*** ASK AN ONTARIO RCMP RECRUITER ***

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Godenzo_0n
Rookie Member

Re: *** ASK AN ONTARIO RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby Godenzo_0n » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:25 am

Hello Michelle, thank you for providing this forum to answer our questions. I have a unique situation in my life that I would like some advice. In September, I received email notifying that I have moved to the PEP stage (have my PEP scheduled late Nov now). Shortly after, my dad passed away at the end of September. Because of this, I need to leave Canada for around 3 weeks to settle his estate overseas. I am currently thinking of January to settle his estate as soon as possible. How best should I approach this situation so that I would not impact my application process time-wise?
ON Applicant
Applied: 2017-06-13
SP: 2017-07-10
RMAQ Review: 2017-08-17
PEP:2017-11-30
PEP follow-up: 2017-12-08

hallmarker
Rookie Member

Postby hallmarker » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:59 pm

Hi Michelle,

1. I have just submitted my application. I am curious about the French - I did very well on the written test on the application. How does this get weighed in? I don't feel necessarily comfortable with a French speaking position, but are courses offered?

2. I have already begun the process of the hearing and vision tests, with my hearing done last week and the vision later this week. Is this too early? I am a university graduate. I just figured I would speed things along for Step 3.

Thank you!
RCMP ON Applicant
Online App - Nov 2017
QA Review - Jan 2018
RMAQ Interview - Feb 2018
PEP - April 2018
PEP Approval - June 2018
BGI - June 2018
Med - July 2018
Psych - Aug 2018
Psych 2 - Scheduled Mar 2019
withdrawing :wave:

Ont. RCMP Recruiter
Rookie Member

Postby Ont. RCMP Recruiter » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:27 pm

Hi Godenzo_On

I am sorry for the loss of your father. I hope that his estate closing goes as smoothly as possible for you.

After the polygraph stage, sometimes an applicant is contacted for further clarification/follow up by a suitability reviewer. So prior to leaving, I would notify your Processing Recruiter that you will be out of country for the specified period of time. Most contact is made via epost, so if you have access to your emails it would be prudent to be checking them. This way there will be no missed contact or delay in your file.

Best regards,

Michelle

Ont. RCMP Recruiter
Rookie Member

Postby Ont. RCMP Recruiter » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:40 pm

Hi Hallmarker,

Being proficient in English and/or French is a basic requirement. So if you are fully proficient in either of those languages you are can apply to the RCMP. You do not need to be bilingual. But being proficient in both official languages or any other language is another skill set that will aid you when you are within our organization for career opportunities and advancement.

In order to start your application with the RCMP you are required to obtain your hearing and vision exams prior to applying via JOBS.GC.CA

Michelle

Godenzo_0n
Rookie Member

Postby Godenzo_0n » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:17 pm

Thank you Michelle!
ON Applicant
Applied: 2017-06-13
SP: 2017-07-10
RMAQ Review: 2017-08-17
PEP:2017-11-30
PEP follow-up: 2017-12-08

hallmarker
Rookie Member

Postby hallmarker » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:42 pm

Thank you kindly, Michelle!
RCMP ON Applicant
Online App - Nov 2017
QA Review - Jan 2018
PEP - April 2018
PEP Approval - June 2018
BGI - June 2018
Med - July 2018
Psych - Aug 2018

Galadriel0718
Rookie Member

Postby Galadriel0718 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:03 pm

Hi Michelle,

I am interested in working with the RCMP, I am just wondering what the chances are looking like for an Ontario detachment? I am currently employed with the Government of Canada and facing issues with trying to return to Ontario after being posted to the Praries so I was just wondering if I might be better off just going with OPP. I have a young daughter in Ontario.

Thanks!
Former SBSO turned full-time BSO. I've been through it all and happy to share my experiences with others looking to get into CSBA as a temporary or full-time career.

Pete Broccolo

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Pete Broccolo » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:13 pm

Galadriel0718 wrote:
Shawshank wrote:
Galadriel0718 wrote:Hmm ok - I applied last night and got the email about it being moved to the next stage already. What are the chances looking like for Ontario? Currently having placement issues for Ontario within the PSC so not sure if i should continue on this route or just OPP.
:ponder:

0...0 is a percent. Honestly, on that line, OPP would be the choice for you. VERY few people go to Ontario.

Thanks Shawshank - think I will go that route after all!

Yep, drop the RCMP application, and hit up the OPP, if you wish to stay somewhere bounded by MB, QC, the Great Lakes, and Hudson Bay. Issues with the rest of the Federal employment areas, law enforcement or otherwise, have NO direct correlation with the RCMP.

Will that change someday? Maybe. Do not hold your breath, however. Do not look for sympathy from any applicants, or serving members originally, from PEI, NB, NS, nor especially NL.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad, Father-In-Law, & Grampa(x6)

Bespoked
Rookie Member

Postby Bespoked » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:25 pm

Ont. RCMP Recruiter wrote:Hi Ontario applicants & potential applicants,

Sorry I have been away and now playing catching up. I hope everyone had a lovely summer.

Please spread the word...we are still actively hiring, there is no better time to be applying than right now. "O" Division will be supplying 319 Cadets this year. Our processing times have been delayed due to an increase in applications and a few changes in the process which has rippling effects through every stage. If you are currently in our process, please be patient with us, I guarantee you it is worth it!

Best wishes to all our forum participants and contributors for the upcoming fall!

Michelle

Hi Michelle hope you are doing well. Just wondering what sort of changes are happening? They're not doing anything too crazy are they?
Ontario Applicant
RPAB: Apr 21/2015
SP Sent: Jun 06/2015
RMAQ: Jun 19/2015
RMSI: Aug 24/2015
PARE: Aug 30/2015 (3:53)
PEP: Oct 2/2015
PEP Review: Oct 28th/2015
PARE 2: Feb 28/2016 (3:46)
Psych: Mar 21/2016
Final Med: Oct 04/2016
Troop: Oct 04/2016

Ont. RCMP Recruiter
Rookie Member

Postby Ont. RCMP Recruiter » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:53 pm

Hi Bespoked,

No, nothing crazy, sorry I didn't mean for my responses to cause people to guess or be concerned with our process. Just internal efficiency measures, which will help move applications along quicker. All a good thing, but in order to do any minor changes there is a pause which causes a bit of a backlog and subsequent catch up.

Michelle

hallmarker
Rookie Member

Postby hallmarker » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:14 am

Hi Michelle,

I have a few friends asking me this. If/when my character references are contacted, how long of a conversation can they expect to have? Will there be multiple?

Thank you and happy new year!
RCMP ON Applicant
Online App - Nov 2017
QA Review - Jan 2018
PEP - April 2018
PEP Approval - June 2018
BGI - June 2018
Med - July 2018
Psych - Aug 2018

Ont. RCMP Recruiter
Rookie Member

Postby Ont. RCMP Recruiter » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:20 pm

hallmarker wrote:Hi Michelle,

I have a few friends asking me this. If/when my character references are contacted, how long of a conversation can they expect to have? Will there be multiple?

Thank you and happy new year!

Hi hallmarker,

Its impossible to say how long such a conversation would take. I would ensure your references know that they may be speaking to the field investigator for a little bit and if they need to, to arrange a call back time better suited to their situation. Ie if they are at work/school etc. Generally your references are only contacted once unless there is a need to re-contact them.

Imran

Ont. RCMP Recruiter
Rookie Member

*** ASK AN ONTARIO RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby Ont. RCMP Recruiter » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:32 pm

Hello all,

My name is Constable Imran Saeed. I recently transferred back to Ontario and into the Recruiting Section and will be taking over these duties from Michelle. I have almost 11 years of service having done all my policing in BC. I'm originally from the Toronto area, so happy to be back to the snow and cold!

I'm new to the forum world so please be patient.

You can get a hold of us via our toll free phone line at :

1-877-726-7472

or email us at rcmp_recruiting@rcmp-grc.gc.ca

ckelly992
Rookie Member

Postby ckelly992 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:55 am

Good Morning,

I completed my PhD and am currently applying to the RCMP as both a uniform and a civilian member. I cleared my PEP this past month for uniform recruitment and I have also sent in applications for the three RCMP Intelligence Analyst positions listed on the Government of Canada website.

What can you tell me about the civilian career opportunities available for members who join as intel analysts? Is the recruitment process quite lengthy, and do you happen to know how many analysts the RCMP will be hiring in the coming months? I know many are posted around Canada but are the majority located in Ottawa? I am trying to gauge the professional opportunities and challenges available for uniform and civilian career paths, and there appears to be limited information online.

Thanks for your assistance,
Best Regards.

Ont. RCMP Recruiter
Rookie Member

Postby Ont. RCMP Recruiter » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:30 pm

Hello,

Unfortunately I can't speak to the civilian member positions and what other opportunities you would have beyond the intelligence analyst job you applied for. As a pro-active recruiter my job deals exclusively with regular member hiring.

So in terms of the length of time, how many analyst the RCMP will be hiring etc, I'm not able to give you any firm numbers. If you like please send me a PM and we can discuss your particular circumstance offline.

Imran

ckelly992 wrote:Good Morning,

I completed my PhD and am currently applying to the RCMP as both a uniform and a civilian member. I cleared my PEP this past month for uniform recruitment and I have also sent in applications for the three RCMP Intelligence Analyst positions listed on the Government of Canada website.

What can you tell me about the civilian career opportunities available for members who join as intel analysts? Is the recruitment process quite lengthy, and do you happen to know how many analysts the RCMP will be hiring in the coming months? I know many are posted around Canada but are the majority located in Ottawa? I am trying to gauge the professional opportunities and challenges available for uniform and civilian career paths, and there appears to be limited information online.

Thanks for your assistance,
Best Regards.