound of cleverness.

Ron1925
Rookie Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:49 pm

Re: Winnipeg Police Class #163

Postby Ron1925 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:26 pm

Any update with your application? Just heard that this class was about 1200 applicants..Good Luck to us:) :P
an ounce of loyalty is worth a pound of cleverness.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Gordy and 15 guests