Wreckless Driving 5 years ago and application

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
BusDriver89
Rookie Member

Wreckless Driving 5 years ago and application

Postby BusDriver89 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:00 am

In my application I am asked to answer some questions about my driving history. 5 years ago I had a string of points and suspensions for wreckless driving, due to a combination of being a new driver, driving a terrible car and not securing my plate on properly. I ended up getting a suspension because the points were back to back within a month, and had to apply to the Ministry of Transportation to get my suspension revoked. Will this prevent me from getting hired with the RCMP, CBSA, Corrections or Sheriffs in B.C.?

FedCO
King Poobah

Re: Wreckless Driving 5 years ago and application

Postby FedCO » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:19 am

BusDriver89 wrote:In my application I am asked to answer some questions about my driving history. 5 years ago I had a string of points and suspensions for wreckless driving, due to a combination of being a new driver, driving a terrible car and not securing my plate on properly. I ended up getting a suspension because the points were back to back within a month, and had to apply to the Ministry of Transportation to get my suspension revoked. Will this prevent me from getting hired with the RCMP, CBSA, Corrections or Sheriffs in B.C.?

I would wait a year or two since they look at your last five years. I would also take a drivers training course /defense course. How is your volunteering? Also how old were you then and now? You need a good drivers record as you will need to drive government vehicles.

CourtOfficer
Site Admin

Postby CourtOfficer » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:14 am

You should be fine. A buddy of mine had a record as long as your arm. He was honest about it and still got hired. Just don't minimize your behavior (such as suggesting an insecure plate as a cause for "wreckless driving").

CO

ride365
Rookie Member

Postby ride365 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:21 am

BusDriver89 wrote:In my application I am asked to answer some questions about my driving history. 5 years ago I had a string of points and suspensions for wreckless driving, due to a combination of being a new driver, driving a terrible car and not securing my plate on properly. I ended up getting a suspension because the points were back to back within a month, and had to apply to the Ministry of Transportation to get my suspension revoked. Will this prevent me from getting hired with the RCMP, CBSA, Corrections or Sheriffs in B.C.?

Sounds to me like the real reason your license was revoked was for reckless driving. Being a new driver and the type of car you drive shouldn't cause most people to be stopped by the police. Regardless if you can prove to the agency you apply with that you've changed the way you drive (and your driving attitude) and you're past their exclusion period then you should be ok. I know that all the agencies I've applied with strongly stressed the importance of having and maintaining a clean driving record.
Last edited by ride365 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Postby Dave Brown » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:51 pm

#1 - Learn to spell reckless.

#2 - Stop denying responsibility. Lots of new people drive terrible cars with loose licence plates and don't get a suspended licence for reckless driving. Those are your competition.

#3 - Stop trying to deceive people on this forum. A ticket for an unsecured licence plate does NOT add up to reckless driving. So what is it? A cumulative effect of minor tickets and you lied about the reckless driving charge, or you were charged with reckless driving and you are lying about the other tickets being the reason you lost your licence.

Not a good way to start out on these forums, my friend.

Police agencies are canceling recruit classes across the country. This means it is about to get WAY more competitive. Your driving record sucks; you deny responsibility and you seem to think it is okay to try to deceive people on this forum who have heard EVERY excuse in the book. It's not your driving record you need to improve; it's YOU.

But good luck anyway, and the only way you will ever find out for sure is to apply and see what happens.

brihard
Rookie Member

Postby brihard » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:35 pm

To be fair to the lad, "wreckless" isn't the worst thing one can have as a driving record, even if his command of the Queen's English offends me.

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:29 pm

In Ontario, your driving record is FOREVER (for some to see... Law Enforcement)...

I'm not sure if things can be made to disappear in other Provinces???
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

AHP309
Seasoned Member

Postby AHP309 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:59 pm

Respond Wayne wrote:In Ontario, your driving record is FOREVER (for some to see... Law Enforcement)...

I'm not sure if things can be made to disappear in other Provinces???

Forever in Alberta and available to anyone with Motor Vehicle data base access.

ArcticCop
King Poobah

Postby ArcticCop » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:05 pm

Ive been driving wreckless for years now. I get an insurance break because of it.
"Arctic sounds to me like hes a long time hardened cop. A cop and an outdated one at that"
- Shocktech88

GoodWitness
Rookie Member

Postby GoodWitness » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:01 pm

ArcticCop wrote:Ive been driving wreckless for years now. I get an insurance break because of it.

Grey Power...? :smirk:

Bravosarah
Rookie Member

Postby Bravosarah » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:01 pm

ArcticCop wrote:Ive been driving wreckless for years now. I get an insurance break because of it.

LOL! I also have a wreckless driving record.
*FIRE INVESTIGATOR* origin, cause, & circumstance :D

ArcticCop
King Poobah

Postby ArcticCop » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:30 pm

GoodWitness wrote:

Grey Power...? :smirk:

Offside!

Lol. I just started getting grey in my beard. I've got some miles left!
"Arctic sounds to me like hes a long time hardened cop. A cop and an outdated one at that"
- Shocktech88

Ironside
Seasoned Member

Postby Ironside » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:40 am

Dave Brown wrote:#1 - Learn to spell reckless.

#2 - Stop denying responsibility. Lots of new people drive terrible cars with loose licence plates and don't get a suspended licence for reckless driving. Those are your competition.

#3 - Stop trying to deceive people on this forum. A ticket for an unsecured licence plate does NOT add up to reckless driving. So what is it? A cumulative effect of minor tickets and you lied about the reckless driving charge, or you were charged with reckless driving and you are lying about the other tickets being the reason you lost your licence.

Not a good way to start out on these forums, my friend.

Police agencies are canceling recruit classes across the country. This means it is about to get WAY more competitive. Your driving record sucks; you deny responsibility and you seem to think it is okay to try to deceive people on this forum who have heard EVERY excuse in the book. It's not your driving record you need to improve; it's YOU.

But good luck anyway, and the only way you will ever find out for sure is to apply and see what happens.

Reminds me of the guy who "got a DUI because they found a half can of beer in my cup holder". :ponder:
Did you know the word gullible isn't in the dictionary?

Redfields Apprentice
Seasoned Member

Postby Redfields Apprentice » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:03 pm

As pointed out. its reckless not wreckless.

Also you were likely charged with "Careless" driving. 490 plus 6 points. its a good one.

You have lots of maturing to do; and need to take OWNERSHIP and RESPONSIBILITY for YOUR mistakes. Until you do; you WILL NOT become a police officer.

People on this forum who are officers and recruiters have heard every excuse. Trying to deceive them will get you gonged immediately.

If i had a nickel for everytime i heard a sentence that started with:

Yeah but....

It's not my fault...

It's not mine...

Everyone else does it...

This other vehicle, this other guy, my mom, my dad, society, Game Genie....
Meathead1 wrote:Now go pay your ticket you fucking bag of dicks
A.T.R. wrote: I'll be blunt.

You're a fucking retard.

Please feel free to take a sample from the bowl of dicks on the way out.