Toronto Police Auxiliary 2014- May class

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
User avatar
liverpoolfc
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:10 am
Contact:

Re: Toronto Police Auxiliary 2014- May class

Postby liverpoolfc » Thu May 22, 2014 4:58 pm

unsuccessful means that your application is no longer moving forward - afaik.

hope i'm wrong but seems like bad news to me.

ksowa91
Rookie Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:11 am
Contact:

Re: Toronto Police Auxiliary 2014- May class

Postby ksowa91 » Fri May 23, 2014 12:26 pm

NowHiring wrote:Hi Guys

Long time lurker, first time poster

I applied for the TPS auxiliary via the Online Portal on the TPS website back in Jan 14. How ever I havnt heard any thing from them or any letter. But now in my application history in the ONLINE portal it shows that application as "unsuccessful".

Can some one here clarify that for me? Is that rejection or something else?

Thanks

Hey man, it not necessarily means that your application is no longer active. It happened to me also then few weeks later I've been contacted by the BGI to move on with the process.

Trevis
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Toronto Police Auxiliary 2014- May class

Postby Trevis » Fri May 23, 2014 5:39 pm

Yep they will send you a deferral letter way before they update the status online...the only way to tell is wait for a letter...mistakes happens..

User avatar
Rc1
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:25 pm
Location: hamilton
Contact:

Re: Toronto Police Auxiliary 2014- May class

Postby Rc1 » Sun May 25, 2014 11:12 am

Hey guys.
Amateur mistake here. I got a new phone plan which erased all of my voice mails including the one that the TPS recruiting left for the swearing in date changes. I know we are all getting sworn in on the 27th but was the time at 6PM or 5:30PM?

thanks

Trevis
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Toronto Police Auxiliary 2014- May class

Postby Trevis » Sun May 25, 2014 5:18 pm

Rc1 wrote:Hey guys.
Amateur mistake here. I got a new phone plan which erased all of my voice mails including the one that the TPS recruiting left for the swearing in date changes. I know we are all getting sworn in on the 27th but was the time at 6PM or 5:30PM?

thanks




No worries it happens....you are correct it's on the 27th and it's at 6pm but she advised us to be there AT LEAST 30 mins before so I'm guessing we need to prep before or somthing either way 30 mins before should be ok

ice512
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Toronto Police Auxiliary 2014- May class

Postby ice512 » Tue May 27, 2014 4:26 pm

ksowa91 wrote:
NowHiring wrote:Hi Guys

Long time lurker, first time poster

I applied for the TPS auxiliary via the Online Portal on the TPS website back in Jan 14. How ever I havnt heard any thing from them or any letter. But now in my application history in the ONLINE portal it shows that application as "unsuccessful".

Can some one here clarify that for me? Is that rejection or something else?

Thanks

Hey man, it not necessarily means that your application is no longer active. It happened to me also then few weeks later I've been contacted by the BGI to move on with the process.


I certainly hope what you said is true. I passed the interview back in Feb. 2013 and haven't heard back since.
I applied this year in Jan and March when 2 new postings came out and haven't heard anything. However on my March application the status says it's unsuccessful.

I am still baffled over the fact that what could be so bad on my background that they failed me before even giving me an interview. My background and driving abstract is 100% squeaky clean.

ksowa91
Rookie Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:11 am
Contact:

Re: Toronto Police Auxiliary 2014- May class

Postby ksowa91 » Thu May 29, 2014 11:54 pm

ice512 wrote:
ksowa91 wrote:
NowHiring wrote:Hi Guys

Long time lurker, first time poster

I applied for the TPS auxiliary via the Online Portal on the TPS website back in Jan 14. How ever I havnt heard any thing from them or any letter. But now in my application history in the ONLINE portal it shows that application as "unsuccessful".

Can some one here clarify that for me? Is that rejection or something else?

Thanks

Hey man, it not necessarily means that your application is no longer active. It happened to me also then few weeks later I've been contacted by the BGI to move on with the process.


I certainly hope what you said is true. I passed the interview back in Feb. 2013 and haven't heard back since.
I applied this year in Jan and March when 2 new postings came out and haven't heard anything. However on my March application the status says it's unsuccessful.

I am still baffled over the fact that what could be so bad on my background that they failed me before even giving me an interview. My background and driving abstract is 100% squeaky clean.


Im on the boat as you…
Passed interview back in Feb 2013, cleared background in May 2013. Never heard back ever since. My status also showed unsuccessful before i was contacted by background investigator. Ive been also told that the online status update may not be accurate and you should receive a deferral letter in the mail which I didn't get either. Theres plenty of people in the same situation, that received the call for May class. All you can do is just go around your daily routine and wait, just like I do. You can also follow up on here.

Good luck

User avatar
MasterPlanMan
Rookie Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:52 am
Contact:

Re: Toronto Police Auxiliary 2014- May class

Postby MasterPlanMan » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:31 pm

Hello there,

I'm curious if anyone know what day(s) of the week the Auxiliary does their initial training sessions and possible times (as in 7PM/8PM)? I've googled around and the only thing I found was from a few years ago about Tuesdays, Thursdays and the occasional Saturday but I am unsure if this is still current.

Thank you for your time.

citygirl
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:18 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Contact:

Re: Toronto Police Auxiliary 2014- May class

Postby citygirl » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:21 am

A recruiter told me there was a class scheduled for September 2014? Has anyone heard if they have made it into this class yet?
Applicant
Toronto, Ontario.
RPAT: May 2014
Results & SP: June 2014
RMAQ: Aug. 2014
RMSI: Sept. 2014
PARE #1: Nov. 2014
PEP: Dec. 2014
Results: Jan. 2015
BG: January 2015
Med/Psych/Dental: Feb. 2015
SC: October 2015

User avatar
Rc1
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:25 pm
Location: hamilton
Contact:

Re: Toronto Police Auxiliary 2014- May class

Postby Rc1 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:13 pm

There is going to be fall class for sure. I am an auxiliary right now and went through the summer class and they informed us that their would be a fall class. Keep patient everyone!

As for training its two days of the week and then one day on the weekend. Weekday training is usually in the evening and weekends is a full day starting nice and early. Its a lot of fun!

natalie
Rookie Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:50 am
Contact:

Re: Toronto Police Auxiliary 2014- May class

Postby natalie » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:45 pm

Had my final interview in May 2014, (for Auxiliary), haven't heard anything since, I guess that's it for this yr. Is there talk of another class in 2015? Applied last Feb. might have to re apply? I haven't got a letter of deferral yet either?? I guess after a yr, you just re apply, only those selected get contact. Does any one know? :ponder:

chand
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Toronto Police Auxiliary 2014- May class

Postby chand » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:02 pm

Edit
Last edited by chand on Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

natalie
Rookie Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:50 am
Contact:

Re: Toronto Police Auxiliary 2014- May class

Postby natalie » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:34 am

Yes I talked to a recruiter, I'm in the pool, so ill just be patient then and wait. See what happens, Thanks. for the info...January..thats cool. :D
Good luck to you also...

User avatar
MasterPlanMan
Rookie Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:52 am
Contact:

Re: Toronto Police Auxiliary 2014- May class

Postby MasterPlanMan » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:14 pm

January would be awesome. I had to defer an offer in September because of scheduling conflicts with the training. They said I'd get a call for the May 2015 class, but hopefully there's a sooner one!

ksowa91
Rookie Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:11 am
Contact:

Re: Toronto Police Auxiliary 2014- May class

Postby ksowa91 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:22 pm

natalie wrote:Had my final interview in May 2014, (for Auxiliary), haven't heard anything since, I guess that's it for this yr. Is there talk of another class in 2015? Applied last Feb. might have to re apply? I haven't got a letter of deferral yet either?? I guess after a yr, you just re apply, only those selected get contact. Does any one know? :ponder:


When was your interview?


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dhoidas, Google [Bot], SemrushBot, Winni2019 and 11 guests