*** ASK AN ONTARIO RCMP RECRUITER ***

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
lwilson23
Rookie Member

Re: *** ASK AN ONTARIO RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby lwilson23 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:41 pm

Have you ever had any experience with couples attending depot together, or starting within a few weeks of each other? Is this something that can be negotiated or is it frowned upon?

Thank you!

hrcn0082
Rookie Member

Postby hrcn0082 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:30 am

I been talking to my girlfriend about RCMP. I guess our main concern is Posting as she does not want to give up her career and does not want to stay at home all day.

can I pick my posting in a area which is beneficial for my partner?

Thank you.
Tps
Application: April 15th, 2019
PBQ/LFI: May 14th, 2019
ECI/LFI: May 23rd, 2019
MMPI-2: June 5th, 2019
Psychological Assessment: June 14th, 2019
Deferral Letter: June 21st, 2019

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:34 pm

hrcn0082 wrote:I been talking to my girlfriend about RCMP. I guess our main concern is Posting as she does not want to give up her career and does not want to stay at home all day.

can I pick my posting in a area which is beneficial for my partner?

Thank you.

Short answer; no.

Long answer: review this thread and General Chit Chat.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad, Father-In-Law, & Grampa(x6)

stanrip
Rookie Member

Postby stanrip » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:59 pm

Hi There,

I am currently waiting for my PEP examination to be scheduled. I understand there is a huge back log in this particular step. I have been waiting for a month now, do you know roughly how long it usually takes to get one scheduled.

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:30 pm

stanrip wrote:Hi There,

I am currently waiting for my PEP examination to be scheduled. I understand there is a huge back log in this particular step. I have been waiting for a month now, do you know roughly how long it usually takes to get one scheduled.

Between tomorrow and never.
Read through the forums.

lwilson23
Rookie Member

Postby lwilson23 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:05 pm

VanSmack wrote:
lwilson23 wrote:Have you ever had any experience with couples attending depot together, or starting within a few weeks of each other? Is this something that can be negotiated or is it frowned upon?

Thank you!

Married couples at Depot in different troops definitely happens, I don’t think I’ve ever heard about them being in the same troop.

As far as it being “negotiated,” no, your offer will come if/when your file gets to the point where they make an offer. If you have a reason to ask for a troop date a little further down the line you can make that case at the time, but I doubt trying to delay your troop to be in the same troop as your wife would be a winning proposition, and honestly I doubt having your spouse in the same troop would be beneficial to anyone, anyway.

Thank you, and yeah we definitely wouldn't want the same troop. But we also would like to start/graduate within a reasonable time frame of each other. Will they post couples in the same detachment or to a neighboring detachment? Again, we are thinking we would want to work within a reasonable commute from home but not necessarily be in the same detachment.

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:36 pm

VanSmack wrote:
lwilson23 wrote:Thank you, and yeah we definitely wouldn't want the same troop. But we also would like to start/graduate within a reasonable time frame of each other. Will they post couples in the same detachment or to a neighboring detachment? Again, we are thinking we would want to work within a reasonable commute from home but not necessarily be in the same detachment.

Married couples will be staffed in a manner that they should not need to live in separate residences, be that in a large detachment on different shifts or at neighbouring detachments that are both within a reasonable driving distance for both members.

That won’t necessarily mean that you’ll end up where you might think your first choices would be.

Member couples with years of service have not always been well-accomodated, so if this is a concern for you two, you may as well apply to a Municipal PS.

QuebecXray
Rookie Member

Postby QuebecXray » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:49 pm

Hiya folks.

My references/employers have just been called and the field investigator called me to let me know my file was complete on his side. What's next?

Also, are there any books I should read to gain knowledge to prepare if ever I receive a conditional offer?

P.

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:16 pm

QuebecXray wrote:Hiya folks.

My references/employers have just been called and the field investigator called me to let me know my file was complete on his side. What's next?

Also, are there any books I should read to gain knowledge to prepare if ever I receive a conditional offer?

P.

You are new to the forums, so read this thread and the General Chit Chat thread.

Canakar
Rookie Member

Postby Canakar » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:34 pm

Does Ontario police realistically consider Saskatchewan applicants?

Considering there are so many applicants from with in Ontario that are qualified, and due to the recent surge of applications, a competitive factor is high.

Thanks
SK
07.02.18 LASIK
07.03.18 Online App. submitted
16.03.18 SP Received
30.03.18 SP Sent
12.04.18 Confirmation of SP
15.05.18 SP Rev
14.06.18 RMAQ rev
26.06.18 RMAQ sent
25.07.18 RMAQ rev'd by NCO
01.08.18 PEP invite
06.09.28 PEP

livinthelife
Rookie Member

Postby livinthelife » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:10 am

Hello,

Great open forum to read and learn some things about the process for the RCMP. I have tried the "chit chat" forum with no luck from other applicants or veterans with a priority hire status. I am hoping a recruiter might be able to provide some insight into a national item vs a provincial process.

I learned from National Processing Centre (20 Aug, 2018) that there will be a tool to implement an "applicant tracking system" for priority hire processing, my file went along fairly quickly (email every 4 to 6 days). But when I changed analyst, it has been 25 days since my RMAQ phone call. Does a recruiter know if the tracking tool has been implemented yet?

It seems part of an application process to change analyst multiple times. I don't want to poke the bear, as I know that feeling from applicants as I did a posting as a military recruiter over my career. Sometimes the inquiry was perfect though and allowed me to action my chain of command to new techniques for certain targets/trades/priorities. I am debating on contacting my new analyst about my status for my poly graph.

I read a post from Vansmack about waiting for a poly for some serious incidents for investigations.. My area just got hit with a a few incidents(Publicly known anyways), and there is one local polygraphist in my area (City) and one member 4 to 5 hours away. Thanks for sharing that there are only operational members to interview us, and not dedicated members for testing.