Police services and ATS

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Wingman19

Re: Police services and ATS

Postby Wingman19 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:23 pm

Fonthill wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:47 pm
Wingman19 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:45 pm
Fonthill wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:41 pm

My understanding from the website about the use of the Webcam. It might used at the their discretion.

Trust me, if you are going to cheat, you are going to cheat.

Just like locks on people’s doors and such. Locks are only there to keep the honest people out. Locks do not stop the bad person.
You have to turn on your webcam and microphone.
Really. That’s where the accommodation policy will kick in. Web cam and microphone cost money.
The accommodation is they schedule you to drive to a location to physically write it. For a 7-8 minute aptitude test from what I understand.
RCMP ON APP
app: Dec 4 2019
SP sent: Dec 13 2019
SP: Dec16 2019
recom Dec 16 2019
QA review: Dec 23 2019
App recom: Jan 11
PBQ: Feb 10
RMAQ: Feb ???
Many Municipal apps: On-Going

50shadesofdave
Rookie Member

Postby 50shadesofdave » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:17 am

Wingman19 wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:53 pm

Edit: Just called my Credit Card company and they took care of it.
What did you tell your Credit Card company? Just explain the situation or tell that it was fraudulent? I'm in the same boat

50below0
Rookie Member

Postby 50below0 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:04 pm

50shadesofdave wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:17 am
Wingman19 wrote:

What did you tell your Credit Card company? Just explain the situation or tell that it was fraudulent? I'm in the same boat
I just explained the situation to my credit company. They will ask you fora proof that the service is indeed cancelled. i was able to forward email reply from ATS stating they will no longer provide the testing services. You can also say during your call to credit card serv that many people are experiencing the same issue.

Fonthill
Veteran Member

Postby Fonthill » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:22 pm

50below0 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:04 pm
50shadesofdave wrote:
Wingman19 wrote:

I just explained the situation to my credit company. They will ask you fora proof that the service is indeed cancelled. i was able to forward email reply from ATS stating they will no longer provide the testing services. You can also say during your call to credit card serv that many people are experiencing the same issue.
Appears the site isn’t even up and running anymore.
Bunch of fall downs.
Love taken your money and making monopoly off from it
Correctional Officer, CO2

nothof60
Rookie Member

Postby nothof60 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:22 pm

Fonthill wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:22 pm
50below0 wrote:
50shadesofdave wrote:

Appears the site isn’t even up and running anymore.
Bunch of fall downs.
Love taken your money and making monopoly off from it
The site works for me.

Wingman19

Postby Wingman19 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:09 pm

50below0 wrote:
50shadesofdave wrote:
Wingman19 wrote:

The Credit Card company will allow a certain period of time for the merchant (ATS) to respond. I would highly suggest anyone who who attempted ATS, and was successful at Stage 1 and awaiting Stage 2 or failed at Stage 1 to get their money back. I received my Certificate of Results with the new process and used my RCMP hearing/vision forms for municipal applications.

Cheers.
Last edited by Wingman19 on Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RCMP ON APP
recom Dec 16 2019

aksingh
Rookie Member

Postby aksingh » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:31 pm

I know that most individuals including myself are still unfamiliar with the new OACP testing.

To ensure one does well to be considered competitive. How can one prep himself/herself for the new GMA (General Mental Ability Assessment).

Are there any resources one can use to be well prepped beforehand for the GMA ?

Fonthill
Veteran Member

Postby Fonthill » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:56 pm

aksingh wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:31 pm
I know that most individuals including myself are still unfamiliar with the new OACP testing.

To ensure one does well to be considered competitive. How can one prep himself/herself for the new GMA (General Mental Ability Assessment).

Did you receive the email they sent when you applied.

The testing isn’t pass or fail and your marks all depend if the police service you are applying to want to accept you.

Send them and email to get the best answer

Wingman19

Postby Wingman19 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:36 pm

aksingh wrote:

Its really easy. Don't sweat bullets preparing for it. Just make you look fabulous when you turn on the webcam and when you're done the exam, let out a blast of air before you turn off the webcam. All jokes aside, it really assesses how you comprehend the questions under time pressure, just like policing, you have individuals shouting or swearing at you.

Just to elaborate more, you're not suppose to finish all the questions. Unless you're cheating lol.

All the best!
Last edited by Wingman19 on Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RCMP ON APP
recom Dec 16 2019

nothof60
Rookie Member

Postby nothof60 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:27 pm

aksingh wrote:

I'm sure there are a plethora of individuals with the same question. Any guinea pigs..?

50below0
Rookie Member

Postby 50below0 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:39 pm

Fonthill wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:56 pm
aksingh wrote:

The testing isn’t pass or fail and your marks all depend if the police service you are applying to want to accept you.

It doesn't matter its not a pass or fail mark. They still going to see who scored the highest and who scored lowest and base their decision on that as well .

50below0
Rookie Member

Postby 50below0 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:43 pm

Wingman19 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:09 pm
50below0 wrote:
50shadesofdave wrote:

The Credit Card company will allow a certain period of time for the merchant (ATS) to respond. I would highly suggest anyone who who attempted ATS, and was successful at Stage 1 and awaiting Stage 2 or failed at Stage 1 to get their money back. I received my Certificate of Results with the new process and used my RCMP hearing/vision forms for municipal applications.

Cheers.
So , ATS went bankrupt.

devilwoman
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby devilwoman » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:30 pm

Yes, that’s the rumour they did. Which makes me think they committed a huge fraud.

Most companies know their financial situations and usually go through a bankruptcy process which includes lawyers, accountants, financial advisors, etc.. ATS continued to willingly and knowingly take funds from people for tests they knew they’d never provide.

How is it that they aren’t being investigated for this?!?!

I’ve always found ATS shady and this just makes it even worse.
"Don't let someone get comfortable disrespecting you."

Fonthill
Veteran Member

Postby Fonthill » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:15 pm

50below0 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:39 pm
Fonthill wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:56 pm
aksingh wrote:

It doesn't matter its not a pass or fail mark. They still going to see who scored the highest and who scored lowest and base their decision on that as well .
Yep, meaning they can take a low score or high. And if you scored a low mark and know somebody, the low score going to get in.

Love it. More discretion 2020-2021

But 2022 I believe you will need a degree or some type of education which is also good.

Fonthill
Veteran Member

Postby Fonthill » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:33 pm

devilwoman wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:30 pm
Yes, that’s the rumour they did. Which makes me think they committed a huge fraud.

Most companies know their financial situations and usually go through a bankruptcy process which includes lawyers, accountants, financial advisors, etc.. ATS continued to willingly and knowingly take funds from people for tests they knew they’d never provide.

How is it that they aren’t being investigated for this?!?!

I’ve always found ATS shady and this just makes it even worse.
Maybe they have friends in high places. Only thing I can think of. But, maybe they are being investigated, who knows.

If the credit card companies are seeing this trend, they should be contacting the OPP

Bankruptcy in Ontario.

Most commonly, businesses go bankrupt voluntarily. However, a business will become bankrupt if it makes a proposal to its creditors that is not accepted by them, or, the creditors of a business can sometimes push the business into bankruptcy by filing a petition with the court.

I’m guessing a petition with the court was filed if they did go bankrupt