Appealing a Deferral

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
PHB
King Poobah

Re: Appealing a Deferral

Postby PHB » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:07 pm

On the other hand the opportunity to work and live anywhere in Canada is a huge plus in my opinion. The chance to possibly transfer anywhere is a huge positive.
RCMP Members Email this guy and leave the Legal Fund:

agclarke@istar.ca

For Our Future! http://www.mppac.ca PROUD UPSTART

rick1213
Rookie Member

Postby rick1213 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:14 pm

Hey guys, I read the whole thread and I agree with the fact that first, If you don't fit the needs and you have stuff to clean up, do it before applying and if you get deferred, you ABSOLUTELY should take it like a man and not try and appeal it.

I don't think any circumstances are good enough to appeal a decision on because as some of you said, that will label you as the "guy who whined his way in". Of course some situations can be exceptionnal and discussed by appealing in my opinion is shooting yourself in the foot.

I don't have as much experiences as you gentlemen have; I'm currently at the RMSI stage of my process and I think I'm doing a good way of getting ready for it. :thumbsup: ! But as much as I wish I won't get deferred, I would take it like a man if it was to happen. Although, I will try and make sure to be as attractive for them as possible!

Wish me luck! And any advices would be much appreciated!
Richard

GeeGee
Rookie Member

Postby GeeGee » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:19 pm

recently had some experience with an appeal process, which resulted in a very positive outcome...I know and understand that no agency owes you nothing BUT if you want something-fight for it...so I did :) I know there is an opinion that other jobs don't offer you an appeal, so why should we...totally agree BUT I honestly believe that you can have a whiny appeal and an appeal, where you provide more in-depth information of your circumstance, hence making the appeal board more familiar with yourself as a candidate...anyway just my 0.02 ...

JesseTDI
Rookie Member

Postby JesseTDI » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:57 pm

GeeGee wrote:recently had some experience with an appeal process, which resulted in a very positive outcome...I know and understand that no agency owes you nothing BUT if you want something-fight for it...so I did :) I know there is an opinion that other jobs don't offer you an appeal, so why should we...totally agree BUT I honestly believe that you can have a whiny appeal and an appeal, where you provide more in-depth information of your circumstance, hence making the appeal board more familiar with yourself as a candidate...anyway just my 0.02 ...

Curious what your circumstance was if you dont mind sharing?
CO
Written: Nov 6, 2017
Written Passed: Nov 15, 2017
FITCO: Oct 22, 2017
Interview: Nov 28, 2017
Interview Passed: Dec 1, 2017
Security Documents Sent: Dec 12, 2017
Security Documents Returned: Before Feb 15, 2018
COTA June 4, 2018 Offered April 24, 2018

GeeGee
Rookie Member

Postby GeeGee » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:37 pm

JesseTDI wrote:
GeeGee wrote:recently had some experience with an appeal process, which resulted in a very positive outcome...I know and understand that no agency owes you nothing BUT if you want something-fight for it...so I did :) I know there is an opinion that other jobs don't offer you an appeal, so why should we...totally agree BUT I honestly believe that you can have a whiny appeal and an appeal, where you provide more in-depth information of your circumstance, hence making the appeal board more familiar with yourself as a candidate...anyway just my 0.02 ...

Curious what your circumstance was if you dont mind sharing?

Without going too much into detail...i expected a deferral ...and just wanted to get it out of the way....when it came down to the end the length of it was MUCH longer than anticipated...with nothing to lose i chose to write a VERY descriptive letter to the S/Sgt and Appeal Commitee attaching letters of commendation from my current LEO career and was given 2 years after my file was reviewed. Dm if you have more questions

Majha85
Rookie Member

Postby Majha85 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:06 pm

Hello folks,
Can someone tell me how can i find out the reason for the deferral and process to appeal? On my concluding letter all its says i am deferred for 3 years but no reason on it. Your response will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

sam89
Rookie Member

Postby sam89 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:18 pm

Majha85 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:06 pm
Hello folks,
Can someone tell me how can i find out the reason for the deferral and process to appeal? On my concluding letter all its says i am deferred for 3 years but no reason on it. Your response will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
They will never tell you the reason. Take another look at your application and improve it. Be competitive. Which service did you apply though?

Slovak4188

Postby Slovak4188 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:26 pm

Majha85 wrote:
Hello folks,
3 years? Must've been RCMP. I wouldn't recommend appealing. They have their reasons for not hiring and deferring you. You may extend the deferral. The reality is, NO ONE OWES YOU THIS CAREER. Move on with your life, apply somewhere else or go do something else.
"Hard truths cut both ways"

Wingman19
Veteran Member

Postby Wingman19 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:24 pm

Majha85 wrote:
Hello folks,
You withheld, minimized or lied about something. The information you provided did not line up with what they uncovered. Only you know what you could have been deferred for.

I know it sucks. I wish you all the best.
RCMP ON APP Dec 4 2019

SP: Dec16 2019
QA: Dec 23 2019
PBQ: Feb 10/20
Suit: Feb 26/20
RMAQ: April/20
RFI April/20
Field Investigation: June/20
PEP invite: Sept/20
PEP rec: Sept/20
Psych: Nov/20
Med: Dec/20
SC: :boxer:
Municipal apps: On-Going

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:12 pm

Majha85 wrote:
Hello folks,
RCMP, Toronto PS, or Durham RPS?

I concur with the others comments.

Wait and improve, or apply to another PS, or look for other work.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband (8*+), Dad (*), Father-In-Law (*), & Grampa (*+2)