Durham Regional Police Service

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Slovak4188
Rookie Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby Slovak4188 » Mon May 14, 2018 2:55 pm

jmn153 wrote:Hey, everyone

I have my group paperwork session for Durham on May 16th as well. Can anyone give me any insight on what goes on during the session. Is it just more paperwork to fill out like employment, personal history or will there be an interview portion as well. Also what is the PBQ? Thanks in advance

You get a Pre-Background Questionnaire (PBQ) and you fill it out honestly. Then you hand it in. That's it. No interview.

I did Durham's PBQ 3-4 years ago? They're a good service to work for. They tried to snatch a few of our guys up at training, but we all said no thanks.
"Hard truths cut both ways"

Kelseey07
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:31 am
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby Kelseey07 » Mon May 14, 2018 7:57 pm

SullyF wrote:I have my psychological appointment with Durham Regional Police's psychologist next week.

Good luck to everyone in the application process.


Good luck! :)
OPP Auxiliary
Application - May 2017
Interview - August 22nd, 2017
Fingerprints - January 23, 2018
Psych - April 11, 2018

Sauceboss
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:13 am
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby Sauceboss » Wed May 23, 2018 7:55 pm

Slovak4188 wrote:
jmn153 wrote:Hey, everyone

I have my group paperwork session for Durham on May 16th as well. Can anyone give me any insight on what goes on during the session. Is it just more paperwork to fill out like employment, personal history or will there be an interview portion as well. Also what is the PBQ? Thanks in advance

You get a Pre-Background Questionnaire (PBQ) and you fill it out honestly. Then you hand it in. That's it. No interview.

I did Durham's PBQ 3-4 years ago? They're a good service to work for. They tried to snatch a few of our guys up at training, but we all said no thanks.


Slovak which Service are you with?
Timeline
O.P.P. Aux Application Submited 11/24/2017

Slovak4188
Rookie Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby Slovak4188 » Wed May 23, 2018 11:51 pm

Sauceboss wrote:
Slovak4188 wrote:
jmn153 wrote:Hey, everyone

I have my group paperwork session for Durham on May 16th as well. Can anyone give me any insight on what goes on during the session. Is it just more paperwork to fill out like employment, personal history or will there be an interview portion as well. Also what is the PBQ? Thanks in advance

You get a Pre-Background Questionnaire (PBQ) and you fill it out honestly. Then you hand it in. That's it. No interview.

I did Durham's PBQ 3-4 years ago? They're a good service to work for. They tried to snatch a few of our guys up at training, but we all said no thanks.


Slovak which Service are you with?

PM me if u want to know, or browse the municipal services threads.
"Hard truths cut both ways"

SullyF
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 2:36 pm
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby SullyF » Thu May 24, 2018 11:16 am

Completed the psychologist interview. Very short and sweet.

alexgue89
Rookie Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:16 pm
Location: Kitchener, ON
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby alexgue89 » Thu May 24, 2018 11:31 pm

SullyF wrote:Completed the psychologist interview. Very short and sweet.


Best of luck, hopefully, you will hear something soon.
Special Constable

SullyF
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 2:36 pm
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby SullyF » Fri May 25, 2018 1:59 pm

Thanks a lot. It went really well but waiting to hear back is definitely rough haha.

Good luck to anyone else currently in the process.

SullyF
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 2:36 pm
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby SullyF » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:24 pm

Currently in the background stage with Durham Regional Police, my home visit is next week.

Anyone else currently in the process?

jt17
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby jt17 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:44 pm

Anyone currently in the hiring process with Durham Region? I am currently studying for the PATI/WCT so I am not very close to applying yet. But plan on applying to Durham once I have passed all of the preliminary testing (fingers crossed).

Just wondering if anyone had any tips/advice for a soon to be applicant.

Thanks!
TPS Application: January 24th, 2019
PBQ/Written LFI: February 3rd, 2019
ECI/LFI: March 8th, 2019
MMPI: March 8th, 2019
Psych: March 29th, 2019
Offer: April 4th, 2019

pduk3
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 4:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby pduk3 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:25 pm

I submitted my application for the "Police Constable - Recruit - 9817" position on August 12, 2018 with no response as of yet.

Last time I applied a few years ago, it did take about 2 weeks to receive the email invite for the Group Paperwork session.

Sitting on pins and needles waiting for that email!


jt17 wrote:Anyone currently in the hiring process with Durham Region? I am currently studying for the PATI/WCT so I am not very close to applying yet. But plan on applying to Durham once I have passed all of the preliminary testing (fingers crossed).

Just wondering if anyone had any tips/advice for a soon to be applicant.

Thanks!

jt17
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby jt17 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:24 am

pduk3 wrote:I submitted my application for the "Police Constable - Recruit - 9817" position on August 12, 2018 with no response as of yet.

Last time I applied a few years ago, it did take about 2 weeks to receive the email invite for the Group Paperwork session.

Sitting on pins and needles waiting for that email!


jt17 wrote:Anyone currently in the hiring process with Durham Region? I am currently studying for the PATI/WCT so I am not very close to applying yet. But plan on applying to Durham once I have passed all of the preliminary testing (fingers crossed).

Just wondering if anyone had any tips/advice for a soon to be applicant.

Thanks!


I just attended the info session last Wednesday. Hoping to have all of my testing done and applying around November. Good luck!
TPS Application: January 24th, 2019
PBQ/Written LFI: February 3rd, 2019
ECI/LFI: March 8th, 2019
MMPI: March 8th, 2019
Psych: March 29th, 2019
Offer: April 4th, 2019

jt17
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby jt17 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:08 pm

Anyone doing their ATS testing November 24th in Whitby?
TPS Application: January 24th, 2019
PBQ/Written LFI: February 3rd, 2019
ECI/LFI: March 8th, 2019
MMPI: March 8th, 2019
Psych: March 29th, 2019
Offer: April 4th, 2019

nothof60
Rookie Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby nothof60 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:01 pm

Has anyone recently been through the hiring process for DRPS?

mrtinfoilman
Regular Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:49 am
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby mrtinfoilman » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:36 pm

Anyone invited to the Paperwork session on Feb?
Last edited by mrtinfoilman on Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigCountry
Rookie Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby BigCountry » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:16 pm

Does anyone know how many recruits Durham hires for each intake?


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SemrushBot and 6 guests