*** ASK AN ONTARIO RCMP RECRUITER ***

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Wingman19
Regular Member
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:15 am
Contact:

Re: *** ASK AN ONTARIO RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby Wingman19 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:07 pm

VanSmack wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:37 pm
Wingman19 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:13 am
. You might make it through and get posted to Nunavut to guard polar bears up there.
First, if you aren’t a Moderator or a recruiter you shouldn’t be responding to questions in here.

Second, as someone who spent a significant number of years policing in Nunavut as well as three other divisions, the above quoted line is not only ignorant and insulting, but is completely out to lunch. Some of the busiest and best places to learn the job are places in Nunavut, and to make it sound like going to Nunavut is something hokey like guarding polar bears (something I’ve never heard of an RCMP officer in Nunavut ever actually have to do) or is somehow less desirable than somewhere else is flat out wrong. I know way more people who worked in the Arctic, left to wherever it was that they thought was their dream posting close to their hometown or whatever, only to realize they missed more about working in the north than they believed they gained when they transferred out.
Noted! My apologies!
RCMP ON APP
app: Dec 4 2019
SP sent: Dec 13 2019
SP: Dec16 2019
recom Dec 16 2019
QA review: Dec 23 2019
App recom: Jan 11
PBQ: Feb 10
Suitability: Feb 26
RMAQ: :swords:
Many Municipal apps: On-Going

User avatar
Pete Broccolo
Moderator
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2001 1:01 am
Location: Weyburn SK Canada
Contact:

Re: *** ASK AN ONTARIO RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby Pete Broccolo » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:28 am

EastCoast1 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:35 pm
Apologies Mr Broccolo and that was about something else . No intent to “ bait “ or what ever . Was not aware of that rule .

All my questions were answered so no need to stir more shit .
This was the DUMBEST response you could have made; the best would have been none. THIS will remain for hysterical purposes.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad (*), Father-In-Law, & Grampa (*+2)

User avatar
N_McKenna
Rookie Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:29 pm
Location: Vancouver Island
Contact:

Re: *** ASK AN ONTARIO RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby N_McKenna » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:45 pm

VanSmack wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:37 pm
Wingman19 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:13 am
. You might make it through and get posted to Nunavut to guard polar bears up there.
First, if you aren’t a Moderator or a recruiter you shouldn’t be responding to questions in here.

Second, as someone who spent a significant number of years policing in Nunavut as well as three other divisions, the above quoted line is not only ignorant and insulting, but is completely out to lunch. Some of the busiest and best places to learn the job are places in Nunavut, and to make it sound like going to Nunavut is something hokey like guarding polar bears (something I’ve never heard of an RCMP officer in Nunavut ever actually have to do) or is somehow less desirable than somewhere else is flat out wrong. I know way more people who worked in the Arctic, left to wherever it was that they thought was their dream posting close to their hometown or whatever, only to realize they missed more about working in the north than they believed they gained when they transferred out.
What are the chances of getting a posting like Nunavut right out of depot if it’s requested ? Is it a sought after post?

Stripes
Rookie Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:06 am
Contact:

Re: *** ASK AN ONTARIO RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby Stripes » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:07 am

Territorial postings are ones the Cadet has to ask for... and be recommended for by the Depot team. There are a few that get posted to a Territory right out of Depot.
V Division

User avatar
N_McKenna
Rookie Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:29 pm
Location: Vancouver Island
Contact:

Re: *** ASK AN ONTARIO RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby N_McKenna » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:58 am

Stripes wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:07 am
Territorial postings are ones the Cadet has to ask for... and be recommended for by the Depot team. There are a few that get posted to a Territory right out of Depot.
Thanks stripes

attiexlol
Rookie Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:35 am
Contact:

Re: *** ASK AN ONTARIO RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby attiexlol » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:29 am

I've been wanting to apply to the RCMP for 2 years now. However, I am unable to apply due to my vision. My corrected vision meets the standards but my uncorrected vision does not. I've visited many eye surgery clinics but they have all told me that I am not suitable due to my cornea.

Is there any chance for me to apply as an RCMP constable? Is there any sort of vision waiver?

Thank you for your help.

Ont. RCMP Recruiter
Rookie Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:55 am
Contact:

Re: *** ASK AN ONTARIO RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby Ont. RCMP Recruiter » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:11 pm

Hi attiexlol,

Unfortunately there is no waiver and no exceptions. The basic standards are the basic standards for everyone, corrected and more importantly uncorrected vision. You must meet these in order to apply.

Imran

attiexlol
Rookie Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:35 am
Contact:

Re: *** ASK AN ONTARIO RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby attiexlol » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:48 pm

Ont. RCMP Recruiter wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:11 pm
Hi attiexlol,

Unfortunately there is no waiver and no exceptions. The basic standards are the basic standards for everyone, corrected and more importantly uncorrected vision. You must meet these in order to apply.

Imran
Thank you. Guess RCMP just isn't for me.

Armsy
Rookie Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:15 pm
Contact:

Re: *** ASK AN ONTARIO RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby Armsy » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:47 pm

Hello,

I am about to complete the online RCMP application. Under the education section there is a question about post secondary university. I am in my 4th year of University and am set to graduate at the end of April, but I probably will not receive my diploma until May. If I applied before then could I check off the box that says I have a post secondary education? Would this be ok since I know you don't need to submit proof of education until you are asked to submit all the various forms outlined in step 3 on the RCMP website. I know you only need a high school diploma but I figure I might as well use my degree to avoid writing the RCMP entrance exam.

Thanks for your help.

User avatar
N_McKenna
Rookie Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:29 pm
Location: Vancouver Island
Contact:

Re: *** ASK AN ONTARIO RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby N_McKenna » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:08 pm

After reading the forums I've seen a lot of applicants state they are at "Final Suitability" or "Security Clearance" portions of their process. Are these different stages? or just different terminology used.
Thanks

Ont. RCMP Recruiter
Rookie Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:55 am
Contact:

Re: *** ASK AN ONTARIO RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby Ont. RCMP Recruiter » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:01 am

I'll answer a couple of questions here.

Firstly, to Armsy

It's pretty simple, after you're successfully passed your final exams you would have earned the degree. Even though you don't physically have it in your hands it was still awarded to you. The questions must be answered honestly as of today. So despite you being in your final year/semester/week you haven't actually earned the degree unless you've passed your final exams. Honesty and integrity are the two most important aspects of the application process. So answer the question as of the date you're submitting the online application.

Second question from N_Mckenna

There is a difference between the final suitability and the security clearance. But there is a lot of grey in between. And at some levels they're done at the same time. The security clearance deals with obtaining a Government of Canada clearance and an RCMP clearance. The final suitability deals with all aspects of the applicants files, including the security clearance, medical etc. This is an overall look at an applicant's file to determine if they are suitable to be RCMP officers. Just to add more confusion here, at several steps in the process an applicant's file is reviewed for suitability as well. So after you've submitted your selection package, we will conduct a suitability review to see if you should move on to the next step in the process. After the two telephone interviews we again do a suitability review. After the polygraph and so on.

Imran

User avatar
N_McKenna
Rookie Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:29 pm
Location: Vancouver Island
Contact:

Re: *** ASK AN ONTARIO RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby N_McKenna » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:30 pm

Ont. RCMP Recruiter wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:01 am
I'll answer a couple of questions here.

Firstly, to Armsy

It's pretty simple, after you're successfully passed your final exams you would have earned the degree. Even though you don't physically have it in your hands it was still awarded to you. The questions must be answered honestly as of today. So despite you being in your final year/semester/week you haven't actually earned the degree unless you've passed your final exams. Honesty and integrity are the two most important aspects of the application process. So answer the question as of the date you're submitting the online application.

Second question from N_Mckenna

There is a difference between the final suitability and the security clearance. But there is a lot of grey in between. And at some levels they're done at the same time. The security clearance deals with obtaining a Government of Canada clearance and an RCMP clearance. The final suitability deals with all aspects of the applicants files, including the security clearance, medical etc. This is an overall look at an applicant's file to determine if they are suitable to be RCMP officers. Just to add more confusion here, at several steps in the process an applicant's file is reviewed for suitability as well. So after you've submitted your selection package, we will conduct a suitability review to see if you should move on to the next step in the process. After the two telephone interviews we again do a suitability review. After the polygraph and so on.

Imran
Thanks Imran

Armsy
Rookie Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:15 pm
Contact:

Re: *** ASK AN ONTARIO RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby Armsy » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:12 pm

Ont. RCMP Recruiter wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:01 am
I'll answer a couple of questions here.

Firstly, to Armsy

It's pretty simple, after you're successfully passed your final exams you would have earned the degree. Even though you don't physically have it in your hands it was still awarded to you. The questions must be answered honestly as of today. So despite you being in your final year/semester/week you haven't actually earned the degree unless you've passed your final exams. Honesty and integrity are the two most important aspects of the application process. So answer the question as of the date you're submitting the online application.

Second question from N_Mckenna

There is a difference between the final suitability and the security clearance. But there is a lot of grey in between. And at some levels they're done at the same time. The security clearance deals with obtaining a Government of Canada clearance and an RCMP clearance. The final suitability deals with all aspects of the applicants files, including the security clearance, medical etc. This is an overall look at an applicant's file to determine if they are suitable to be RCMP officers. Just to add more confusion here, at several steps in the process an applicant's file is reviewed for suitability as well. So after you've submitted your selection package, we will conduct a suitability review to see if you should move on to the next step in the process. After the two telephone interviews we again do a suitability review. After the polygraph and so on.

Imran
Thank you for answering my question Imran!

argyll
Rookie Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:14 pm
Contact:

Re: *** ASK AN ONTARIO RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby argyll » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:12 am

Nice to see Pete and Van still keeping things on track in here after a few years away.

I echo the comments about V. I did one tour, came South and then went straight back up. Awesome policing.

User avatar
Pete Broccolo
Moderator
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2001 1:01 am
Location: Weyburn SK Canada
Contact:

Re: *** ASK AN ONTARIO RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby Pete Broccolo » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:23 pm

argyll wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:12 am
Nice to see Pete and Van still keeping things on track in here after a few years away.

I echo the comments about V. I did one tour, came South and then went straight back up. Awesome policing.
Son, is that REALLY you?!
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad (*), Father-In-Law, & Grampa (*+2)


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], jordan442, SemrushBot, Tourand92, whatamiseeing and 12 guests