Spouses of RCMP members, cadets and applicants

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

bcwife
Rookie Member

Re: Spouses of RCMP members, cadets and applicants

Postby bcwife » Fri May 10, 2019 10:19 pm

John014 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 2:00 pm
bcwife wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 2:40 pm

Thank you so much for your reply. We have prepared financially, and have a family support system in place so that I have help while he is gone, this way he is able to focus 100% when he is there and not have to worry about anything back at home.

Was there anything that you liked receiving while at depot? I plan on sending care packages but I don't want to overload him with things as I know space is limited there, so trying to think of things that will actually be useful.

Yes, I have seen a few groups on Facebook that I thought would be a good support to talk to other spouses going through the same journey however- if it can be more of a drama group I may pass.

Thank you!
I liked receiving a tonne of pictures of all the fun things my wife and kids were doing each weekend. These were sent electronically obviously. As for care packages it would be up to your husband on what he likes/needs.
Thank you, I appreciate your suggestions. :D

crossroads12
Rookie Member

Re: Spouses of RCMP members, cadets and applicants

Postby crossroads12 » Thu May 16, 2019 12:24 am

jacquevw wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 5:50 pm
bcwife wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 2:53 pm
Hi there,
I am brand new to this group, however I have done a lot of research in regards to the process for applicants as I have been following intently with my husband, and he is now in Troop 14 this July.
My question to those of you who have had your spouse go to depot, or for those of you who have been in depot, what do you wish you would have had, or thankful you did have, in regards to support from your family. I understand it's going to be a difficult 6 months and I want to support him as much as I can from 2 provinces away.
Thanks!

Hi there,
I am in the same troop as your husband. My wife has connected with a group on facebook that can answer questions like this too. If you want you can direct message me and I can connect the two of you. Might be able to help each other out while we are away at depot. We are in BC.

Hi there,

My guy just recently went to depot a week ago. Are you able to connect me to this facebook group as well? you can private message it to me. Thank you in advance!