Durham Regional Police Service

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Samps
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby Samps » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:53 am

Just got screened out at the background stage. The zero feedback policy is rough - I have no idea whether it's something to do with me personally, or something that a family member or friend is involved in. I was careful to disclose whatever info I knew about my family/close friends. I guess the 12-month wait to reapply gives me a chance to do some digging...

Meek182
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:50 am
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby Meek182 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:00 am

Im a big fan of preperation and research, I have recently been invited to a paper work session for a 911 communicator position after passing the criticall testing. After reading another person's post about being disqualified from the hiring process I'm a bit worried about my own family. I have a college and university education as well as retail management experience and Have worked extremely hard to better myself and distant myself from certain family members. For example, I have not had an actual relationship with my father since I was a child, and have no communication with him..
I don't even know his address and last I've heard he has no phone. I'm extremely worried about how I'm supposed to fill this information in or if it is even necessary? To be clear my legal guardians since I was 14 are my aunt and uncle. My father is...lets say a really bad egg... so does anyone have insight on this sort of issue? If my father would be the reason to interfere with an amazing career opportunity I believe I would excel at and help people..then it would be extremely disappointing. Any information would be extremely appreciated!

allbrancereal
Veteran Member
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:43 am
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby allbrancereal » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:55 am

Meek182 wrote:Im a big fan of preperation and research, I have recently been invited to a paper work session for a 911 communicator position after passing the criticall testing. After reading another person's post about being disqualified from the hiring process I'm a bit worried about my own family. I have a college and university education as well as retail management experience and Have worked extremely hard to better myself and distant myself from certain family members. For example, I have not had an actual relationship with my father since I was a child, and have no communication with him..
I don't even know his address and last I've heard he has no phone. I'm extremely worried about how I'm supposed to fill this information in or if it is even necessary? To be clear my legal guardians since I was 14 are my aunt and uncle. My father is...lets say a really bad egg... so does anyone have insight on this sort of issue? If my father would be the reason to interfere with an amazing career opportunity I believe I would excel at and help people..then it would be extremely disappointing. Any information would be extremely appreciated!


You can't choose your family. I think if you explain that you've had no contact with your "bad egg" father and don't know where he lives, that should not work against you. Bad company usually are friends or acquaintances.

Meek182
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:50 am
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby Meek182 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:35 am

allbrancereal wrote:
Meek182 wrote:Im a big fan of preperation and research, I have recently been invited to a paper work session for a 911 communicator position after passing the criticall testing. After reading another person's post about being disqualified from the hiring process I'm a bit worried about my own family. I have a college and university education as well as retail management experience and Have worked extremely hard to better myself and distant myself from certain family members. For example, I have not had an actual relationship with my father since I was a child, and have no communication with him..
I don't even know his address and last I've heard he has no phone. I'm extremely worried about how I'm supposed to fill this information in or if it is even necessary? To be clear my legal guardians since I was 14 are my aunt and uncle. My father is...lets say a really bad egg... so does anyone have insight on this sort of issue? If my father would be the reason to interfere with an amazing career opportunity I believe I would excel at and help people..then it would be extremely disappointing. Any information would be extremely appreciated!


You can't choose your family. I think if you explain that you've had no contact with your "bad egg" father and don't know where he lives, that should not work against you. Bad company usually are friends or acquaintances.



Thanks for your input, wish me luck I go in monday

jasonkl24
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:21 am
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby jasonkl24 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:24 pm

Anybody have any idea on how many new officers drps is going to hire for 2018? Also anyone attending the info session Monday??

Sauceboss
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:13 am
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby Sauceboss » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:52 am

jasonkl24 wrote:Anybody have any idea on how many new officers drps is going to hire for 2018? Also anyone attending the info session Monday??


I am late to this reply but I don''t often see DRPS Posting Info sessions. I only knew that they held one because of their facebook account. I am Looking at DRPS and O.P.P. for application on next intake.

Also,

I do not know how accurate ATS website is, but they have a link on their page showing when a Force is actively recruiting.
Timeline
O.P.P. Aux Application Submited 11/24/2017

jasonkl24
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:21 am
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby jasonkl24 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:26 am

Anybody currently in the process with DRPS? If so what do your timelines look like.

User avatar
Navrick
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby Navrick » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:31 am

jasonkl24 wrote:Anybody currently in the process with DRPS? If so what do your timelines look like.


Submitted my initial application last week. Other than the automated reply I haven't received any word.

*Update Dec 21*
Got asked to submit paperwork.

Toronto1985
Rookie Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:08 am
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby Toronto1985 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:41 pm

Anybody else do the PBQ paperwork session yesterday, Feb 5th?
Border Services Officer

court86
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:10 am
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby court86 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:50 pm

Toronto1985 wrote:Anybody else do the PBQ paperwork session yesterday, Feb 5th?


Not yesterday but I was there on Jan. 29.

Carriers
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby Carriers » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:15 pm

Anyone heard of new PBQ dates?

I had to re-schedule my PBQ date from February 13, 2018 due to personal reasons.

jared1990
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby jared1990 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:20 pm

Had the PBQ/paperwork session on March 27th.

Kelseey07
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:31 am
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby Kelseey07 » Wed May 09, 2018 9:01 am

Hey!

Is anyone doing their paperwork session on May 16th? I'm going to an information session with Peel Regional that evening and have a 4 hour drive just to get Durham, it's going to be a long but productive day!
OPP Auxiliary
Application - May 2017
Interview - August 22nd, 2017
Fingerprints - January 23, 2018
Psych - April 11, 2018

SullyF
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 2:36 pm
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby SullyF » Sun May 13, 2018 2:42 pm

I have my psychological appointment with Durham Regional Police's psychologist next week.

Good luck to everyone in the application process.

jmn153
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 11:44 am
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby jmn153 » Mon May 14, 2018 11:52 am

Hey, everyone

I have my group paperwork session for Durham on May 16th as well. Can anyone give me any insight on what goes on during the session. Is it just more paperwork to fill out like employment, personal history or will there be an interview portion as well. Also what is the PBQ? Thanks in advance


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], SemrushBot and 8 guests