New PREP Test (ATS) - Effective October 31, 2015

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
User avatar
rangerDan
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:53 am
Contact:

Re: New PREP Test (ATS) - Effective October 31, 2015

Postby rangerDan » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:21 am

I just want to say thanks to everyone for all their tips. Passed the new PREP test yesterday. :mrgreen:

alexgue89
Rookie Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:16 pm
Location: Kitchener, ON
Contact:

Re: New PREP Test (ATS) - Effective October 31, 2015

Postby alexgue89 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:24 pm

rangerDan wrote:I just want to say thanks to everyone for all their tips. Passed the new PREP test yesterday. :mrgreen:


Likewise, just renewed my pati, wtc, prep and passed the prep. I can see how some might not pass if they are not doing some physical activity. I'm still not sure if I like this version or the old version of the prep.
App Rec: Mar 23, 2020
Written LFI/PBQ: May 13, 2020
LFI: Jun 2, 2020
Senior Panel: Jun 15, 2020
Psych: Jun 16/30, 2020
BGI: Jul 6, 2020
Medical: Jul 23/30/31, 2020
Home Visit: Aug 3, 2020
Chief’s Interview: Aug 13, 2020
THE CALL!!!!: Aug 20, 2020

mjoshi12
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:36 am
Location: Greater Toronto Area
Contact:

Re: New PREP Test (ATS) - Effective October 31, 2015

Postby mjoshi12 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:38 am

Just had my ATS testing done for everything. It was my first time, I felt confident doing the PATI, WCT and I did pass the physical prep test. I'm waiting on my results this friday.
TROOP: Conditional Offer Troop 25

dobbsie
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:02 pm
Contact:

Re: New PREP Test (ATS) - Effective October 31, 2015

Postby dobbsie » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:55 pm

I also did the new PREP this weekend. I found it harder than the original. I was usually getting 2:14 on the original and achieved a 2:35 on the new PREP. I found the new push pull seemed to take more time for some reason. I was successful on the PREP but I didn't pass the shuttle. I could have pushed myself to finish but I was sick didn't get past level 6.4 (now kicking myself). Any-who, Ill retake it in a month and hopefully pass with flying colors.
Applied, OPP-(Mar 2016)
Interview, OPP-(Apr 2016)- Complete
BGI- OPP- (April 2016)- Complete
Medical- OPP- (April 2016)- Complete
Vision- OPP- (April 2016)- Complete
Home Interview, OPP- Complete
Psych/SIGMA, OPP- Complete
PPA/OPC OPP- August, 2016

User avatar
RemingtonSteel
Veteran Member
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:33 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: New PREP Test (ATS) - Effective October 31, 2015

Postby RemingtonSteel » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:29 pm

The secret to the shuttle is just keep training cardio and don't give up.

HIIT like Lara mentioned is a really good option if you despise running long distances.

Myself, I'm really into distance running - twice a week (mon and wed) I'll run 8-10 km and then I'll do a spin class or something on my Friday and I don't find shuttle runs to be too tough.
If a man speaks his mind in the forest and a woman doesn't hear it, is he still wrong?

Whenever I feel sad, I just stop being sad and be awesome instead - true story

User avatar
mack_silent
Rookie Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:36 am
Contact:

Re: New PREP Test (ATS) - Effective October 31, 2015

Postby mack_silent » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:17 pm

dobbsie wrote:I also did the new PREP this weekend. I found it harder than the original. I was usually getting 2:14 on the original and achieved a 2:35 on the new PREP. I found the new push pull seemed to take more time for some reason. I was successful on the PREP but I didn't pass the shuttle. I could have pushed myself to finish but I was sick didn't get past level 6.4 (now kicking myself). Any-who, Ill retake it in a month and hopefully pass with flying colors.


I was a few seconds slower on this new PREP too. It felt easier but the push / pull instructions being new were a bit trickier to follow and slow most people down a bit.
Also, I noticed quite a few applicants (mostly the guys) were having a hard time with the low crawl (the back weight pocket on the vest was hitting and knocking the bar off).
KCCO. Wake up. Kick butt. Repeat.

User avatar
Datlicht
Rookie Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:54 pm
Location: Ontario
Contact:

Re: New PREP Test (ATS) - Effective October 31, 2015

Postby Datlicht » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:41 am

Anything is doable if you work to achieve it! If you want to get hired, then don't stop until you make it :)
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

mjoshi12
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:36 am
Location: Greater Toronto Area
Contact:

Re: New PREP Test (ATS) - Effective October 31, 2015

Postby mjoshi12 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:40 pm

dobbsie wrote:I also did the new PREP this weekend. I found it harder than the original. I was usually getting 2:14 on the original and achieved a 2:35 on the new PREP. I found the new push pull seemed to take more time for some reason. I was successful on the PREP but I didn't pass the shuttle. I could have pushed myself to finish but I was sick didn't get past level 6.4 (now kicking myself). Any-who, Ill retake it in a month and hopefully pass with flying colors.


I know what you mean about the beep test. I was done at 6.0 but kept telling myself, I really want this career and I won't give up. When it came to 7.0, I was so out of breath. Walked for 5-10 minutes to catch my breath.
TROOP: Conditional Offer Troop 25

dobbsie
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:02 pm
Contact:

Re: New PREP Test (ATS) - Effective October 31, 2015

Postby dobbsie » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:41 pm

Thanks Everyone!

Today I received my results and I have passed the PATI and WCT!! Now I just have to re-test on the PREP. Its too bad that ATS wont let me complete the BPAD on the same day when I am travelling 2 hours. They say it has to be 3 or more :roll:
Applied, OPP-(Mar 2016)
Interview, OPP-(Apr 2016)- Complete
BGI- OPP- (April 2016)- Complete
Medical- OPP- (April 2016)- Complete
Vision- OPP- (April 2016)- Complete
Home Interview, OPP- Complete
Psych/SIGMA, OPP- Complete
PPA/OPC OPP- August, 2016

VinceLab
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:59 pm
Location: Témiscaming, Québec
Contact:

Re: New PREP Test (ATS) - Effective October 31, 2015

Postby VinceLab » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:37 pm

Hey everyone,

thanks for your post... its helping big times in the preparation.
Just a quick question, what do you suggest for meal plan the
day before and the same morning as your testing?

Its a big day of testing and i want to make sure
my body is fuelled properly so i maximise my energy for the
all the exams PATI + WCT + PREP + Shuttle Race.

Any advice ?

Thanks!!!

stubs86
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:03 am
Contact:

Re: New PREP Test (ATS) - Effective October 31, 2015

Postby stubs86 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:33 am

Going to do the PREP in January. This is my first post :)

I was wondering for the shuttle run if you have to make it to the 20 metre mark or past the warning line at/before the next beep. I cant believe people find it so easy. I make it to level 6.5 and i'm winded. However I'm hoping conditions in the gym are optimal and running in a big group more effective than by myself.
and input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Diatomic
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:02 am
Contact:

Re: New PREP Test (ATS) - Effective October 31, 2015

Postby Diatomic » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:47 pm

stubs86 wrote:Going to do the PREP in January. This is my first post :)

I was wondering for the shuttle run if you have to make it to the 20 metre mark or past the warning line at/before the next beep. I cant believe people find it so easy. I make it to level 6.5 and i'm winded. However I'm hoping conditions in the gym are optimal and running in a big group more effective than by myself.
and input would be appreciated.

Thanks


I know the PREP is just a standard applicants have to meet but try to go above and beyond that expectation. OPC will be very hard for applicants with average/below average fitness and from what I've seen, recruiters take note of an applicants fitness. The shuttle test shouldn't be that big of a challenge, but regardless keep working on your fitness.

rntacp
Rookie Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 7:12 am
Contact:

Re: New PREP Test (ATS) - Effective October 31, 2015

Postby rntacp » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:57 pm

Diatomic wrote:I know the PREP is just a standard applicants have to meet but try to go above and beyond that expectation. OPC will be very hard for applicants with average/below average fitness and from what I've seen, recruiters take note of an applicants fitness. The shuttle test shouldn't be that big of a challenge, but regardless keep working on your fitness.


This ^

6.5-7 on the shuttle shouldn't be that much of a challenge for you if you're serious about this. We have enough sloths...

dobbsie
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:02 pm
Contact:

Re: New PREP Test (ATS) - Effective October 31, 2015

Postby dobbsie » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:26 am

Thank you everyone for your help and motivation. I re-tested this weekend and passed at 2:16. Much better than my last time of 2:35 a few weeks ago. Train hard and have a positive attitude!

They even let me complete my bpad the same day :).
Applied, OPP-(Mar 2016)
Interview, OPP-(Apr 2016)- Complete
BGI- OPP- (April 2016)- Complete
Medical- OPP- (April 2016)- Complete
Vision- OPP- (April 2016)- Complete
Home Interview, OPP- Complete
Psych/SIGMA, OPP- Complete
PPA/OPC OPP- August, 2016

VinceLab
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:59 pm
Location: Témiscaming, Québec
Contact:

Re: New PREP Test (ATS) - Effective October 31, 2015

Postby VinceLab » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:56 am

dobbsie wrote:Thank you everyone for your help and motivation. I re-tested this weekend and passed at 2:16. Much better than my last time of 2:35 a few weeks ago. Train hard and have a positive attitude!

They even let me complete my bpad the same day :).


Right on :-)

PS***Quick question, anyone know if we are able to have a water bottle when we do Shuttle Run test ?
For some reason, when i do the shuttle run, my mouth is very dry...


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot, Bing [Bot], Dreambig, SemrushBot and 14 guests