Police services and ATS

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Wingman19

Re: Police services and ATS

Postby Wingman19 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:04 pm

mlangiano wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:22 am
Does anyone know if you can use a scrap piece of paper to complete math equations for the new General Mental Ability Assessment? The instructions say "You are not to take photos or write-down any testing questions for yourself, on behalf of another person, or for financial gain. You may be held civilly liable by the third-party test administrators." I contacted OACP but haven't got a response yet.
Yeah, it tells you can use paper and pen to help you assist in the quantitative part. Honestly, its not even worth it. Just make an educated guess and keep going. Its 7 minutes. Its not a fail or a pass, I was trying to "prepare" for it as well and one day I just came home from work, said "f*ck it, lets do it live* and did all the assessments while I was munching on my bowl of chicken salad and made sure the other person on the screen heard it. Most services will make you do another paper/pen assessment again.

Also, for the "civilly liable" non-sense. That's just to scare you lol.
Last edited by Wingman19 on Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RCMP ON APP
app: Dec 4 2019
SP sent: Dec 13 2019
SP: Dec16 2019
recom Dec 16 2019
QA review: Dec 23 2019
App recom: Jan 11
PBQ: Feb 10
Suitability: Feb 26
RMAQ: Feb ???
Many Municipal apps: On-Going

mlangiano
Rookie Member

Postby mlangiano » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:09 pm

Wingman19 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:04 pm
mlangiano wrote:
Does anyone know if you can use a scrap piece of paper to complete math equations for the new General Mental Ability Assessment? The instructions say "You are not to take photos or write-down any testing questions for yourself, on behalf of another person, or for financial gain. You may be held civilly liable by the third-party test administrators." I contacted OACP but haven't got a response yet.
Yeah, it tells you can use paper and pen to help you assist in the quantitative part. Honestly, its not even worth it. Just make an educated guess and keep going. Its 7 minutes. Its not a fail or a pass, I was trying to "prepare" for it as well and one day I just came home from work, said "f*ck it, lets do it live* and did all the assessments while I was munching on my bowl of chicken salad and made sure the other person on the screen heard it. Most services will make you do another paper/pen assessment again.
Thanks for the reply. I've looked EVERYWHERE and can't find where it says I can use a pen and paper. Where did you see that?

Wingman19

Postby Wingman19 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:14 pm

mlangiano wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:09 pm
Wingman19 wrote:
mlangiano wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I've looked EVERYWHERE and can't find where it says I can use a pen and paper. Where did you see that?
It will tell you when you're about to do the test. Gives you information, a sample test, then the actual test starts with a timer. Trust me, you're not going to need it!
RCMP ON APP
app: Dec 4 2019
SP sent: Dec 13 2019
SP: Dec16 2019
recom Dec 16 2019
QA review: Dec 23 2019
App recom: Jan 11
PBQ: Feb 10
Suitability: Feb 26
RMAQ: Feb ???
Many Municipal apps: On-Going

mlangiano
Rookie Member

Postby mlangiano » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:25 pm

Wingman19 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:14 pm
mlangiano wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:09 pm
Wingman19 wrote:

It will tell you when you're about to do the test. Gives you information, a sample test, then the actual test starts with a timer. Trust me, you're not going to need it!
Awesome thanks for your help

pjm3586
Rookie Member

Postby pjm3586 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:20 pm

Hello everyone,

I am trying to complete the OACP from the UK.

It won't allow me to pay for it because my billing address is not Canada, and there is no option to change it.

I have emailed support and have not yet received a reply.

Has anyone had a similar problem, or advise whether this has to be completed 'in Canada?'

Thanks

Fonthill
Veteran Member

Postby Fonthill » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:54 pm

pjm3586 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:20 pm
Hello everyone,

It won't allow me to pay for it because my billing address is not Canada, and there is no option to change it.

Has anyone had a similar problem, or advise whether this has to be completed 'in Canada?'

Thanks
It uses PayPal and can only use PayPal

Are you using the new testing site ?

Don’t use ATS. They went bankrupt
Correctional Officer, CO2

pjm3586
Rookie Member

Postby pjm3586 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:27 am

Fonthill wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:54 pm
pjm3586 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.

Yep, using the new site.

I have received a reply and said the issue will be resolved in 24-48 hours!

Fonthill
Veteran Member

Postby Fonthill » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:28 am

pjm3586 wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:27 am
Fonthill wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:54 pm
pjm3586 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.

Yep, using the new site.

I have received a reply and said the issue will be resolved in 24-48 hours!
Great to hear.

They are extremely busy.

I see your from the UK. MUST be a permanent resident of Canada to apply. No need to say if your not. Just giving a heads up.

MC07
Rookie Member

Postby MC07 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:47 pm

Anyone recall if the results for Stage 2 of ATS were sent by mail or bye-mail?

And can anyone confirm if the ATS vision and hearing tests would still be accepted?

Fonthill
Veteran Member

Postby Fonthill » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:31 pm

MC07 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:47 pm

And can anyone confirm if the ATS vision and hearing tests would still be accepted?
Look here ——> https://oacpcertificate.ca/

I would advise you to read first

La la land ? Lol

They went bankrupt

nothof60
Rookie Member

Postby nothof60 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:38 pm

MC07 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:47 pm

Stage two would be confirmed by mail by way of your certificate. And yes, vision and hearing will be accepted as long as they are not expired.