*** ASK AN ONTARIO RCMP RECRUITER ***

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
argyll
Rookie Member

Re: *** ASK AN ONTARIO RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby argyll » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:05 am

Pete Broccolo wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:23 pm
argyll wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:12 am
Nice to see Pete and Van still keeping things on track in here after a few years away.

I echo the comments about V. I did one tour, came South and then went straight back up. Awesome policing.
Son, is that REALLY you?!
Indeed it is my old friend. Calling from across the pond.

argyll
Rookie Member

Postby argyll » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:06 am

Nice to see some of my Depot info posts are still pinned on the forum.

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:15 am

argyll wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:05 am
Pete Broccolo wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:23 pm
argyll wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:12 am
Nice to see Pete and Van still keeping things on track in here after a few years away.

I echo the comments about V. I did one tour, came South and then went straight back up. Awesome policing.
Son, is that REALLY you?!
Indeed it is my old friend. Calling from across the pond.
Well, so much for YOU re-upping, eh?!
Welcome back (cyber-hi-5, virtual-hug, long-distance"bird", and all to make you feel welcome AND confirm I have not changed in your absence!!)
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad (*), Father-In-Law (*), & Grampa (*+2)

Fallenwas
Rookie Member

Postby Fallenwas » Wed May 13, 2020 8:27 pm

Anyone here that I could pm and ask a couple questions?

Ont. RCMP Recruiter
Rookie Member

Postby Ont. RCMP Recruiter » Fri May 15, 2020 12:31 pm

Hello All,

Finally able to post some good news here. The new job poster has been put up on the www.jobs.gc.ca website. There have been a couple of changes to the process so I encourage those that are "lurking", thinking about applying etc to read through www.rcmpcareers.ca carefully.

Of note:
1) the need for the vision/hearing testing to be completed first has been put on hold. You will have to get them done somewhere along in the process whoever. So, my suggestion is to at least look at requirements, and with the vision standard, vision being something you've likely had tested, reach out to your eye doctors and at least ask if based on your last test if you would have passed our standards. It's worth at least trying that, especially if you have concerns.

2) everyone will write the RCMP Entrance Battery (RPAB) period. So prepare yourself in advance. We have sample questions on our website and there are some good books on Police Exam Prep at your local library or for purchase at a book store. Preparing for the RPAB is not necessarily about studying similar questions. It's about being prepared to do timed testing. So using your time wisely and not spending 10 minutes to answer 2 questions, where you could have moved on and answered 6 questions instead, then gone back to the 2 you didn't know.

3) everyone will have to attend a career presentation period. The presentations, put on by Regular members provide a lot of critical information about the basic requirements, application process and life as a Mountie. You will get an understanding of our mobility requirements, what postings and transfers look like etc. It's important for you to understand this. Plus you'll meet an actual regular member and be able to ask your questions too.

4) The residency requirement for permanent residents of Canada has also changed. You must have lived in Canada for 3 of the last 5 years. The longer you've lived in Canada, the better and easier it will be to get a security check done and a clearance. Also, units, jobs and security clearances require you to be a Canadian citizen, so something to keep in mind. If you have not lived in Canada for an extended period of time you will have to account for yourself wherever you have been. So think about what that might look like for you.

Currently we are not running RPAB sessions, so we will take your application and start a que for when we begin running test sessions again. So be patient, and in the meantime start completing the selection package. Do the best you can in terms of completion for the time being.

Good luck everyone
Imran

chmor
Rookie Member

Postby chmor » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:15 pm

Couple questions about the new process.

How long is a passing RPAB valid for?

Would this new process require deferred applications that had a passing RPAB to redo the exam?

Thank you
RPAL - Jan 12
Applied - Feb 20
OTEE - Mar 20
Interview - Aug 20(Passed)
Psych: TBD
Medical: TBD
PARE: TBD
Security: TBD
OITP:??
Rigaud: If lucky

Ont. RCMP Recruiter
Rookie Member

Postby Ont. RCMP Recruiter » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:23 am

Couple questions about the new process.

How long is a passing RPAB valid for?

Would this new process require deferred applications that had a passing RPAB to redo the exam?

Thank you
A passed RPAB is valid for 5 years. As long as you have a valid RPAB, ie you've passed it in the last 4 years before the application, then you won't have to redo the exam. If it has been longer then 5 years or you didn't write the exam as you had the educational exemption, then you would have to write it. Unfortunately we don't have any sessions set up to write the exam due to Covid, but we're hopefully that will change soon.

Imran

chmor
Rookie Member

Postby chmor » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:36 pm

Ont. RCMP Recruiter wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:23 am

A passed RPAB is valid for 5 years. As long as you have a valid RPAB, ie you've passed it in the last 4 years before the application, then you won't have to redo the exam. If it has been longer then 5 years or you didn't write the exam as you had the educational exemption, then you would have to write it. Unfortunately we don't have any sessions set up to write the exam due to Covid, but we're hopefully that will change soon.

Imran
My RPAB is still valid than.

Thank you
RPAL - Jan 12
Applied - Feb 20
OTEE - Mar 20
Interview - Aug 20(Passed)
Psych: TBD
Medical: TBD
PARE: TBD
Security: TBD
OITP:??
Rigaud: If lucky

Bry0905
Rookie Member

Postby Bry0905 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:21 am

Good morning all,

I've applied June 2nd, 2020 and haven't heard anything back yet. I understand that I should be contacted within 30 days of date of application? Has that changed because of covid?

Thanks
RCMP
Applied June 2nd

Ont. RCMP Recruiter
Rookie Member

Postby Ont. RCMP Recruiter » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:24 am

Bry0905 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:21 am
Good morning all,

I've applied June 2nd, 2020 and haven't heard anything back yet. I understand that I should be contacted within 30 days of date of application? Has that changed because of covid?

Thanks
Morning Bry905, If you can send an email to the address you were forward when you first applied that would be great. There seems to be some sort of technical glitch for some, ie the provincial recruiting offices are not getting the names. Address is rcmp_recruiting@rcmp-grc.gc.ca

Thanks
Imran

Wingman19
Veteran Member

Postby Wingman19 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:11 am

Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:24 am
Bry0905 wrote:
Good morning all,

Thanks
Morning Bry905, If you can send an email to the address you were forward when you first applied that would be great. There seems to be some sort of technical glitch for some, ie the provincial recruiting offices are not getting the names. Address is rcmp_recruiting@rcmp-grc.gc.ca

Thanks
Imran
Good Morning!

Has the polygraph or any face to face stages resumed?

Thanks.
RCMP ON APP Dec 4 2019

SP: Dec16 2019
QA: Dec 23 2019
PBQ: Feb 10/20
Suit: Feb 26/20
RMAQ: April/20
RFI April/20
Field Investigation: June/20
PEP invite: Sept/20
PEP rec: Sept/20
Psych: Nov/20
Med:
Municipal apps: On-Going

Ont. RCMP Recruiter
Rookie Member

Postby Ont. RCMP Recruiter » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:13 am

Wingman19 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:11 am
Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:24 am
Bry0905 wrote:
Good morning all,

Thanks

Thanks
Imran
Unfortunately at this point in Ontario we have not. Each province will resume these steps as their provincial health authorities allow this kind of interaction. I know it's tough as you're waiting and may be a good portion of the way into the process, but it's the reality of the world currently. For those waiting for these steps, keep working out hard, you've got the time, and keep working/volunteering etc. Our need for recruits hasn't gone down and it won't.

Imran

Good Morning!

Has the polygraph or any face to face stages resumed?

Thanks.

Highland2012

Postby Highland2012 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:20 pm

On Average, does having a federal security clearance already with another organization speed up the time for the RCMP Clearance Process?

Kind Regards,
RCMP
July19 Re-Inserted
July19 Psy- Done
Aug19 Med Exam- Pass
Oct19 Psy Int- Pass
Nov19 Med Clearance- pass
Nov19 SC submitted
Dec19 SP submitted
Feb20 Phone Int- pass
Feb20 Rit Int- pass
Mar 20 Poly- pass
May 20 BG- pass
SC in process
Troop:TBD

Ont. RCMP Recruiter
Rookie Member

Postby Ont. RCMP Recruiter » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:25 pm

Highland2012 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:20 pm
On Average, does having a federal security clearance already with another organization speed up the time for the RCMP Clearance Process?

Kind Regards,
Unfortunately it's tough to say. It would depend on what level the clearance is for, when it was done, what information was checked etc. Easiest answer is don't expect that it would. Assume the RCMP application is going to take 12-16 months total. I wish it wasn't that long, but that is where we are at.

Imran

Highland2012

Postby Highland2012 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:28 pm

Thank you for the quick reply,

I have a very recent clearance through the CBSA. I was supposed to go to Riguad to begin training but its been on hold due to the pandemic.
RCMP
July19 Re-Inserted
July19 Psy- Done
Aug19 Med Exam- Pass
Oct19 Psy Int- Pass
Nov19 Med Clearance- pass
Nov19 SC submitted
Dec19 SP submitted
Feb20 Phone Int- pass
Feb20 Rit Int- pass
Mar 20 Poly- pass
May 20 BG- pass