Wtf rcmp hiring....???

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
dataec
Poobah Overlord

Wtf rcmp hiring....???

Postby dataec » Sun May 01, 2016 5:53 pm

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/politics/rc ... -1.3561511

Won't it just be easier to disband and give the existing resources over to prov, regional and muni?

Interesting recruiting "strategy". I wonder how successful this new approach will be compared to all the other ones.

dmifflin
Rookie Member

Re: Wtf rcmp hiring....???

Postby dmifflin » Sun May 01, 2016 6:12 pm

I have no place to question the decisions that went into this, but can any current or past members shed some light on why the RMSI and PARE were removed? Are the RCMP not keeping up with attrition?

Floydie
Seasoned Member

Postby Floydie » Sun May 01, 2016 6:41 pm

Wow
CX-1 @ Millhaven

Mr. Islander
Seasoned Member

Postby Mr. Islander » Sun May 01, 2016 8:08 pm

Last edited by Mr. Islander on Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mack_silent
Rookie Member

Postby mack_silent » Sun May 01, 2016 8:25 pm

The way I'm looking at it (optimist) is that RCMP is trusting their depot trainers to bring anyone arriving up to service standard.

Still... I'm concered to know someone could be arriving for training with a potential 10+ minute PARE time -or- lacking the competencies that would be tested in an RMSI.
KCCO. Wake up. Kick butt. Repeat.

th
Veteran Member

Postby th » Sun May 01, 2016 8:35 pm

Obviously I have no inside scoop, but how I read the article, it sounds like they're ditching the PARE as part of the initial application. Once you're through the the interview and background, then you have to submit a PARE certificate. I could be wrong, but that's how I'm reading it.

Edit: Just read the RCMP website and I was wrong ... you don't run the PARE until you arrive at DEPOT ... that's putting a lot of faith in applicants ...
:wave:

Madeline236
Grand Poobah

Postby Madeline236 » Sun May 01, 2016 9:17 pm

Wow, this makes sense. Pass fatty (sorry to not be PC) through and spend all the time and money on his application not to mention turning down others only to find out he cant pass the PARE and flunks out. What a waste of money. Unless of course they give pity passes on the PARE once they make it that far. Way back when I was in CAF basic they were just starting this mercy pass thing. "Oh this person is one we really want (for whatever box checked in the application that looked good) so who cares if they fall just a bit short, can't do enough chin ups? Its ok, you pass. Can't finish the 10 mile forced march after 5 miles? Its ok, you pass." Welcome to the millennials coming of age and bringing their "everyone's a winner philosophy" with them.

Yup, who'll be the winner that gets the out of shape moron as a partner?

As far as the Testing exemption. As much as I'd gladly take the exemption who is the wonder brain that decided if you went to University you obviously have the aptitude to be a cop? :roll: :roll: :roll:

acegman
Rookie Member

Postby acegman » Sun May 01, 2016 9:45 pm

I dont agree with the changes but my opinion means nothing lol. That whole, you dont have to be a citizen is a little wack. Isnt this canadas police? :? I was deferred at the rmsi stage 2 weeks ago. Does that still count? Lol

Ziggy Stardust
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Ziggy Stardust » Sun May 01, 2016 10:25 pm

Coming from CBSA where we've been moving toward RCMP hiring practices for the past several years - the world has just been turned upside down.
Last edited by Ziggy Stardust on Sun May 01, 2016 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The true test of a man’s character is what he does when no one is watching." - John Wooden

Matt_YRP
Rookie Member

Postby Matt_YRP » Sun May 01, 2016 10:35 pm

I feel bad for all those who worked hard to get the job, then reading this.

Rareform
Seasoned Member

Postby Rareform » Sun May 01, 2016 10:44 pm

So, I no longer have to run the PARE until Depot and as a recent university graduate I don't have to write the RPAB and I don't have to do the RMSI? I don't know what is going on at RCMP HQ, so I can't comment or speculate. But having said that, why?

As was previously mentioned, at least they're keeping the integrity/lifestyle portion and the polygraph. I knew the RCMP were fairly shorthanded, but I didn't know they were short enough that HQ was willing to cut out a couple of requirements.

Guess that explains why a person I know hasn't been required to do the PARE, yet has basically just finished the final steps of her application.

Well hmm... :|

Edit: just read the website, didn't they also require applicants to be clean of any criminal activity both detected and undetected for minimum 3-5 years? I ask because it only says 1 year.
Last edited by Rareform on Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Special Constable
“Always remember, others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself.”

SSick99
Rookie Member

Postby SSick99 » Sun May 01, 2016 11:46 pm

Classic RCMP. If they hadn't turned down so many solid applicants for travesty deferrals, I'm sure they wouldn't be having this problem to this extent. Good job. :ponder: :thumbsup: :roll:
Municipal Dept: HIRED!
RCMP BC:
RPAB: Aug/14
RMAQ: Nov/14
RMSI: Nov/14
PARE1: Jan/15 - 3:09
PEP: Jun/15
BGI: Sep/15
MED: July/15
PARE2: July/15 - 3:08
PSYC: July/15
FR: Sep/15 - Deferred 5 years - Another loss for RCMP

Ducatiram
Rookie Member

Postby Ducatiram » Mon May 02, 2016 12:27 am

Why make the pare mandatory to pass at all. Half the members on the street can't run it.

If you're going to make cadets pass it might as well make all members pass it yearly. It's not hard.

BST
Rookie Member

Postby BST » Mon May 02, 2016 12:30 am

so stupid..... I wonder how some of the RM's that went through hell back in the day are going to like this..