Durham Regional Police Service

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Majha85
Rookie Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby Majha85 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:41 pm

Folks has anyone re scheduled their group paperwork session with DRPS in the past. I got invitation for paperwork session but that day i will be out of country as i have already planned for it. Any feedback will be appreciated

User avatar
Wingman19
Veteran Member
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:15 am
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby Wingman19 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:06 pm

Majha85 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:41 pm
Folks has anyone re scheduled their group paperwork session with DRPS in the past. I got invitation for paperwork session but that day i will be out of country as i have already planned for it. Any feedback will be appreciated
I mean, you should've applied after your trip. You know who you can contact, nobody here can help you. Good luck.
RCMP ON APP
app: Dec 4 2019
SP: Dec16 2019
QA review: Dec 23 2019
PBQ: Feb 10/20
Suitability: Feb 26/20
RMAQ: April/20
RFI April/20
PEP: Recom May 1/20
Field Investigation: June/20
PEP rec: :swords:
Many Municipal apps: On-Going

OfficerK2
Rookie Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby OfficerK2 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:32 am

Anyone here back from the PBQ on feb 3 2020 yet?!

dalooking
Rookie Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby dalooking » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:15 am

OfficerK2 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:32 am
Anyone here back from the PBQ on feb 3 2020 yet?!
From what I hear there are LFI invites that have been sent out.

OfficerK2
Rookie Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby OfficerK2 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:20 am

Thanks , appreciate it, hopefully some more come through today or tomorrow. Fingers crossed

nothof60
Rookie Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby nothof60 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:30 pm

OfficerK2 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:32 am
Anyone here back from the PBQ on feb 3 2020 yet?!

Heard back same day.

User avatar
Wingman19
Veteran Member
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:15 am
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby Wingman19 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:58 am

OfficerK2 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:32 am
Anyone here back from the PBQ on feb 3 2020 yet?!
They select a couple from each session and usually call them back on the same day or the next day. Good luck!
RCMP ON APP
app: Dec 4 2019
SP: Dec16 2019
QA review: Dec 23 2019
PBQ: Feb 10/20
Suitability: Feb 26/20
RMAQ: April/20
RFI April/20
PEP: Recom May 1/20
Field Investigation: June/20
PEP rec: :swords:
Many Municipal apps: On-Going

User avatar
Wingman19
Veteran Member
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:15 am
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby Wingman19 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:34 pm

Anyone here from today's session! :alright:
RCMP ON APP
app: Dec 4 2019
SP: Dec16 2019
QA review: Dec 23 2019
PBQ: Feb 10/20
Suitability: Feb 26/20
RMAQ: April/20
RFI April/20
PEP: Recom May 1/20
Field Investigation: June/20
PEP rec: :swords:
Many Municipal apps: On-Going

Iv.sanchez
Rookie Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby Iv.sanchez » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:45 am

Interested in applying for DRPS.

How important is it to have a college diploma? I have some college education but wondering if it’s make or break if you don’t have a college diploma?

dalooking
Rookie Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby dalooking » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:52 am

Iv.sanchez wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:45 am
Interested in applying for DRPS.

How important is it to have a college diploma? I have some college education but wondering if it’s make or break if you don’t have a college diploma?
Lots of factors my friend. If you are older (late twenties or older) without post-secondary education, it might be okay as you should have more life experience. If you're early/mid 20's without post-secondary education it would make it a lot more difficult I believe. Durham values post-secondary education greatly, as does most services.

whatamiseeing
Rookie Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby whatamiseeing » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

dalooking wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:56 pm
[quote=Jcastle post_id=845107 time=<a href="tel:1580145054">1580145054</a> user_id=38925]
[quote=dalooking post_id=845069 time=<a href="tel:1580000407">1580000407</a> user_id=48177]
[quote=Wingman19 post_id=845068 time=<a href="tel:1579999765">1579999765</a> user_id=49446]


Congratulations!

1) How long was your process from online application to offer?
2) Any tips for the paperwork session? What questions I may asked while I make my file?
3) How big is your class?

Good Luck to you at OPC.
Thank you sir!

1) Applied November 28th, 2019, got an offer Jan 21st 2020. So roughly two months, if Durham wants you they will make it known and move quickly.

2) Wear a suit, look the best you can. Be friendly, but don't overdo it for the sake of it. Bring everything they ask, put it in the order they ask, ask questions if you don't understand. Usually, you're asked questions about your history when you go do your one-on-one with the recruiter, general stuff and concerns they may have regarding your PBQ. Don't stress about this paperwork session because it was pretty easy going!

3) I was told MAX 20, unsure if that will be reached.
[/quote]

Thanks for this information!

Would you happen to have a timeline from start to finish (approx)? How many people do they typically contact in your background investigation (if known)? I'm in a unique position with regards to the background as I'm a transgender applicant and will need to provide them names/pronouns to be used when they contact individuals.

Best of luck at OPC and thanks again for your anecdotal experience!
[/quote]

Applied - Nov 28th 2019
Invited to PBQ - Dec 3rd, 2019
PBQ - Dec 9th, 2019
LFI - Dec 13th, 2019
ECI - Dec 17th, 2019
PBI - Dec 27th, 2019
Psych Written - Jan 6th, 2020 (Not with Durham)
Psych Interview - Jan 9th, 2020 (With Durham)
Background started - Jan 13, 2020
Conditional Offer - Jan 21st, 2020

I had 8 or 9 references called for my application, good luck with your process.
[/quote]

Hello Dalooking,

That’s amazing you got hired that fast. Mind if I ask what your work experience, certifications, education, volunteering, and extracurricular activities are?

dalooking
Rookie Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby dalooking » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:42 pm

whatamiseeing wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm
dalooking wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:56 pm
[quote=Jcastle post_id=845107 time=<a href="tel:1580145054">1580145054</a> user_id=38925]
[quote=dalooking post_id=845069 time=<a href="tel:1580000407">1580000407</a> user_id=48177]
[quote=Wingman19 post_id=845068 time=<a href="tel:1579999765">1579999765</a> user_id=49446]


Congratulations!

1) How long was your process from online application to offer?
2) Any tips for the paperwork session? What questions I may asked while I make my file?
3) How big is your class?

Good Luck to you at OPC.
Thank you sir!

1) Applied November 28th, 2019, got an offer Jan 21st 2020. So roughly two months, if Durham wants you they will make it known and move quickly.

2) Wear a suit, look the best you can. Be friendly, but don't overdo it for the sake of it. Bring everything they ask, put it in the order they ask, ask questions if you don't understand. Usually, you're asked questions about your history when you go do your one-on-one with the recruiter, general stuff and concerns they may have regarding your PBQ. Don't stress about this paperwork session because it was pretty easy going!

3) I was told MAX 20, unsure if that will be reached.
Thanks for this information!

Would you happen to have a timeline from start to finish (approx)? How many people do they typically contact in your background investigation (if known)? I'm in a unique position with regards to the background as I'm a transgender applicant and will need to provide them names/pronouns to be used when they contact individuals.

Best of luck at OPC and thanks again for your anecdotal experience!
[/quote]

Applied - Nov 28th 2019
Invited to PBQ - Dec 3rd, 2019
PBQ - Dec 9th, 2019
LFI - Dec 13th, 2019
ECI - Dec 17th, 2019
PBI - Dec 27th, 2019
Psych Written - Jan 6th, 2020 (Not with Durham)
Psych Interview - Jan 9th, 2020 (With Durham)
Background started - Jan 13, 2020
Conditional Offer - Jan 21st, 2020

I had 8 or 9 references called for my application, good luck with your process.
[/quote]

Hello Dalooking,

That’s amazing you got hired that fast. Mind if I ask what your work experience, certifications, education, volunteering, and extracurricular activities are?
[/quote]

Hello,
I've only worked unrelated part-time customer service type jobs. I have a diploma & (almost, graduating in April) a degree in a completely unrelated field. I have been volunteering with at-risk youth for a year and a half. Not much extracurricular activities. I have other qualities that made me stand out, however.

There are no cookie-cutter qualifications to have for this profession, everyone brings something different and evidently everything that I brought made me competitive. Don't follow what others do, just be the best you.

whatamiseeing
Rookie Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby whatamiseeing » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:18 pm

dalooking wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:42 pm
[quote=whatamiseeing post_id=846899 time=<a href="tel:1584062896">1584062896</a> user_id=50228]
[quote=dalooking post_id=845108 time=<a href="tel:1580147812">1580147812</a> user_id=48177]
[quote=Jcastle post_id=845107 time=<a href="tel:<a href="tel:1580145054">1580145054</a>">1580145054</a> user_id=38925]
[quote=dalooking post_id=845069 time=<a href="tel:<a href="tel:1580000407">1580000407</a>">1580000407</a> user_id=48177]
[quote=Wingman19 post_id=845068 time=<a href="tel:<a href="tel:1579999765">1579999765</a>">1579999765</a> user_id=49446]




Hello,
I've only worked unrelated part-time customer service type jobs. I have a diploma & (almost, graduating in April) a degree in a completely unrelated field. I have been volunteering with at-risk youth for a year and a half. Not much extracurricular activities. I have other qualities that made me stand out, however.

There are no cookie-cutter qualifications to have for this profession, everyone brings something different and evidently everything that I brought made me competitive. Don't follow what others do, just be the best you.
Yes I understand. I was curious because of how extraordinary your situation is. Congratulations

User avatar
Wingman19
Veteran Member
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:15 am
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby Wingman19 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:36 pm

whatamiseeing wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:18 pm
dalooking wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:42 pm
[quote=whatamiseeing post_id=846899 time=<a href="tel:1584062896">1584062896</a> user_id=50228]
[quote=dalooking post_id=845108 time=<a href="tel:1580147812">1580147812</a> user_id=48177]
[quote=Jcastle post_id=845107 time=<a href="tel:<a href="tel:1580145054">1580145054</a>">1580145054</a> user_id=38925]
[quote=dalooking post_id=845069 time=<a href="tel:<a href="tel:1580000407">1580000407</a>">1580000407</a> user_id=48177]
[quote=Wingman19 post_id=845068 time=<a href="tel:<a href="tel:1579999765">1579999765</a>">1579999765</a> user_id=49446]




Hello,
I've only worked unrelated part-time customer service type jobs. I have a diploma & (almost, graduating in April) a degree in a completely unrelated field. I have been volunteering with at-risk youth for a year and a half. Not much extracurricular activities. I have other qualities that made me stand out, however.

There are no cookie-cutter qualifications to have for this profession, everyone brings something different and evidently everything that I brought made me competitive. Don't follow what others do, just be the best you.
Yes I understand. I was curious because of how extraordinary your situation is. Congratulations
He's a gold medalist at jousting and speaks multiple languages.
RCMP ON APP
app: Dec 4 2019
SP: Dec16 2019
QA review: Dec 23 2019
PBQ: Feb 10/20
Suitability: Feb 26/20
RMAQ: April/20
RFI April/20
PEP: Recom May 1/20
Field Investigation: June/20
PEP rec: :swords:
Many Municipal apps: On-Going

dalooking
Rookie Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Durham Regional Police Service

Postby dalooking » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:10 pm

Wingman19 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:36 pm
whatamiseeing wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:18 pm
dalooking wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:42 pm
[quote=whatamiseeing post_id=846899 time=<a href="tel:1584062896">1584062896</a> user_id=50228]
[quote=dalooking post_id=845108 time=<a href="tel:1580147812">1580147812</a> user_id=48177]
[quote=Jcastle post_id=845107 time=<a href="tel:<a href="tel:1580145054">1580145054</a>">1580145054</a> user_id=38925]
[quote=dalooking post_id=845069 time=<a href="tel:<a href="tel:1580000407">1580000407</a>">1580000407</a> user_id=48177]
[quote=Wingman19 post_id=845068 time=<a href="tel:<a href="tel:1579999765">1579999765</a>">1579999765</a> user_id=49446]




Hello,
I've only worked unrelated part-time customer service type jobs. I have a diploma & (almost, graduating in April) a degree in a completely unrelated field. I have been volunteering with at-risk youth for a year and a half. Not much extracurricular activities. I have other qualities that made me stand out, however.

There are no cookie-cutter qualifications to have for this profession, everyone brings something different and evidently everything that I brought made me competitive. Don't follow what others do, just be the best you.
Yes I understand. I was curious because of how extraordinary your situation is. Congratulations
He's a gold medalist at jousting and speaks multiple languages.
One of those languages is fluency in beluga whale


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DK345, Google [Bot], Guest, SemrushBot and 16 guests