CN Police

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Rareform
Seasoned Member

Re: CN Police

Postby Rareform » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:45 am

TripleChev wrote:Look at the price of housing and the overall cost of living and you'll see why....

I would imagine (from what I keep hearing) the low starting wage for a fresh 5th class rail constable probably doesn't help either..
Special Constable
“Always remember, others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself.”

BCfiveoh
Rookie Member

Postby BCfiveoh » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:01 pm

Does anyone know where they get trained? Also, if after a few years you decide to apply to a city police force, are you considered an exepmt candidate?

Rareform
Seasoned Member

Postby Rareform » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:34 pm

BCfiveoh wrote:Does anyone know where they get trained? Also, if after a few years you decide to apply to a city police force, are you considered an exepmt candidate?

In BC, they get trained at the Justice Institute of BC in New Westminster. Unless they're enough of them, they get lumped in with the police class of another agency.

CN & CP have deals with their respective provinces on where they train their officers.
Special Constable
“Always remember, others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself.”

No 20 Year Medal
King Poobah

Postby No 20 Year Medal » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:55 pm

All new recruits now go to the Ontario Police College for the full Basic Constable Training course unless they've already completed it (or the equivalent) as a police officer in a previous life.
POLICE CONSTABLE

My patch traders page: http://public.fotki.com/No20YearMedal/

Rareform
Seasoned Member

Postby Rareform » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:01 pm

No 20 Year Medal wrote:All new recruits now go to the Ontario Police College for the full Basic Constable Training course unless they've already completed it (or the equivalent) as a police officer in a previous life.

When you say all new recruits go to OPC. Is that just for the province of Ontario or all recruits across Canada?
Special Constable

No 20 Year Medal
King Poobah

Postby No 20 Year Medal » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:06 pm

Across Canada. I was on a course at OPC last year and talked to a CN copper taking the Basic Constable Training course who told me.
POLICE CONSTABLE

My patch traders page: http://public.fotki.com/No20YearMedal/

HiPowered
Veteran Member

Postby HiPowered » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:00 pm

If any CN Police officers are on here and willing to answer questions, please PM me.

Thanks.

Hopeful-1
Rookie Member

Postby Hopeful-1 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:42 pm

Has anyone heard anything back about the last few postings for new hires? Just curious. People have to be getting hired, just never hear of anything on here.
Rigaud - Aug 2017 - withdrawl injured during CDT

HiPowered
Veteran Member

Postby HiPowered » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:12 pm

Hopeful-1 wrote:Has anyone heard anything back about the last few postings for new hires? Just curious. People have to be getting hired, just never hear of anything on here.

I spoke with an Insp with CNPS and apparently the most recent positions are all for experienced officers only.

Hopeful-1
Rookie Member

Postby Hopeful-1 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:46 am

HiPowered wrote:
Hopeful-1 wrote:Has anyone heard anything back about the last few postings for new hires? Just curious. People have to be getting hired, just never hear of anything on here.

I spoke with an Insp with CNPS and apparently the most recent positions are all for experienced officers only.

Thanks
Rigaud - Aug 2017 - withdrawl injured during CDT

gharkis
Rookie Member

Postby gharkis » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:39 pm

A good friend of mine is a Sgt with CNPS. Almost all the previous and future postings will be going to laterals.
Applied: 06/2012
GCT 2/WCPT: 08/2013 - Passed
MMPI/16-PF: 12/2013 - Passed
Stress Interview: 12/2013 - Passed
Interview: 11/2013 - Passed
Clearance: 01/2014 - Passed
Medical: 11/2013 - Passed
OITP: 06/2014 - Complete
Rigaud: 07/2014
Graduation: 11/2014

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Thu May 18, 2017 12:19 pm

CN is looking to fill Surrey posting if anyone is interested.

https://ca.indeed.com/m/jobs?q=Cn+Rail

Back to the listApply
Auto req ID 7921BR
Police Officer
With more than 20,000 employees in North America, CN has a rich history and a promising future. We're more than just a railroad. We are a transportation company that offers integrated solutions such as rail, intermodal, truck, transit shipping, warehousing and distribution. Are you ready to make a difference in the world of transportation with CN?

CN Police is recruiting for a Constable in Surrey, BC. Through the concept of Customer Oriented Policing, each constable is assigned a specific territory for which he/she will be the customer contact for all policing and security needs.

Constables will be required to familiarize themselves with their territory and maintain contact with CN personnel.

Responsibilities:
Develop working partnerships with municipal, provincial and federal officials, as well as with major industries and local businesses that impact CN.
Identify high-risk locations and develop subsequent action plans to secure and prevent losses.
Responsible for the investigation and prosecution of all criminal incidents and are actively involved in the enforcement and promotion of federal and provincial laws dealing with railway safety.

The successful applicant will:
Have successfully completed an accredited law enforcement program or equivalent
Have been a police officer for at least 7 years
Have leadership experience
Possess sound judgment, professionalism, be autonomous and demonstrate initiative
Recognized by their peers
Possess a strong ability to make tough decisions in a timely manner
Be certified/or be able to certify for First Aid and CPR
Possess a valid drivers' license
Reside within 50 KM of posting
Knowledge of both official languages is preferable.

Working Conditions:
Frequent travel (preventive patrols) over a large geographical area.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants in the geographical area
... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.

Rareform
Seasoned Member

Postby Rareform » Mon May 22, 2017 5:01 pm

CN Police are also looking to fill positions in Edmonton, Grande Prairie and Chilliwack as well - experienced Constables only.

Edmonton
https://goo.gl/NufSpM

Grande Prairie
https://goo.gl/e6OA7f

Chilliwack
https://goo.gl/K0dNJM
Special Constable

Rareform
Seasoned Member

Postby Rareform » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:04 pm

Surprisingly, CN Police is looking to hire a recruit for Surrey, BC and Edmonton, AB. Just saw this and figured I'd post this here for interested parties.

Surrey
https://cn360.csod.com/ats/careersite/J ... spx?id=754

Edmonton
https://cn360.csod.com/ats/careersite/J ... spx?id=755
Special Constable

whatsmy10-20
Rookie Member

Postby whatsmy10-20 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:41 am

Does anyone know what the application process is like? I can probably imagine its the same for other departments but I feel like I'm just looking at any other job posting the way its laid out lol. Web page seems to be very vague too. Is there an aptitude test? Physical testing? Polygraph obviously?
CSC Contractor

RCMP Applicant (BC)
Applied: 2018/12/21