Female spouses in depot

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Deanmitchez
Rookie Member

Female spouses in depot

Postby Deanmitchez » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:31 am

Hi all,

I have read and heard a lot about the different things that go on in depot... Intimacy wise.

Can anyone verify what it is really like there? Should guys be "concerned" for their wives, girlfriends, etc. going away and being hounded by guys.
~Not concerned for the women doing something, moreso guys being all over them and stressed out/living-sleeping in same corridors and not being able to "be there" for them.

There is already a large lawsuit supposedly going on with 400+ women coming forward.

I also heard that communication is difficult? We live quite far from depot (plane ride) and the kids would miss their mother.... along with their husbands/boyfriends.

Looking for some sort of insight!

A.T.R.
King Poobah

Re: Female spouses in depot

Postby A.T.R. » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:15 am

Where do these people come from???
If you do not have access to the private side please do not contact me. I do not give employment advice other than what is publicly posted.

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:44 am

Deanmitchez wrote:Hi all,

I have read and heard a lot about the different things that go on in depot... Intimacy wise.

Can anyone verify what it is really like there? Should guys be "concerned" for their wives, girlfriends, etc. going away and being hounded by guys.
~Not concerned for the women doing something, moreso guys being all over them and stressed out/living-sleeping in same corridors and not being able to "be there" for them.

There is already a large lawsuit supposedly going on with 400+ women coming forward.

I also heard that communication is difficult? We live quite far from depot (plane ride) and the kids would miss their mother.... along with their husbands/boyfriends.

Looking for some sort of insight!

The lawsuit(s) are dealing with abusive actions by a superior over a subordinate.

By saying, "...Intimacy wise...", it sounds like you are wondering about mutual participation. "...and not being able to "be there" for them." SOUNDS like you and your spouse MAY have "issues" to deal with before she leaves, so...you two BETTER be having some LONG talks...NOW!

"...and the kids would miss their mother..." IS something that you two MUST talk about, and figure it out - Skype, whatever.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad (*), Father-In-Law (*), & Grampa (*+2)

A.T.R.
King Poobah

Postby A.T.R. » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:14 pm

Got any pics?
If you do not have access to the private side please do not contact me. I do not give employment advice other than what is publicly posted.

Madeline236
Grand Poobah

Postby Madeline236 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:45 pm

Worried already? How you going to hold up when she's spending more time with her male work partner than she spends alone with you? Can be come looong boring nights in some rural detachments I bet! Good luck bro :alright:

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:21 pm

:alright:

Hmm.. Couches in the basement.
... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:23 pm

All jokes aside,

Do you trust your wife?
Is she capable of 'screwing around"? (You know,, willing?)
Are you sure she isn't already?

I have been married for 15 years and if it wasn't for mutual TRUST and RESPECT, I wouldn't be able to say: She doesn't > as how the hell would I know for sure?
Never mind Depot, there are plenty of opportunities here/there at home. Plus Madeline hit the nail on the head too.

I sense issues too, just like Pete does. One wouldn't just come to a forum and ask if his wife might possibly give in to the pressures.
... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.

A.T.R.
King Poobah

Postby A.T.R. » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:49 pm

Sounds like she is looking forward to Depot.

GPZ
Grand Poobah

Postby GPZ » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:50 pm

Wrong forum. You should be posting this in a forum dedicated to relationship advice.

Floydie
Seasoned Member

Postby Floydie » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:26 am

CX-1 @ Millhaven

Deanmitchez
Rookie Member

Postby Deanmitchez » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:45 pm

Hahaha, lovely little responses from some people in here.
I'll elaborate my question, I wasn't very clear.
No, we don't have any issues/never have in the past 13 years and I wasnt very clear in my original post. We are very open with each other. I also have no worries at all for her doing anything.

The only reason I ask is because the guys at work (trades, so pretty much who can throw the hardest insult) go on about how much harassment takes place at depot with women. Throwing web page links at me about the women coming forward... Naturally it would bother most people.

I came to ask how true these stories are. Obviously intimacy between two willing people is going to take place everywhere. But guys being hound dogs or sexist against women at depot/in the force and nothing being done about it. -I don't really follow many stories online without concrete proof and since I've never been there,
I can't say for myself.

With that said, this is the reason I can't post on relationship advice forum. Although looking back at the original post it seems that way.

and with that said, my girl can take care of herself. Its funny watching her take my sisters to the bar and guys attempting. :wave: :alright:

Deanmitchez
Rookie Member

Postby Deanmitchez » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:50 pm

Also for communication... I've heard wifi/data or reception can be hard to get in private/quiet areas.just curious if its really that bad.

We planned to fly there every other weekend for the kids to see her and vice versa.

Also, trying to get kids to understand what it means when Mommy will not be seen for two weeks at a time is difficult, all we get is "Mommy's a cop!" :pistols:

Just preparing the best we can... Dealing with little ones crying for their mother is going to be fun :banghead:

Edit; my original post said "...and their boyfriends/husbands".... In general I meant... NOT my kids until theyre at least 37 ;) :sniper:

Steelie_king
Rookie Member

Postby Steelie_king » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:08 pm

I don't think your understanding what majority of the members of this forum are trying to explain to you. You need to sit down and talk to your with wife about your concerns. The sarcastic responses you are getting is due to the fact we are not relationship and rumour counsellors and these questions are quite silly.

If you and your partner have the trust and respect needed in a relationship you shouldn't worry about "guys hounding her."

Now I can see your having problems explaining the other question. You wanna know if women are abused at depot and in the force cause you see news stories... I'll tell you right now do not even believe majority of what the media has to say about police and how they run their business. It's all a pile of crap.

Think to yourself, do you think people who work for the RCMP are there to harass woman. Give your head a shake.

For the family time thing....hah! What are you gunna do when she is on a set of shifts? You do understand after working a shift she will come home and be a zombie wanting nothing but sleep. Good luck seeing her on those days. What about on days off? When she will have court, training days, extra shifts, squad functions etc. It is comical to think she will even have time in training to visit with you and call you for hours every night. She will be so busy with tasks and functions it will consume all of her time......

This is your family and relationship not ours so figure it out.

alimartin
Rookie Member

Postby alimartin » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:54 pm

I'm sure it's different for everybody, but visiting every weekend seems highly unrealistic judging by how member friends have described their time at Depot. Free time is at a premium, and visits are more likely over the long weekends. I think setting more realistic goals might help your family transition better. Your wife will have so many demands of her time, it isn't just the training M-F during business hours.

As for women at Depot and in the Force, many of those accounts that have come forward date back quite some time. If your wife brushes off guys at the bar no problem, I don't imagine that will be any different.

LAWDOG

Postby LAWDOG » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:04 pm

In short the answer is No. Honesty and Integrity are very important at Depot. If you are caught violating this, it could be a ticket home. In my experience there were very few depot relationships and they were almost only lonely singles. The rare infidelity did occur, but it was short lived, happened off the base and alcohol was often a factor. You have nothing to worry about. It's not OPC :)
"A good plan violently executed right now, is far better than a perfect plan executed next week." Gen. George S Patton