*** ASK AN ONTARIO RCMP RECRUITER ***

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Wingman19

Re: *** ASK AN ONTARIO RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby Wingman19 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:07 pm

VanSmack wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:37 pm
Wingman19 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:13 am
. You might make it through and get posted to Nunavut to guard polar bears up there.
First, if you aren’t a Moderator or a recruiter you shouldn’t be responding to questions in here.

Second, as someone who spent a significant number of years policing in Nunavut as well as three other divisions, the above quoted line is not only ignorant and insulting, but is completely out to lunch. Some of the busiest and best places to learn the job are places in Nunavut, and to make it sound like going to Nunavut is something hokey like guarding polar bears (something I’ve never heard of an RCMP officer in Nunavut ever actually have to do) or is somehow less desirable than somewhere else is flat out wrong. I know way more people who worked in the Arctic, left to wherever it was that they thought was their dream posting close to their hometown or whatever, only to realize they missed more about working in the north than they believed they gained when they transferred out.
Noted! My apologies!
RCMP ON APP
app: Dec 4 2019
SP sent: Dec 13 2019
SP: Dec16 2019
recom Dec 16 2019
QA review: Dec 23 2019
App recom: Jan 11
PBQ: Feb 10
Suitability: Feb 26
RMAQ: Feb ???
Many Municipal apps: On-Going

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:28 am

EastCoast1 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:35 pm
Apologies Mr Broccolo and that was about something else . No intent to “ bait “ or what ever . Was not aware of that rule .

All my questions were answered so no need to stir more shit .
This was the DUMBEST response you could have made; the best would have been none. THIS will remain for hysterical purposes.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad, Father-In-Law, & Grampa(x6)

N_McKenna
Rookie Member

Postby N_McKenna » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:45 pm

VanSmack wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:37 pm
Wingman19 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:13 am
. You might make it through and get posted to Nunavut to guard polar bears up there.
First, if you aren’t a Moderator or a recruiter you shouldn’t be responding to questions in here.

Second, as someone who spent a significant number of years policing in Nunavut as well as three other divisions, the above quoted line is not only ignorant and insulting, but is completely out to lunch. Some of the busiest and best places to learn the job are places in Nunavut, and to make it sound like going to Nunavut is something hokey like guarding polar bears (something I’ve never heard of an RCMP officer in Nunavut ever actually have to do) or is somehow less desirable than somewhere else is flat out wrong. I know way more people who worked in the Arctic, left to wherever it was that they thought was their dream posting close to their hometown or whatever, only to realize they missed more about working in the north than they believed they gained when they transferred out.
What are the chances of getting a posting like Nunavut right out of depot if it’s requested ? Is it a sought after post?

Stripes
Rookie Member

Postby Stripes » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:07 am

Territorial postings are ones the Cadet has to ask for... and be recommended for by the Depot team. There are a few that get posted to a Territory right out of Depot.
V Division

N_McKenna
Rookie Member

Postby N_McKenna » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:58 am

Stripes wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:07 am
Territorial postings are ones the Cadet has to ask for... and be recommended for by the Depot team. There are a few that get posted to a Territory right out of Depot.
Thanks stripes

attiexlol
Rookie Member

Postby attiexlol » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:29 am

I've been wanting to apply to the RCMP for 2 years now. However, I am unable to apply due to my vision. My corrected vision meets the standards but my uncorrected vision does not. I've visited many eye surgery clinics but they have all told me that I am not suitable due to my cornea.

Is there any chance for me to apply as an RCMP constable? Is there any sort of vision waiver?

Thank you for your help.

Ont. RCMP Recruiter
Rookie Member

Postby Ont. RCMP Recruiter » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:11 pm

Hi attiexlol,

Unfortunately there is no waiver and no exceptions. The basic standards are the basic standards for everyone, corrected and more importantly uncorrected vision. You must meet these in order to apply.

Imran

attiexlol
Rookie Member

Postby attiexlol » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:48 pm

Ont. RCMP Recruiter wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:11 pm
Hi attiexlol,

Unfortunately there is no waiver and no exceptions. The basic standards are the basic standards for everyone, corrected and more importantly uncorrected vision. You must meet these in order to apply.

Imran
Thank you. Guess RCMP just isn't for me.