Ask A BC Sheriff

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
noanykey

Re: Ask A BC Sheriff

Postby noanykey » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:30 pm

I ran a SOPAT And a few laps from a PARE for practice. I found the PARE easier as the vault is included in the run so you have momentum getting over the bar and then there’s no nightmare at the end with the 10 vaults.

The push/pull can be a breeze so long as you haven’t killed yourself in the laps. Pace, pace, pace. Give it hell in the push/pull.

I would recommend just running SOPATs though. Cause in SRT, you’re expected to pass them.

Good luck to everyone. I had to drop as earliest class 4L is march.
Royal Canadian Marine Search & Rescue
SAR Member

jborinaga
Rookie Member

Postby jborinaga » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:51 pm

Just passed my SOPAT with a great time. I did it with other 2 applicants and hoping they will be here too. Any tips and advice for the interview? PM ME
Surrey Crime Prevention & RCMP Volunteer

Dorydory
Rookie Member

Postby Dorydory » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:46 am

noanykey, did you get my PM?

noanykey

Postby noanykey » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:31 pm

Dorydory wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:46 am
noanykey, did you get my PM?
Hey Dory,

Just checked my PM's, nothing from you :(
Royal Canadian Marine Search & Rescue
SAR Member

silence_lamb
Rookie Member

Postby silence_lamb » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:31 pm

Hey everyone.

I am thinking of applying for Sheriffs during the next round of recruitment. However I don't have the greatest colour vision. To all the Sheriffs out there, how pertinent do you find having good colour vision is to carrying out your duties whether in training or on the job? I have good colour vision, but for some reason have troubles passing the colour vision eye exams.

Thanks for the replies.

Dorydory
Rookie Member

Postby Dorydory » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:36 pm

As long as you can tell the difference between red carpet and any other colour, you'll probably be fine haha. just pass the eye exam