BC Corrections Hiring Process

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Canucks2142
Rookie Member

Re: BC Corrections

Postby Canucks2142 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:16 pm

I did my CVSA September 27th and medical October 26th (Submitted TB Results November 6th) and still haven’t gotten a confirmation letter...
I know I passed the
medical so I hope I pass the ESS...

I did my CVSA interview on September 30 and my Medical was on October 27, 2020. I got the same email as you guys saying if I pass the clearance and the medical my start date will be on January 4, 2021. A couple of days later I received another email, saying congratulations you passed both and your start date is January 4, 2021 and the ADW of your prison will give you a welcome letter and will be in touch when they decide placement in regards to training and a uniform fitting.. That is weird.

noanykey

Postby noanykey » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:06 am

Canucks2142 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:16 pm
I did my CVSA September 27th and medical October 26th (Submitted TB Results November 6th) and still haven’t gotten a confirmation letter...
I know I passed the
medical so I hope I pass the ESS...

I did my CVSA interview on September 30 and my Medical was on October 27, 2020. I got the same email as you guys saying if I pass the clearance and the medical my start date will be on January 4, 2021. A couple of days later I received another email, saying congratulations you passed both and your start date is January 4, 2021 and the ADW of your prison will give you a welcome letter and will be in touch when they decide placement in regards to training and a uniform fitting.. That is weird.
Honestly.. I'd give it till December then reach out. But I also think the skyrocketing covid rates may have something to do with it as well.
Never hurts to reach out as long as you're professional & polite. It shows you actually want the job.
Royal Canadian Marine Search & Rescue
SAR Member

noanykey

Postby noanykey » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:26 pm

Welp. That's a rejection for me. I won't get into specifics here. Please be careful out there. I'll try to re-apply in a year!
SAR Member

Braveheart
Rookie Member

Postby Braveheart » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:41 pm

What happened?

OJ Cartonne
Rookie Member

Postby OJ Cartonne » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:10 pm

I also got a rejection based on ESS secondary review at last minute. I appealed and was told that while they can't guarantee anything, they strongly feel that my on paper scores were extremely strong and that it would not be wasted time and energy to reapply next year.

So, yeah. That's that, until next November.

spoiledgoods
Rookie Member

Postby spoiledgoods » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:29 am

OJ Cartonne wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:10 pm
I also got a rejection based on ESS secondary review at last minute. I appealed and was told that while they can't guarantee anything, they strongly feel that my on paper scores were extremely strong and that it would not be wasted time and energy to reapply next year.

So, yeah. That's that, until next November.
Was the process of the appeal through Corrections of the Ministry of Public Safety?

OJ Cartonne
Rookie Member

Postby OJ Cartonne » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:52 am

No. I wrote back through Corrections Recruiting. Never heard of the other dept you mentioned. My file was reviewed by a couple supervisors and I was told that final ESS evaluations can not be reversed, but that had I shared full disclosure during ESS that the outcome would have been different and that while they can't guarantee a position, they feel strongly that it would not be wasted time and effort to reapply next year.

noanykey

Postby noanykey » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:34 pm

I got the same thing as OJ. But I asked for a shorter wait.

So, lesson here all applicants.. Be honest about everything on the initial SSQ document. I just remembered some stuff a few days of insane thinking about my CVSA and that's my story.. No matter how tiny or insignificant, just tell them. and just FYI I didn't fail my CVSA.. I passed it.

I asked if I should wait more than a year and they said a year wait is going to be ok.
SAR Member

ikong0621
Rookie Member

Postby ikong0621 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:29 pm

Deferrals suck, but please don't get discourage. I, personally, have applied to tons of different agencies before being hired by BC Corrections. Come back stronger
BC Corrections Member

TBONE-182
Rookie Member

Postby TBONE-182 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:31 am

Did anyone do the panel interview last week Jan 4th or this week Jan 11th 2021 ?
Pacific Region
Applied June 2020
Online Questionnaire Sept 2020

Roscojames
Rookie Member

BC Corrections

Postby Roscojames » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:08 am

Hey everyone!
I am currently in the process of getting hired (hopefully) with BC Corrections. After successfully passing the COPAT and REACT, I had my BEI interview today. I really have no idea how it may have went. I definitely feel like I stumbled on some of my words and I think one of my stories I may have said it happened on the wrong date, if they are able to figure that out.
However, at the end they asked me which institution ( surrey, ridge etc) I would want to be placed at.
Can anyone tell me if that is a positive question or is it just typical that they’d ask anyone?
Also, how soon after interviews do they call references?

Thank you!

Roscojames
Rookie Member

What equipment do BC Peace/Correctional Officers carry?

Postby Roscojames » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:55 pm

Hey!
What do BC correctional or peace officers carry on them?
Do they have guns or tasers?

JEagle10

Re: What equipment do BC Peace/Correctional Officers carry?

Postby JEagle10 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:29 am

When you say peace officer.. that’s a very broad term because police, corrections, border services are all peace officers and equipment slightly varies for everyone