Spouses of RCMP members, cadets and applicants

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

2Angels
Rookie Member

Re: Spouses of RCMP members, cadets and applicants

Postby 2Angels » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:29 am

Samxxo wrote:Hi, fiance just got news from troop 20. Yeahhh !!!been waitting for 4 years for that. Graduation day is may 2015. My questions is we are getting married april 2016 in Dominican Republic.. Will he be able to have a vacation ? Thanks.
My spouse grad was in Jan when he went to depot and he had vacation that summer so I would say for sure.
RCMP Applicant - Quebec
Troop 6 June 3- Nov 23

zycil27
Veteran Member

Postby zycil27 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:17 pm

Samxxo wrote:Hi, fiance just got news from troop 20. Yeahhh !!!been waitting for 4 years for that. Graduation day is may 2015. My questions is we are getting married april 2016 in Dominican Republic.. Will he be able to have a vacation ? Thanks.
I'd say it's too early to know. It depends on where he gets posted and whether his detachment will grant him the vacation time he requests. It could depend on how they're staffed and if others are on leave for various reasons, and how much time and when he's asking to have off (it's nice when getting a block off works out- since he'd probably be working 4 on 4 off, getting a block off means having 12 days off). I don't think it's really unlikely, but you just can't know yet.

Congrats to him on getting a troop date :)

ride365

Postby ride365 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:43 pm

zycil27 wrote:
I'd say it's too early to know. It depends on where he gets posted and whether his detachment will grant him the vacation time he requests. It could depend on how they're staffed and if others are on leave for various reasons, and how much time and when he's asking to have off (it's nice when getting a block off works out- since he'd probably be working 4 on 4 off, getting a block off means having 12 days off). I don't think it's really unlikely, but you just can't know yet.

Congrats to him on getting a troop date :)
What zycil27 has said has been my experience as well. You will likely be unable to take time off during the field coaching program - the first six months of your posting, but if you had a very important day you couldn't miss his supervisor might make an exception. Seeing as its almost a year from when he graduates it shouldn't be a problem to have time off for a wedding but again the only person that could give a definitive answer would be his supervisor at post.

mspouse
Rookie Member

Postby mspouse » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:52 pm

Hey my fiancé is in troop 18 just left end of October.
We live in BC lower mainland and do own a house. However we do know we could be moving anywhere in Canada and will adjust to it. We are hoping to stay here but we know that doesn't always happen.
I just wanted to say I have read all the comments and got a lot of my questions answered!
Good Luck to everyone! :)

possiblewife
Rookie Member

Postby possiblewife » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:08 pm

Fingers crossed for you mspouse :)

Brixie
Rookie Member

Postby Brixie » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:37 pm

My hubby just got "the call" this morning - troop 21! It's very bittersweet, so proud and excited for him but also sad he will be going away in just a couple of days. I think it will be hard to explain it all to my toddler, but for now he thinks it's cool that daddy is going to policeman school :)
BC Applicant
RPAB March/13
PACKAGE July/13
PARE #1 Sept/13
RMAQ Nov/13
RMSI March/14
PARE #2 May/14
PEP June/14
BGI Aug/14
Medical/Psych Sept/14
FR Sept/14
SC Nov/14
TROOP 21 Dec3

spouse03
Rookie Member

Postby spouse03 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:10 pm

Awesome! Not much time to get things together! My man is still waiting on a call, they phoned him this week and asked how much notice he will need- two weeks in order to put in notice at work of course. She said he should know quite soon though, we are hoping for a Jan date!

mspouse
Rookie Member

Postby mspouse » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:38 pm

spouse03 wrote:Awesome! Not much time to get things together! My man is still waiting on a call, they phoned him this week and asked how much notice he will need- two weeks in order to put in notice at work of course. She said he should know quite soon though, we are hoping for a Jan date!

My fiancé found out only 1 week prior when he was leaving, and didn't have another option. Anything could happen just make sure your ready :)
The faster he leaves the faster he comes home!!!

OntWife
Rookie Member

Postby OntWife » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:31 pm

Hi all, first time login. I wanted to say reading through all the notes here and other RCMP forums I have received a lot of answers to a lot of questions. My husband has been going through the process for 2 1/2 years and he has been in the FR/SC stage for 6 weeks now, then last week got a call about his availability to leave for depot ... so could be less than a week's notice. We are more than ready and he can't wait to get the call. Our spouses/partners work so hard to get to this final stage I just want to pass all the best on to everyone. It is a hard process on them as well as the families. As long as we are behind them, they can do anything. So here's to all the other halves to keep the home fires burning while they put everything they have into graduating!

OntWife
Rookie Member

Postby OntWife » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:42 am

Brixie wrote:My hubby just got "the call" this morning - troop 21! It's very bittersweet, so proud and excited for him but also sad he will be going away in just a couple of days. I think it will be hard to explain it all to my toddler, but for now he thinks it's cool that daddy is going to policeman school :)

Congratulations!! You both must be beaming! That is so cute policeman school. If you can tell him stories of what daddy's daily adventures would be, he will be with him and time will go quickly. Good luck to you both!! My husband is in FR/SC for six weeks now so hoping the call soon!!

Brixie
Rookie Member

Postby Brixie » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:38 pm

Congratulations!! You both must be beaming! That is so cute policeman school. If you can tell him stories of what daddy's daily adventures would be, he will be with him and time will go quickly. Good luck to you both!! My husband is in FR/SC for six weeks now so hoping the call soon!!
Thanks for the good idea. I'll cross my fingers your husband hears soon ;)
BC Applicant
RPAB March/13
PACKAGE July/13
PARE #1 Sept/13
RMAQ Nov/13
RMSI March/14
PARE #2 May/14
PEP June/14
BGI Aug/14
Medical/Psych Sept/14
FR Sept/14
SC Nov/14
TROOP 21 Dec3

kristin64
Rookie Member

Postby kristin64 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:52 am

mspouse wrote:Hey my fiancé is in troop 18 just left end of October.
We live in BC lower mainland and do own a house. However we do know we could be moving anywhere in Canada and will adjust to it. We are hoping to stay here but we know that doesn't always happen.
I just wanted to say I have read all the comments and got a lot of my questions answered!
Good Luck to everyone! :)
Hi mspouse, my boyfriend is in troop 18 as well! We're also from the lower mainland and hoping to be posted back home. I hear a lot of postings are going to Alberta, but I guess you never know - Just have to keep our fingers crossed. Good luck to you and your fiancé! :)

And thanks to everyone on the forum, I've had a lot of questions answered too!

spouse03
Rookie Member

Postby spouse03 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:59 pm

Anyone get calls for Jan yet?!

OntWife
Rookie Member

Postby OntWife » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:41 am

We got email from recruiting officer last night that hubby has now passed Final Review (in the 6th week) but still waiting on Security Clearance and Medical Clearance. Hope to hear something soon as it would be a nice xmas present for him. :D

possiblewife
Rookie Member

Postby possiblewife » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:17 am

Any wives/spouses get posting details yet?? I am curious and hoping everyone is having good luck with locations etc.

What an exciting ride this is on so many levels, so proud of the 'other halves' and all of their determination in the process!!!