Question about ATS dress code ?

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Tony1983
Rookie Member

Question about ATS dress code ?

Postby Tony1983 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:16 am

Hi there
Tomorrow I'm going to ATS for the first time. I feel prepared. However I was wondering about dress code. Should I go there in shirt and tie or will casual clothes do? Also any other recomandatios and suggestions are very welcome and appreciated.

Proteus
Rookie Member

Re: Question about ATS dress code ?

Postby Proteus » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:10 am

If you're doing the PATI/WCT/PREP stage then just wear your gym clothes. At the BPAD you can wear business casual but don't overdo it... ATS is an external organization to any police service you'll be applying to so you don't really have to impress them besides with your test scores.

devilwoman
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby devilwoman » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:53 am

I wore gym clothes for written and PREP. BPAD I wore casual....not business casual....

ATS does not care. All they care for is that you pay.
"Don't let someone get comfortable disrespecting you."

mack_silent
Rookie Member

Postby mack_silent » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:56 am

There are zero recruiters anywhere near an ATS testing event, so wear something comfortable... rinse and repeat every 6 months for the physical recerts.

Avoid vibram or other toe shoes, the gym floors are hard and shoes lacking a proper sole will result in ankle pain.
KCCO. Wake up. Kick butt. Repeat.

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Postby Dave Brown » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:18 pm

Seriously? How prepared are you for a law enforcement career when you need to ask something not much more basic than should you wear pants to a test session. Do you even know what ATS does?

You have gotten good advice above about the gym session. As for testing, wear something that you like and are comfortable in and doesn't make you look like a douche.

Bottom line. If you are comfortable in a tie, wear a tie. Or not. No one is going to care. Just don't look like a douche.

When you get there, you would be surprised by the amount of people who actually think sweatpants are appropriate attire to wear in public. It really doesn't matter if recruiters are there or not at ATS sessions. (And, yes, they are not.) It's not an all-night WalMart at 3AM.